Release Notes for v5.0.9 (329906) - Second Life Viewer
Second Life Release Viewer version 188.8.131.529906
Released on November 17, 2017.
- [ Windows | Macintosh | Linux]
Maintenance: Martini - Shaken and not stirred
According to Wikipedia, The martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth, and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist. Over the years, the martini has become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic beverages. H. L. Mencken called the martini "the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet" and E. B. White called it "the elixir of quietude".
- We know that when you block someone, you really don’t want to hear from them. So now, even if they pay you, the accompanying message will not be displayed.
- Viewer-side changes to support only sending Offline IM to email for accounts with Verified email address.
- Why sit in front of a blank teleport screen? Read the Message of the Day instead! Because now we’ll actually show it on teleport.
- Inventory floater -> Recent tab -> Search -> link will now open Search Filters for Inventory.
- No more unlisting active Marketplace listings before the inventory is fully fetched. What a bad idea that was.
- Marketplace listings that are cached will actually load from cache instead of constantly fetching.
Inventory / Appearance / Outfits
- Detaching worn items isn’t gonna make Inventory jump anymore. Sit still, inventory.
- Save a screenshot -> Save As -> pick the name, not have one assigned to you.
- Avatar physics will now be more consistent regardless of framerates.
- Notecards inside notecards with full perms are back to being copyable… it’s turtles all the way down.
- Assigning snapshot to Outfit had a bug that’s now gone.
- Quick fix to light projector
- Fixed Ping interpolate object position. Ready, aim, fire!
- Unbroke Materials texture selection
- When editing a prim, the “Use Texture” option will not appear where it’s not wanted.
Logging in and going places
- Maps link wasn’t setting the start location in the viewer sometimes. Go where you’re told, viewer!
- When we tell you it’s time to update, the download link will open in an external browser.
Stability & Performance
- Fixes and crash fixes in texture cache, memory allocation, rendering.
- Crash fixes in LLScriptFloaterManager, LLGroupMgr, LLProfile, LLEventPump
Assorted UI fixes
- Chat history will display again for all groups, regardless of their name.
- High-rez screens will no longer have hard-to-catch cursor targets
- Sometimes, a floater would drift (float, even) across logins, but will now stay put.
- Minor UI fixes and regressions (Appearance floater, TOS floater, Delete confirmation toast)
- Translations update.
- MAINT-1013 [PUBLIC]Changing YieldTime shows effects only after restarting
- MAINT-1114 [crashhunters] crash at LLVOAvatar::updateGeometry(LLDrawable *)
- MAINT-1208 'Save as' screenshot dialog doesn't allow to save screenshot without automatically adding number to name of file
- MAINT-1209 Light projector does not revert to a simple light when texture is set to none
- MAINT-2161 Error: Dae parsing issue - see log for details.
- MAINT-5261 The "Ping Interpolate the object position" seems to no longer work
- MAINT-7081 [Project Alex Ivy] Viewer frequently crashes after "WARNING: #TextureLLTextureFetchWorker::doWork: Partial HTTP response produces break in image data for texture 8b84af08-bdd9-03a0-9d3d-4d2e320fc2bf. Aborting load."
- MAINT-7228 LLVertexBuffer::mapVertexBuffer: memory allocation for vertex data failed.
- MAINT-7254 Read the email verified flag from simhost
- MAINT-7255 UserInfo family of messages now provided by caps
- MAINT-7468 When email is_verified flag false show link
- MAINT-7592 Update ToS agreement text
- MAINT-7611 Chat history does not display in the conversation log for groups that have a leading space in their name
- MAINT-7666 [CEF] mouse cursor target is offset on login screen for high resolution screens
- MAINT-7779 Crash in LLTextureCacheRemoteWorker::doWrite()
- MAINT-7790 Delete confirmation toast: checkbox is aligned to bottom
- MAINT-7801 "Take a snapshot" fails to assign new snapshot for Outfit if default folder for uploads was changed
- MAINT-7811 The Use Texture option appears when selecting a prim with no spec map(s) applied after previously selecting a prim that had spec map(s) applied.
- MAINT-7820 Crash in LLEventPump
- MAINT-7822 Crash in LLScriptFloaterManager()
- MAINT-7824 Note cards will fullperms inside other notecards with full perms refuse to copy into inventory when being looked at inside an object.
- MAINT-7835 Start location is not changed correctly via 'maps.secondlife.com' link in some cases
- MAINT-7846 The link in the required update modal should open the download web page in external browser.
- MAINT-7862 Crash in LLGroupMgr::sendGroupTitlesRequest(..)
- MAINT-7863 Log in Inventory Fetch takes 10 minutes, missing MP listings and items, MP error check causes crash.
- MAINT-7871 Blocked residents can pay 1L$ to Blocker and use pay message to avoid block
- MAINT-7882 Crash in LLVOAvatar::logMetricsTimerRecord(...)
- MAINT-7890 Floater position drifts across logins after snapping to another floater
- MAINT-7892 Show MOTD on teleport
- MAINT-7895 LLTextureCache::setHeaderCacheEntry() infinite loop
- MAINT-7899 Apparent broken material texture selection
- MAINT-7902 Opening Marketplace Listing folder before inventory has fully fetched unlists active Marketplace listings
- MAINT-7905 [Martini] Boobs constantly twitch/vibrate when wearing avatar physics on Viewer Neko
- MAINT-7906 Inventory jumps when detaching worn items in appearance panel
- MAINT-7910 MAINT-6770 regressed in Moonshine - Appearance floater's chosen tab is not remembered between sessions.
- MAINT-7929 [Martini] Crashes in LLTextureCache::writeToCache()
- MAINT-7930 [Martini] Crash in LLTextureCacheRemoteWorker::doWrite()
- MAINT-7961 Search link in Recent tab of Inventory should open the Search filters for Inventory
- MAINT-7966 Second Life viewer logs session ID in SecondLife.log
- MAINT-7974 Crash in LLProfile::~LLProfile()
- MAINT-7978 Allocation failure crash in LLTextureCacheRemoteWorker::doRead()
- MAINT-7979 Crashbrowser displays only 'STATE_FIRST' in STARTUP_STATE column
- MAINT-989 [PUBLIC]Avatar Physics Vary Extremely With Different Framerates