Release Notes for v5.0.0 (321958) - Second Life Viewer
Please see the Known Issues
for important information and limitations.
Second Life Release Viewer version 184.108.40.2061958
Released on December 01, 2016.
- [ Windows | Macintosh | Linux]
This release viewer build brings you the new extended avatar skeleton ("Project Bento"). This means that you will now be able to use avatars that take advantage of a greatly expanded set of joints, including:
- additional joints along the spine
- many additional bones in the face to support complex facial expressions
- bones in the hands to allow fully poseable fingers
- support for new limbs including a pair of wings and an additional pair of hind limbs
- bones to support tail movement
More information about the specific bones added is available at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/BentoSkeletonGuide
This viewer also adds a new "Reset Skeleton" feature which can be useful to repair avatars that become distorted. This can be found in the right-click menu for any avatar.
Please let us know of any questions or problems as soon as possible, either by filing a bug report or discussing in the forum thread at https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Building-and-Texturing-Forum/Project-Bento-Feedback-Thread/m-p/2987290#M13915
- MAINT-1211 Female Avatar Torso Muscles Bug
- MAINT-3745 As pectoral bones scaled down from 50-0, position skews right.
- MAINT-5671 Cathy Foil's Tentacles folded over on coyot's avatar
- MAINT-6380 Right-clicking some avatar meshes causes avatar to jump skyward temporarily
- MAINT-6484 [ Bento ] Updates to worn, rigged attachments may avatar vertical position
- MAINT-6491 [BENTO] Bento Skeleton: When I change the position of the wing bones, they move farther for the male shape than they do for the female shape.
- MAINT-6631 [BENTO] Animated volume bones resetting on Bento Viewer
- MAINT-6647 Change default .SLM setting when uploading
- MAINT-6672 [BENTO] Viewer crashes when resetting skeleton - ERROR: LLJoint::setJointNum: joint_num 214 + 2 is too large for 216
- MAINT-6814 [BENTO] Werewolf avatar is deformed on Bento viewers only
- MAINT-6841 Some existing mesh assets broken in Bento ([Haste])
- MAINT-6853 [ Bento ] Viewer crash when checking preview box for skin weights
- MAINT-6913 [BENTO] [MAC] On Mac systems, any textures containing alpha are invisible on all rigged mesh when shadows are enabled.
- MAINT-6915 [BENTO] Reset Skeleton is not enough to remove all traces of a previous Bento avatar
- MAINT-6971 [Bento] Different LOD's behaving strangely in mesh preview.
- SL-117 Define and implement extended skeleton
- SL-202 Mesh rigging fails when joint offsets are combined with fitted mesh
- SL-216 [Bento] tentacle attachment has stray triangles
- SL-220 rendering vertices shooting toward region origin 0,0,0 on a Mac
- SL-221 Viewer crash when previewing a mesh in the mesh uploader
- SL-250 Intermittent graphics glitch with skinned meshes
- SL-252 Crash in Mac Bento viewer 306860 in upload-model floater
- SL-255 Mesh upload display skin weights checkbox has reversed sense
- SL-263 Crash in upload preview when show skinning weights, and unknown joint referenced
- SL-266 Mesh upload - skin weight and joint offset checkboxes not enabled correctly when multiple meshes per model file.
- SL-268 Distorted graphics in mesh uploader when previewing skin weights
- SL-276 (PV) Finalize skeleton.xml file, remove variants
- SL-282 BVH files using joint names that match internal names look correct on Bento, broken on Release.
- SL-285 Animation upload preview does not allow replacing "hip" joint with internal name "mPelvis".
- SL-287 Spine joints crash viewer or cause distorted default avatar
- SL-289 Bento avatars stretch to horizon when Enhanced skeleton is disabled. (old Macs)
- SL-290 base bone rigging is disabled when Enhanced skeleton is disabled.
- SL-292 [Bento] Scripted attachments attached to the new enhanced skeleton attachment points show as worn on "Invalid Attachment Point" in the script limits floater
- SL-297 Joint positions upload distorting bones that have not been edited.
- SL-299 [Bento] A formal method of bone-translating animations is vital for the creation of proper facial expressions.
- SL-301 "mFaceoseRight" in avatar_lad.xml
- SL-302 [Project Bento] Bento Project viewer lacks MAINT 220.127.116.118556 Mesh fixes
- SL-306 Animation Issues - new bone positions don't reset, freeze and ease
- SL-310 (defer?) The BVH importer's preview does not show the new bones
- SL-314 bvh from Cathy Foil crashes Bento viewer
- SL-315 [AGNI] Mesh joint positions are not set reliably (reset skeleton)
- SL-317 [BENTO] Trouble uploading custom rig to BentoExperimental1
- SL-318 Support translations in bvh upload
- SL-319 Reduce restrictions on joints required for uploaded mesh
- SL-333 Animating attachment points causes out of range array access in LLMotion
- SL-338 Backend should reject old-format animations
- SL-341 Joint debugging updates requested by content creators
- SL-343 Remove restrictions on partial joint pos overrides
- SL-344 [AGNI] Finalize avatar_lad.xml
- SL-352 [Bento] Incorrect display of legacy rigged content.
- SL-355 [BENTO] Viewer always crashes when right clicking certain rigged meshes - ERROR: LLVolumeOctreeRebound::visit: Empty leaf
- SL-361 Button "Clear History" overlaps lower checkbox, in Preferences.
- SL-363 From Gaia - additional lad file content
- SL-365 Add hind limb sliders to match corresponding leg joints
- SL-366 Mesh Upload - preview skin weights bug
- SL-368 Remove the Enhanced skeleton option from Preferences
- SL-371 Issue with partial joint position overrides in meshes
- SL-372 Mesh upload fails to capture joint info if model has multiple skeleton roots
- SL-373 Proposal to add mGroin support to the package slider
- SL-374 Apply joint position overrides during slider-based modifications
- SL-375 Allow per-joint determination of whether to apply a joint offset
- SL-378 Add import UI or at least log message feedback to show which joints have pos overrides defined.
- SL-386 [AGNI] Final slider changes for Agni release
- SL-395 Add support for scale overrides in mesh (Slider scale changes can produce undesired changes for portable attachments)
- SL-398 [BENTO] System Eyelashes Don't Follow Sliders
- SL-399 Avatar flickers vertically during blink
- SL-402 [Bento] When wearing a Bento avatar, observers see your hover height lower then you see it yourself.
- SL-424 Proposed skeleton/slider fixes
- SL-426 [Bento] Left and right pec attachment points say "MissingString..."
- SL-427 [BENTO] Z-Offset not applying correctly & camera tied to Z-offset.
- SL-431 [BENTO] facial bone joint offset issues
- SL-433 Mesh eye scales incorrect with latest PV build
- SL-436 viewer should crash when a joint name is incorrect in avatar_lad.xml
- SL-442 Update "Show Bones" display to indicate presence of joint offsets
- SL-451 Allegations of high overhead in getJoint()
- SL-455 Proposed slider fixes
- SL-473 Possible bento-specific crash (RC2)
- SL-504 Crash in addAttachmentOverridesForObject()
- SL-524 Reset Skeleton does not reset collision volume joint positions
- SL-534 [Bento] Continually growing mGroin bone with female shape, package set to 0
- SL-540 Puppy Paws distorted in preview, sometimes in regular rendering
- BUG-10447 Unable to see group members belonging to any group role in the Roles tab until you switch to the Members tab and back to Roles tab.