Release Notes for v3.7.9 (290582) - Second Life Viewer
Please see the Known Issues
for important information and limitations.
Second Life Release Viewer version 184.108.40.2060582
Released on June 16, 2014.
- [ Windows | Macintosh | Linux]
This release combines Sunshine and MemPlugs changes:
- a variety of fixes to address memory leaks in the viewer and improve crash rate.
Sunshine V2 Updates
- Stability and performance improvements for SSA: retry logic, removing redundant requests, detecting various appearance stuck conditions.
- Code cleanup - removed a lot of code related to the old client-side baking framework.
- Bug fixes, mostly appearance-related.
- Support for AISv3. AISv3 improvements are mostly related to improving the reliability of outfit changes, so the speed should improve and the failure rate should drop even further once both the viewer and server components have been released. The AISv3 code is currently on Bluesteel RC.
- MAINT-3827 crash in KDU texture decoding, likely out of memory
- MAINT-4009 Investigate and address memory leaks in the viewer
- MAINT-4069 [griefing] "<icon>" is parsed in URL and body of llLoadURL dialogs
- MAINT-4070 <icon> is parsed in chat, displays images in background chat console, invisible in chat window
- MAINT-4077 Windows 7 OS error during closing the viewer
- MAINT-4093 "Confirm I want to teleport via SLAPP" notification does not show on Memplugs RC
- MAINT-4106 Crash on exit in LLFrameTimer::getElapsedTimeF32()
- MAINT-4114 Newly purchased items in the inventory is not marked with a "New" label
- MAINT-4158 Avatar distorted when changing outfits
- SH-2728 pants becoming "high waters"
- SH-3455 Cleanup - remove temporary/old baked texture pipeline code from viewer once new homogenous grid is deployed
- SH-3635 Investigate un-sticking outfit changes after a copy or link failure
- SH-3652 Morph mask edits not visible to others after relog
- SH-3860 New account created (from sl registration) with first login on sunshine region shows as cloud to others and grey to self
- SH-3875 Failure to bake face wrinkles on texture-less skins - *Clone of SUN-17*
- SH-3889 shining Editing wearable causes it to appear unworn in Inventory.
- SH-3895 LLInventoryModelFetchDescendentsResponder error after moving from non-SB region to SB region
- SH-3943 Beard morph masks applied inconsistently on login to server bake region
- SH-3944 Merge CHUI code to sunshine-internal
- SH-3959 Make sure baked textures cache and load from cache correctly.
- SH-4010 CLONE - Shaped System "Pants" Don't Display Properly with SSB.
- SH-4027 Manage code pushes to third party viewers
- SH-4030 Review image extension/partial loading logic for SB textures.
- SH-4035 Prompt user to save the current state of outfit when Appearance window is closed
- SH-4046 updates are sent to observers while editing avatar on a SLS region
- SH-4048 Avatar sinks into ground while editing pants color.
- SH-4050 camera points at the sky when Hover is set to 0 on a SLS region
- SH-4060 Setting hover to a low value causes it to be set to an even lower value.
- SH-4061 Review missing image logic for server bakes
- SH-4104 x button on Inventory window does not close Inventory
- SH-4106 Sunshine needs some better HttpHeaders handling ASAP
- SH-4108 Outfit 'req' does not update.
- SH-4109 height for macro avatar is different on SB and non-SB regions
- SH-4116 Initial viewer work for AIS V3
- SH-4123 'req' is incorrect if one outfit change was saved and one change abandoned.
- SH-4124 Closing Appearance without saving should close whatever wearable was being edited.
- SH-4128 Remove inventory links during outfit change using AISv3 (when available)
- SH-4137 use callback-based remove_inventory_item() for non-cof calls to purgeObject() where applicable.
- SH-4140 Cof mismatch errors shown for new users logging into sunshine region and changing outfits
- SH-4142 Crash when changing outfits
- SH-4144 (revisit AISv3 debug setting once sim takes over managing enablement) multiple wearables appear in COF when link deletion requests are 404s
- SH-4146 petite avatars cannot touch the ground because their default hover is too high.
