Release Notes for v5.0.7 (327710) - Second Life Viewer
Second Life Release Viewer version 220.127.116.117710
Released on July 19, 2017.
- [ Windows | Macintosh | Linux]
Maintenance: Margarita is like a blender full of ice and goodness.
Shaker of assorted bugfixes:
- Various weird regressions when the install path is unicode
- UI fix to not make it seem like anyone can change estate access settings (no one could, but the viewer didn’t reflect that.
- Crash fixes (Accordion tab in outfits, Changing outfits - thanks Cinder!, Saving snapshot, saving texture to desktop or inventory - thanks Sovereign Engineer!, Highlighting an item with SLURL, unpackVolumeFaces and other memory allocation, receiving unrecognized messages)
- UI fix to synch right-click menus in Conversations
- Fix for keyboard focus
- Fix for freezing in About Second Life
- Fix for slurl appearing instead of avatar name in chat.
- URLs in group name won’t be clickable anymore.
- You can Spin and Lift your objects all at the same time now!
- Annoying selection bug in Group abilities is fixed now.
- Teleport routing override via “Create Landmark” had been broken by recent changes, and we unbroke it now. Didn’t know this was a thing? That’s why you should read release notes!
Other concoctions to help you hang on:
- Permission request notification is now sticking around until you take action on it.
- When your disk was too full to save a snapshot, we would save an empty one. Now we tell you that your disk is full and you need to clean up.
- Images were showing improper proportions when unconstrained. Propriety restored.
- Images opened from inventory would sometimes not load completely. That’s silly and fixed.
- Updated viewer login failure message with more accurate info on contacting support.
- Localization update
Changes to make sure getting Wasted away is intentional:
- Fix for number of items in Trash calculation
- Trash is full floater wasn’t showing in some conditions when it should have been. It will do as it should now.
- Fix for when Trash version gets out of synch
- A delete warning will now show up once every session to cut down on accidents
- Trash purge message will include number of items deleted
- Added a warning when deleting filtered content - thanks Kitty Barnett!
- MAINT-1094 after triggering a menu with control-F10, clicking in-world should move keyboard focus in-world
- MAINT-1139 [crashhunters] Windows crash on Saving snapshot
- MAINT-1614 Object is changed its position inworld but value of position in Edit tool was not changed after object was returned from parcel with disabled object entry
- MAINT-2060 Double Freeze when clicking on Help>About Second Life
- MAINT-2585 FEATURE REQUEST: Make permission request notifications permanent until action taken
- MAINT-321 [PUBLIC]If Spin option is turned on, user cannot lift an object using Ctrl button + Mouse
- MAINT-4375 Viewer saves an empty snapshots if disk is full
- MAINT-5 [PUBLIC]URL-named group's name displayed as a HTTP link in dialog window and notifications
- MAINT-5100 Unicode install path - missing sky files error at login
- MAINT-5101 Unicode install path - Atmospheric shaders render scene black
- MAINT-5102 Unicode install path - Basic Shaders cause a black sky and dark shadows
- MAINT-5103 unicode install path - without basic shaders sky is black, water is missing
- MAINT-6805 Right-click menus in the right and left panes of the Conversations windows are different
- MAINT-7185 The new feature Preferences>Uploads localized partly in the Viewer
- MAINT-731 [PUBLIC]Images Do Not Show at Proper Proportions When Opened
- MAINT-7325 Images opened from Inventory occasionally fail to load completely
- MAINT-7383 Revise notification for Empty Trash / Purge trash action to include number of items being deleted.
- MAINT-7396 [JigglyPuff] Agent that is not estate owner or estate manager is able to toggle estate access settings.
- MAINT-7417 "Trash floater" is not shown when removing your own object inworld when above InventoryTrashMaxCapacity limit
- MAINT-7424 The number of items in the Trash is not calculated correctly if you delete a folder with several subfolders
- MAINT-7431 Crash in LLAccordionCtrlTab::showAndFocusHeader()
- MAINT-7434 SLURL instead of username appears in "...have said something new" text for some messages
- MAINT-7436 [viewer-neko] Crash occurs when trying to highlight non-existent(or removed item) using SLURI
- MAINT-7438 Always allow 'create landmark' allows group teleport routing override, however was removed.
- MAINT-7443 Able to Block a user with Lastname Linden
- MAINT-7447 Selecting a group ability refreshes the list and deselects your choice
- MAINT-7455 Update Viewer Login error message
- MAINT-7456 During the uninstall not English viewer two Message boxes appear with empty message areas
- MAINT-7458 Release notes opens every time after any problem with logining. Until viewer will be relaunched.
- MAINT-7459 [JigglyPuff] 'Parcel owners can be more restrictive' checkbox has focus for not EO or EM account
- MAINT-7461 Images do not show at proper proportions when first opened
- MAINT-7477 [viewer-neko] Viewer crashes when saving snapshot to disk and closing file picker window
- MAINT-7478 "initCommitCallback: No callback" Log spam
- MAINT-7482 Viewer should not crash on receipt of unrecognized messages
- MAINT-7483 Can only drag a folder into object contents if the folder was created ~ less then 24hours ago.
- MAINT-7488 [Windows] Viewer crashes when pasting empty string from clipboard
- MAINT-7489 Viewer may silently empty trash without the users request under obscure inventory folder states
- MAINT-7491 "Remove from current outfit" option is missing for all system folders including COF
- MAINT-7507 When assigning abilities to a group role, ticking "Manage ban list" causes other selected abilities to untick
- MAINT-7592 Update ToS agreement text
- MAINT-7607 [CRASH] Viewer crashes when double clicking on scroll bar arrow in Outfit Gallery tab
- STORM-2144 Fix crash when LLPanelOutfitEdit::onOutfitChanging(bool) is called before panel is built
- STORM-2148 Crash on trying to save texture file(s) to computer from inventory
- STORM-2149 Add a warning notification when deleting a folder of filtered content.