This is the latest build of the Animesh project viewer. It has a fix for a bug that caused rigged meshes to fail to display intermittently. There is a significant change to orientation handling for animesh objects in this build. If you make an animesh object from a linkset that contains a rigged mesh as the root object, then the rotation for the object will be corrected to try to make the rigged display line up with the physics representation (correction is based on the bind shape matrix). This will change the behavior of some existing content - for example, the gift raptors on agni are now rotated 90 degrees. Content that uses a non-rigged object as the root should be unaffected by this change. LOD calculations for animesh objects now use the dynamically updated bounding box, so they should be more accurate and consistent.
Animesh is a new feature under development that allows non-avatar objects to play animations like avatars do today. Animesh is still under development, so the new features will only work in supported test regions on Aditi. See the wiki page for details on how to get started with animesh. You can report problems with animesh in our JIRA and discuss it with other interested residents at the Animesh Forum .
For more information, see our blog posting.
- MAINT-7528 Inconsistent rules for rigged mesh uploads - attachment points
- MAINT-7763 Crash when wearing Animated Mesh
- MAINT-7773 [Animesh] Users from different viewer don't see the Animesh stop animating when it is selected.
- MAINT-7817 Viewer crash after teleporting while wearing animesh objects
- MAINT-7818 Viewer crash when disabling Animated Mesh of an object with multiple meshes
- MAINT-7819 [PV] An observer receives error message when someone links 2 Animesh together.
- MAINT-7854 Animesh is rendered lower in 220.127.116.119208 than previous viewers.
- MAINT-7857 Animesh objects cast no shadows.
- MAINT-7858 Animesh skeleton is incorrect after linking to a different Animesh.
- MAINT-7860 [PV] Inconsistent enablement of editing translation/rotation/scale via text widgets
- MAINT-7870 [PV] Observers do not see objects transition between Animesh and rigged mesh states
- MAINT-7880 The first Animesh to be dragged across a region boundary in a session will disappear.
- MAINT-7913 Crash after detaching an Animesh attachment that has stopped rendering in-world
- MAINT-7926 (lod) Animesh - Animated rigged mesh gets avatar LOD radius boost
- MAINT-7931 (other) Animesh - physics/BB scaling does not reflect visual scaling
- MAINT-7934 [ANIMESH] Crash in LLDrawPoolAvatar::removeRiggedFace: Face reference data corrupt for rigged type 16; wrong face pointer
- MAINT-7992 Animesh objects outside view frustum stop rendering after a while.
- MAINT-7994 child animesh object influences root animesh object.
- MAINT-8088 [Animesh] Issue with selected object inventory refusing to stay loaded while animations in the same inventory are playing and Animation Info is enabled.
- MAINT-8145 [Animesh] Issue with specific mesh avatar lagging camera movement while Animated Mesh status is active.
- MAINT-8159 [Animesh] Issue with animations during linking and delinking.
- MAINT-8239 (joint positions) Issue with one or more character's bone deforms not rendering properly among a group of all the same characters.
- MAINT-8400 (lod) (scattered static boxes can stretch the effective box) LOD and ARC of Rigged Mesh is even worse than I had previously thought....
- MAINT-8525 [Animesh] Viewer crash during buy the objects
- MAINT-8539 (animations) Animesh is not animate quickly after teleporting
- MAINT-8548 [Animesh] Animesh object orientation is incorrect after rez.
- MAINT-8549 [Animesh] New avatar complexity seems excessively low for Animesh objects.
- MAINT-8554 (encroachment) Constrain encroachment by animesh objects and avatars somehow. Clamp joint position overrides?
- MAINT-8559 [Animesh] Don't add a skeleton to a linkset upon clicking "Animated Mesh" unless said linkset contains rigged mesh. Remove skeletons from linksets upon delinking if no links contain rigged mesh.
- MAINT-8575 [Animesh] Viewer adds estimated tri counts of sitters to Animesh objects.
- MAINT-8615 (animations) Animesh attachment does not animate after login on build 515000
- MAINT-8652 Joint positions not applied for observers after disabling animated mesh checkbox of a worn Animesh
- MAINT-8653 [ANIMESH] Animesh does not obey z-height offsets decided upon upload
- MAINT-8722 Crash on edit logcontrol-dev.xml
- MAINT-8766 [Animesh] Appearance To XML crashes the viewer.
- MAINT-8793 Link-Set AniMesh broken on R.C. Agni (Main Grid)
- MAINT-8857 (other) Animesh - physics is not rotated while visual mesh is.
- MAINT-8863 [Animesh 32bit build] Rigged mesh avatars are not shown in the viewer
- SL-691 Viewer support for animating non-attached meshes
- SL-694 viewer: Define object type for animated objects
- SL-707 UI design for animated mesh property editing
- SL-712 [PV] Update wiki for new LSL functions
- SL-714 Handle selection/edit for animated objects
- SL-718 [PV] Support animated objects as attachments
- SL-719 [PV] Handle objects with physics
- SL-722 Handle multi-piece linksets, only root object should set/examine the animated object checkbox
- SL-724 Optimize the control avatar
- SL-725 Restrict animations for control avatar
- SL-726 Restrict updateCharacter() transform munging for control avatars
- SL-727 Disable display of agent-related text with control avatars, and agent-related interaction options
- SL-729 [PV] Handle region crossings
- SL-749 Edit/move animated object across region boundary causes object to disappear
- SL-751 Test infrastructure
- SL-759 Animated Objects should impostor correctly
- SL-760 [PV] Support sitting on animated objects
- SL-761 [PV] Refine transformation matching between skeleton, object
- SL-763 Distant animated objects run at super-fast speed
- SL-779 Support non-rigged root object for animesh linksets (viewer)
- SL-785 Non-rigged objects in animesh linksets do not display properly
- SL-786 Bug notes from Henri, open source list
- SL-789 Crash in LLCharacter::LLCharacter() - assert sAllowInstancesChange
- SL-790 [PV] Enforce limit on how many animesh attachments can be worn simultaneously (viewer)
- SL-794 [PV] Enforce triangle count limit for animesh objects (viewer)
- SL-797 [PV] Placeholder ARC impact from animated objects
- SL-800 [PV] Changing animated mesh flag on attached object should update joint positions appropriately
- SL-808 [PV] Update ARC display for animated objects
- SL-811 [PV] Non-self av showing with wrong joint positions. Also reset skeleton fails with attached animesh.
- SL-830 Corrupted graphics state in multi-piece animesh linksets
- SL-831 Support link/unlink with multi-piece animesh linksets
- SL-838 Crash when un-flagging an animesh attachment - "Tried to add a rigged face that's referenced elsewhere"
- SL-859 (animations) New arrivals may not get notification of previously started animations
- SL-863 (other) Jelly-doll support for animesh objects
- SL-897 (limits) viewer updates for final limits
- SL-902 Animesh objects with rigged meshes must always display rigged to skeleton
- SL-908 Animesh - rigged mesh highlighting broken
- SL-915 Dynamic tracking for rigged mesh extents