Release Notes for v5.1.0 (508209) - Second Life Viewer
This release rebuilds the viewer using 64bit address space. It is our hope that this will improve viewer stability, allow you to use more of the memory in your system (if you have more than 4GB), and possibly also improve performance.
There is no Linux viewer yet.
However, there are two Windows viewers, a 32-bit build and a 64-bit build.
- If you use an HD 2000 or 3000 series video card on Windows 10, choose 32 bit
- Otherwise, choose the one that matches your copy of Windows (if your computer can run 64bit, and most can, you will get better performance and fewer crashes running a 64 bit Windows and Viewer).
If you chose the wrong one, the viewer will upgrade you again the first time you run it to the correct one (if you think it made the wrong choice, please file a bug in jira). This build further refines the determination of what is "the best" platform for your system.
The Mac build does not support 32-bit Macs (this is permanent)
- Video media (QuickTime) usually does not play (the media handling is now the same as the Windows viewer).
- The volume of web based media (e.g. YouTube) doesn't change based on your distance from the source.
- MAINT-4532 [Win10] Windows 10 improperly displays as Windows 8.1
- MAINT-4744 Update Mac viewer to libc++ instead of libstdc++
- MAINT-5365 Windows viewer uninstall icon is system default not SL logo
- MAINT-6116 On CEF viewers, the console window that opens on top of the world view should be hidden.
- MAINT-6379 Remove support for RC4 from Mac internal browser
- MAINT-6925 [VMP] Viewer 188.8.131.521604 infected
- MAINT-6926 [VMP] Launcher throws exception when it can't create a log file.
- MAINT-6928 [VMP] Viewer 184.108.40.2063871 doesn't start on macOS with Python 2.6.6
- MAINT-6950 [Windows] Shared media a great distance away (different region even) sometimes plays at maximum volume when entering a region or moving camera slightly.
- MAINT-6995 [Project Alex Ivy] Changing login location at the login screen crashes the viewer
- MAINT-6996 [Project Alex Ivy] Viewer memory use is reported incorrectly once memory use goes over ~ 4GB
- MAINT-6997 [Project Alex Ivy] Persistant crash just after login right after "Making dummy class LLPanel named "gallery_panel" in outfit_gallery_tab"
- MAINT-6998 [Project Alex Ivy] 64bit viewer installs to Program Files (x86) by default.
- MAINT-7027 Mac 64bit viewer code signing failed
- MAINT-7038 [64 bit] mac viewer sends wrong info to updater service
- MAINT-7044 64bit viewer always runs with console window in Win OS
- MAINT-7045 Calculate weights & fee button grayed out in Upload Model floater on OS X
- MAINT-7046 Call stacks not available for 'Project Alex Ivy viewer' crash
- MAINT-7047 No information about 32bit or 64bit version of 'Project Alex Ivy' viewer in non-English locales
- MAINT-7054 [Project Alex Ivy] Viewer Crashed when I used Japanese IM.
- MAINT-7080 [Project Alex Ivy] World view tinted blue when ALM is disabled after update to Nvidia driver 378.49 on any 64bit viewer
- MAINT-7130 [Project Alex Ivy] Viewer-220.127.116.112616 Shows Extra debug Info in Licenses Tab of About Second Life floater.
- MAINT-7131 [Alex Ivy] Unable to start the x64 Viewer on Windows 8.1 x64
- MAINT-7177 [Alex Ivy] crash on exit
- MAINT-7192 Put platform fetch logic into VMP
- MAINT-7201 [Project Alex Ivy] Can't change an avatar via "Avatar" window on the left toolbar
- MAINT-7202 [Project Alex Ivy]Unable to use Login page web content destinations to log to it.
- MAINT-7203 [Project Alex Ivy]Viewer does not connect to the Facebook
- MAINT-7220 [Project Alex Ivy] Windows Error Message 'SLPlugin.exe has stopped working ' appears.
- MAINT-7222 [Project Alex Ivy] 32bit Installer filename should include "x86" and the 64bit Installer filename should not.
- MAINT-7227 [Project Alex Ivy] Drop down lists do not close after use in internal web browser
- MAINT-7230 [Project Alex Ivy] internal browser loads jira then asks for password
- MAINT-7236 [Alex Ivy] Web content does not always respect UI Size preference
- MAINT-7242 Update viewer64 to KDU 7.9.1
- MAINT-7278 [VMP] Unable to update Second Life Project Alex Ivy 18.104.22.1683871 (64bit)
- MAINT-7279 [VMP] Windows viewer icon is without SL logo
- MAINT-7282 [VMP] needs to install the requests module if needed on POSIX systems
- MAINT-7294 [VMP] needs to read the filename from summary.json, not the directory name, on Windows.
