Release Notes for v3.8.3 (304090) - Second Life Viewer
Second Life Release Viewer version 184.108.40.2064090
Released on August 06, 2015.
- [ Windows | Macintosh | Linux]
In this viewer we've modified the importer to (optionally) improve debug output, perform name-based LOD association, and handle models with many materials.
Using these new features, models with more than 8 unique faces can be imported. Gone are the days of importing complicated meshes in pieces with "some assembly required".
At import, these models are automatically split into pieces so that each satisfy the current face limits for a volume.
- The same limitations on LODs and materials remain in place (e.g. your low LOD mesh materials must be a subset of the full LOD materials).
- LODs and Physics reps can now be explicitly associated with a given mesh in the full LOD model using name-based matching.
- By properly naming the meshes in your lower LOD meshes and physics reps, you can avoid issues with ordering of the meshes within your DCC tool and other material mismatching errors.
- An ImporterDebug option has been added to the settings.xml file which, if enabled, causes more information to be output during import than you can shake a stick at. The extra output can be very helpful for diagnosing authoring errors (e.g. violating the material subset constraints mentioned above) and pinpoint what needs to be fixed in the source model for successful import.
- MAINT-3818 Certain dae files that used to display skin weights successfully now crash when ticking skin weights in model preview on ALL viewers
- MAINT-4400 new Mesh importer reports many 'MAV_FOUND_DEGENERATE_TRIANGLES' warnings
- MAINT-4405 ImporterDebug debug setting is missing from loader mods viewer
- MAINT-4470 viewer crash in LLModel::isMaterialListSubset
- MAINT-4483 Mesh uploader allows Low LODs to have more triangles than High LODs
- MAINT-4487 [loader mods] triangle limits from .slm are ignored when uploading the model the second time.
- MAINT-4495 crash when uploading mesh lod files with non-matching object names.
- MAINT-4502 [loader mods] large scale model cannot be uploaded
- MAINT-4504 [loader mods] creating a mesh from disparate models no longer works
- MAINT-4515 [loader mods] viewer crashed when uploading a large mesh
- MAINT-4533 [loader mods] viewer crash when uploading shiprigging88b.dae
- MAINT-4538 [loader mods] name based matching doesn't stop misnamed models from uploading.
- MAINT-4542 [loader mods] viewer does not display error when Material is not a subset of reference model.
- MAINT-4631 [loader mods] door model is missing triangles when uploaded.
- MAINT-4632 [loader mods] teamcity linux build fails
- MAINT-4794 Present informative dialog if mesh upload fails due to specific reason
- MAINT-4796 Crash in LLModelLoader::loadFromSLM when uploading mesh that had preexisting .SLM from newer viewer
- MAINT-4806 Error appear when trying to upload models with more than 8 unique faces
- MAINT-4813 Error "failed to upload: MAV_BLOCK_MISSING" appears when try to upload a large mesh
- MAINT-4846 Uploading second time using .slm creates a wrong model representation.
- MAINT-4863 [Project-Importer] Uploading a certain dae crashes the Project-Importer viewer - does not crash default release.
- MAINT-4871 [Project-Importer] Multi Mesh DAE fails to upload correctly
- MAINT-4882 Mesh complex model upload with .slm uses different default model name
- MAINT-4912 Mesh complex model upload with .slm results in different model linkset highlights
- MAINT-4915 [loader mods] Incorrect error description in case of VERTEX_NUMBER_OVERFLOW
- MAINT-4982 [Project-Importer] Multi-Material Mesh Issues
- MAINT-4983 Mesh upload of large model ryoma 3d loads indefinitely
- MAINT-4998 [Project-Importer] Viewer crash if mesh upload is cancelled before model is initially loaded
- MAINT-5112 [Project-Importer] LoadFromFile in lower LOD slots fails [v2]
- MAINT-5114 [Project-Importer] LOD files following new naming cannot be uploaded on their own.
- MAINT-5115 [Project-Importer] Materials with > 21844 triangles cause chaos in models with > 8 materials.
- MAINT-5209 Cannot upload some models with high level of detail
- MAINT-5214 physics layer isn't shown in the Preview Window while uploading model
- MAINT-5215 Mesh importer model name input should limit to 63 characters
- MAINT-5216 Error appears when trying to upload the model "instance test.dae"