Release Notes for v5.1.4 (515420) - Second Life Viewer
This is the latest build of the Animesh project viewer. It has some bug fixes including improved handling of animation notifications; there should be fewer cases where animations fail to display for some animesh objects. There is more checking of when a skeleton is needed for a nominally animesh object - now one should be present only when the linkset contains at least one rigged mesh, and this should update correctly when link/unlink operations take place, or other state changes. ARC for animesh objects has also been updated based on some feedback with the previous build.
Animesh is a new feature under development that allows non-avatar objects to play animations like avatars do today. Animesh is still under development, so the new features will only work in supported test regions on Aditi. See the wiki page for details on how to get started with animesh. You can report problems with animesh in our JIRA and discuss it with other interested residents at the Animesh Forum .
For more information, see our blog posting.
- MAINT-7528 Inconsistent rules for rigged mesh uploads - attachment points
- MAINT-7710 (bad bear) bear disappears when it's duplicated.
- MAINT-7763 Crash when wearing Animated Mesh
- MAINT-7773 [Animesh] Users from different viewer don't see the Animesh stop animating when it is selected.
- MAINT-7817 Viewer crash after teleporting while wearing animesh objects
- MAINT-7818 Viewer crash when disabling Animated Mesh of an object with multiple meshes
- MAINT-7819 [PV] An observer receives error message when someone links 2 Animesh together.
- MAINT-7854 Animesh is rendered lower in 220.127.116.119208 than previous viewers.
- MAINT-7857 Animesh objects cast no shadows.
- MAINT-7858 Animesh skeleton is incorrect after linking to a different Animesh.
- MAINT-7860 [PV] Inconsistent enablement of editing translation/rotation/scale via text widgets
- MAINT-7870 [PV] Observers do not see objects transition between Animesh and rigged mesh states
- MAINT-7880 The first Animesh to be dragged across a region boundary in a session will disappear.
- MAINT-7913 Crash after detaching an Animesh attachment that has stopped rendering in-world
- MAINT-7934 [ANIMESH] Crash in LLDrawPoolAvatar::removeRiggedFace: Face reference data corrupt for rigged type 16; wrong face pointer
- MAINT-7992 Animesh objects outside view frustum stop rendering after a while.
- MAINT-7994 child animesh object influences root animesh object.
- MAINT-8088 [Animesh] Issue with selected object inventory refusing to stay loaded while animations in the same inventory are playing and Animation Info is enabled.
- MAINT-8145 [Animesh] Issue with specific mesh avatar lagging camera movement while Animated Mesh status is active.
- MAINT-8159 [Animesh] Issue with animations during linking and delinking.
- MAINT-8239 (joint positions) Issue with one or more character's bone deforms not rendering properly among a group of all the same characters.
- MAINT-8522 [Animesh] animesh attachment deforms avatar
- MAINT-8525 [Animesh] Viewer crash during buy the objects
- MAINT-8539 (animations) Animesh is not animate quickly after teleporting
- MAINT-8559 [Animesh] Don't add a skeleton to a linkset upon clicking "Animated Mesh" unless said linkset contains rigged mesh. Remove skeletons from linksets upon delinking if no links contain rigged mesh.
- MAINT-8575 [Animesh] Viewer adds estimated tri counts of sitters to Animesh objects.
- MAINT-8615 (animations) Animesh attachment does not animate after login on build 515000
- SL-707 UI design for animated mesh property editing
- SL-712 [PV] Update wiki for new LSL functions
- SL-714 Handle selection/edit for animated objects
- SL-718 [PV] Support animated objects as attachments
- SL-719 [PV] Handle objects with physics
- SL-724 Optimize the control avatar
- SL-726 Restrict updateCharacter() transform munging for control avatars
- SL-729 [PV] Handle region crossings
- SL-749 Edit/move animated object across region boundary causes object to disappear
- SL-751 Test infrastructure
- SL-759 Animated Objects should impostor correctly
- SL-760 [PV] Support sitting on animated objects
- SL-761 [PV] Refine transformation matching between skeleton, object
- SL-763 Distant animated objects run at super-fast speed
- SL-779 Support non-rigged root object for animesh linksets (viewer)
- SL-785 Non-rigged objects in animesh linksets do not display properly
- SL-786 Bug notes from Henri, open source list
- SL-789 Crash in LLCharacter::LLCharacter() - assert sAllowInstancesChange
- SL-790 [PV] Enforce limit on how many animesh attachments can be worn simultaneously (viewer)
- SL-794 [PV] Enforce triangle count limit for animesh objects (viewer)
- SL-797 [PV] Placeholder ARC impact from animated objects
- SL-800 [PV] Changing animated mesh flag on attached object should update joint positions appropriately
- SL-808 [PV] Update ARC display for animated objects
- SL-811 [PV] Non-self av showing with wrong joint positions. Also reset skeleton fails with attached animesh.
- SL-830 Corrupted graphics state in multi-piece animesh linksets
- SL-831 Support link/unlink with multi-piece animesh linksets
- SL-838 Crash when un-flagging an animesh attachment - "Tried to add a rigged face that's referenced elsewhere"
- SL-859 (animations) New arrivals may not get notification of previously started animations
- SL-897 (limits) viewer updates for final limits
- SL-902 Animesh objects with rigged meshes must always display rigged to skeleton