Release Notes/Second Life Release/2.8.0
See what's new in the Release Notes for SL Viewer v2.8 updates...
|Important: Apple OS X Lion is -not yet- supported by the Second Life Viewer. While we fully intend to support this latest OS X release, we are still testing and working out some compatibility issues. So, until we can be certain that the new OS X will play well with Second Life, we recommend you not upgrade to OS X Lion.|
Release Notes for SL Viewer v2.8.0 (236429) - Second Life Release
Released July 26, 2011
|Note: Due to the declining usage of some older SL Viewers, with this release we will be blocking logins for all versions from 2.1.1 to 2.6.8. While we don't expect these deprecations to impact significant numbers of residents, we do apologize if you are inconvenienced as a result. For more information about the SL Viewer versions we support, as well as our current deprecation policy, please visit the Viewer Support Policy wiki page.|
- Region Environment Settings - Region environment settings (aka Windlight region settings) are controls that enable region managers to customize water, sky, and day cycle environment settings for their regions. See Region environment settings in the Second Life Knowledge Base.
- Hiding Avatars and Restricting Avatar Sounds - For more information, see Hiding avatars and restricting avatar sounds in the Second Life Knowledge Base.
- Search Button on Bottom Bar
Crash and Performance Fixes
- [PUBLIC_JIRA_USERS] Widespread crash-to-desktop via llvertexbuffer.cpp(1005) - "memory allocation for vertex data failed" or Render Pool 15
- [PUBLIC] Basic Shaders On chokes framerate in 2.7.4
- [crashhunters] Crash in LLNearbyChatScreenChannel::showToastsBottom()
- [crashhunters] Crash at  LLPreviewNotecard::saveIfNeeded(LLInventoryItem *) [secondlife-bin llpreviewnotecard.cpp]
- [VWR-24099] [crashhunters] Crash at  LLTemplateMessageBuilder::nextBlock(char const *) [secondlife-bin lltemplatemessagebuilder.cpp]
- [VOICE-3] [crashhunters] LLVivoxVoiceClient::stateMachine()
- [EXP-825] [crashhunters] Crash in LLToolPie::handleMouseUp
- [PUBLIC] [crashhunters] LLVivoxVoiceClient::stateMachine()
- [PUBLIC] Keyboard definition file keys.xml contains invalid XML markup
- [PUBLIC] Black Screen when I enable Lighting and Shadows
- [PUBLIC] Formerly visible windlight clouds are no longer displayed
- Redundant popups
- Mute Gestures Button
- Nearby sidebar minimap should be optional
- Console debug data scrolls away too quickly and is hard to read
- Use colour picker for sky colors
- [VWR-25480] Worldmap: Partial region name search UI bug
- Add Nearby Voice to the Communicate menu
- Missing Object/Prim count in Second Life 2.7.4 (233201) Jun 17 2011 21:33:05 (Second Life Development)
- [STORM-787] (mute gestures) also mutes sounds from objects
- [ENG LAYOUT] Viewer - Overlapping text in Input/Output devices preference
- Favorites folder in inventory does not translate properly
- Searching in the world map clears the destination arrow but not the destination beacon
- No way to apply changes in estate settings like Allow public access or Allow Voice Chat after merging WLRS
- /me [message] emote displays /me [message] instead of <myname> [message]
Translation and Localization Updates
- There is no space char after [AGENT_NAME] in 'conference-title-incoming' for Japanese language
- (ALL LANGS) [TRANSLATED BUT IN ENG] (Spanish) Side Menu > Gente tab > MIS AMIGOS tab > buttons "Call", "Share" and "Teleport" and their tooltips
- [ALL LANGS] (Spanish) [HARDCODED] Selling land, advice with "Anyone" in English.
- MULTIPLE LANGS (Spanish/German) [FORMATTING] Overlapped text in About Land Window when the land is for sell: "Los objetos se incluyen en la venta"
- Debug settings -- TRUE/FALSE name (not label) translated in foreign languages
- [TRANSLATED BUT IN EN] ALL LANGS - Untranslated "Cancel" button on Edit Pick page
- (Spanish) [TRUNCATION] Construir > Seleccionar la Herramienta de construcción > Herramienta Editar: button "Desenla"
- [DE] BESCHR is displayed for each slider in the Edit Physics panel
- (Spanish) [MEANING] Yo > Preferencias > Colores: "Activo" should be "Activa"
- (Spanish) [MEANING] Yo > Preferencias > Colores: "Inactivo" should be "Inactiva"
- (Spanish) [Regression: MEANING] Yo > Preferencias > Sonido y Media. "Música en streaming... Activados" should be "Música en streaming... Activada"
- [TRUNCATION - SHORTEN OPTION] Mundo > Foto > VISTA PREVIA DE LA FOTO. "Calidad de la imag" should be "Calidad de la imagen"
Source and Build Changes
- Sockets not correctly set to non-blocking on Windows
- Switch from grep -v setenv to <filters>setenv</...> available in the latest autobuild.