- SH-4147 Macro avatars with Hover = 0 look incorrect on SLS region after relog
- SH-4154 Inventory - validity check for LLInventoryModel
- SH-4155 Inventory - Update LLInventoryModel based on LLSD returned by AISv3 - item/category removal operations
- SH-4160 Inventory - Review observers for changes needed to support AISv3
- SH-4166 Viewer support for COF slammer.
- SH-4168 Inventory: Loading... Loading... shown on folders moved into trash with AIS V3 debug setting enabled on Uma
- SH-4171 Avatar bounces after changing Hover height
- SH-4175 Investigate - 404 errors on delete and RequestAgentUpdateAppearanceResponder error when changing outfits quickly
- SH-4176 cof_mismatch errors and 1 minute delay in outfit change resolution on Destination Island 8 on Agni
- SH-4197 Update inventory model based on deleted items returned by response
- SH-4200 Handle 503 errors, retry requests
- SH-4207 Update description field (used for outfit ordering) via AIS
- SH-4216 Extend item update
- SH-4221 sunshine: the viewer must be quit twice
- SH-4222 sunshine: CoF mismatch again
- SH-4226 Dragging the petite outfit onto my AV gives appearance responder errors.
- SH-4234 "Unsaved Changes" may have changed
- SH-4237 onAISUpdateReceived: unrecognized embedded field item Warning on AIS V3 regions when changing outfits
- SH-4238 Viewer unresponsive after SlamFolderCommand is called with a large # of wearables
- SH-4240 Users can set their hover height to 0 even if the UI does not allow it.
- SH-4243 Save As outfit in Appearance editor floater does not always update the outfit you are shown as wearing or gives inventory error
- SH-4250 Investigate/fix texture loading issues in testylvania and elsewhere
- SH-4262 Reordering newly created clothing items does not update in appearance editor clothing list
- SH-4263 Cannot get wearable Warning given when creating new clothing items in appearance editing mode
- SH-4274 Update viewer to send regionhandshakeresponse flags
- SH-4275 outfit wearable changes are broadcast before outfit edit mode is exited
- SH-4300 Outfit ordering fixes
- SH-4304 Viewer support for copy from inventory
- SH-4305 Use COF-slammer for saving outfits as well as updating COF
- SH-4319 Looking for host-bake images on server-bake servers
- SH-4321 Shape deformed after switching from strangling avatar to default avatar
- SH-4333 Viewer support for category patch
- SH-4344 Make findCategoryUUIDForType() deterministic if multiple candidate folders exist
- SH-4401 Outfits to observers not correct on Uma server bake regions
- SH-4422 Check whether s-i is over-requesting bakes
- SH-4455 Update LLWearableHoldingPattern metrics, remove redundant work.
- SH-4456 Add tag for viewer version string in viewer appearance metrics
- SH-4458 CLONE - Pant flares rendering as tights after SSA rollout, and prim attachments dissapearing
- SH-4470 AIS V3 Renaming or editing clothing items in appearance editor gives 400 httpFailure error
- SH-4548 QA - test that changes to avatar physics wearables are propagated to other observers
- SH-4571 New user first logging into with Sunshine Internal has no avatar selected when logging into Viewer Release
- SH-4572 Changing clothing parameters do not take effect in Edit Appearance editor in Sunshine Internal
- SH-4578 Could not put on outfit notification given when logging into Sunshine Internal on Agni for first time with Brunelle Laval
- SH-4586 More frequent COF mismatch errors in s-i
- SH-4595 Fix UDP-dependent inventory observers
- SH-4621 Inventory accounting error on first-time login
- SH-4625 LLInventoryModel::validate: Found locks on some categories error given on login
- SH-4664 AIS V3: Notecard is opened when wearing a folder containing a notecard
- SH-4666 Normal and Specular textures are not visible after a relog
- MAINT-4158 Avatar distorted when changing outfits
- MAINT-809 [PUBLIC]Setting 16x antialiasing crashes Viewer in Ubuntu 11.10 with GeForce 6600
- MAINT-3200 WL Haze effects are inconsistent between solid and transparent objects under water.
- MAINT-3197 Rigged alpha attachments don't render for impostors.
- MAINT-3198 Legacy bumpiness renders funny on HUD faces with custom alpha mode
- MAINT-3213 Brightness and Darkness legacy bump maps render incorrectly on Intel GPUs.
- WEB-4659 Direct Delivery Outbox fails in Linux build