- MAINT-7312 [Project Alex Ivy] External web links opened in profile window
- MAINT-7348 Viewer never starts on Mac (22.214.171.1244519)
- MAINT-7352 [Project Alex Ivy] Viewer hangs in benchmarking for Intel HD & Intel HD 4000 cards on Win10 64bit
- MAINT-7360 Investigate removal of MSVCR100.DLL and MSVCP100.DLL
- MAINT-7366 Unable to mute or change volume of youtube sounds Media on a prim - YouTube
- MAINT-7430 [VMP] Viewer attempts to contact VVM over https, but test VVM is returning a 404
- MAINT-7442 [VMP] "Check for Updates" item in the Help menu does not work
- MAINT-7474 [VVM] Saving edits on https://viewer-version-manager-admin.dev.secondlife.io returns MultiValueDictKeyError
- MAINT-7475 [VVM] Cannot add a New tip viewer
- MAINT-7505 [VMP] viewer will not start. llbase folder is empty.
- MAINT-7506 [VMP] build 506624 does not launch on Windows, AttributeError: 'SimpleRESTService' object has no attribute 'set_cert_authorities'
- MAINT-7513 [VMP] 32bit installer and viewer runs after clicking desktop icon
- MAINT-7514 [VMP] after a 32bit viewer is automatically downloaded and installed, the installer claims that version is already installed.
- MAINT-7515 [VMP] VMP Windows viewer has blank white desktop icon
- MAINT-7529 [VMP] Viewer should auto-start after update
- MAINT-7531 [Project Alex Ivy][Mac] Second comment with text "Write a comment..." appears, when user post comment to Profile Feed
- MAINT-7539 [VMP] SL_Launcher failed to start on win7 32bit it already has a 32 bit viewer.
- MAINT-7542 [VMP] 'Optional Update' window is shown the version of an already installed viewer
- MAINT-7550 [VMP] Mac updater should copy files to a new App / folder based on the build type of the viewer being installed.
- MAINT-7555 [VMP] SL_Launcher.exe processes stay running after quitting the viewer.
- MAINT-7557 [VMP] Repeatedly prompted to download a new version of Alex Ivy RC
- MAINT-7558 [VMP] SL_Launcher.exe downloads 32bit based only on Intel HD though 64bit capable Nvidia GPU also present
- MAINT-7559 [VMP] Windows - Slow start time
- MAINT-7579 [VMP] 32bit to 64bit upgrade on 64bit OS fails with a python error
- MAINT-7592 Update ToS agreement text
- MAINT-7605 [VMP] Mac source viewer starts after user elects to install optional target viewer.
- MAINT-7620 Downloaded target viewer doesn't overwrite source viewer performing UPDATER TESTING Part III for OSX for Second Life Release 126.96.36.1997386 (64bit)
- MAINT-7640 [Alex Ivy] When login is blocked due to required update, the viewer must notify the user
- MAINT-7641 Detect when the viewer is launched directly and warn the user
- MAINT-7658 [VMP] Win32_VideoController query returned = -2146959355
- MAINT-7661 [VMP] Windows source viewer starts after user elects to install optional target viewer in the same channel.
- MAINT-7742 Mac SL_Launcher should invoke the new .app, not its embedded viewer
- MAINT-7748 NSIS installer leaves a "nsis.winstall" file after intalling a viewer.
- SL-323 [VMP] Move update checking, download, and installation to the Viewer Manager Process
- SL-617 [VMP] SL_Launcher should not exit until the viewer does
- SL-619 Incorporate support for 64bit symbol dumps into the 64bit build process
- SL-620 Upgrade KDU to version v7_9
- SL-640 Fix keyboard code in macOS 64 bit CEF media plugin
- SL-641 Update CEF -> cef-bin -> Dullahan -> p64_3p-Dullahan -> media_plugin_cef.cpp to "latest" version
- SL-643 viewer_manifest.py still tried to copy the CEF file wow_helper.exe but it's no longer present
- SL-644 Add a guard to mCount in llrender.cpp
- SL-646 Fix ”LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/LTCG' specification” in LibVLC, JPEGLIB etc.
- SL-648 Extraneous compiler options output when building on Windows
- SL-649 Messages on macOS 64 version about libraries built for earlier version of macOS
- SL-653 Remove unused third party packages from autobuild
- SL-656 CEF Helper app (DullahanHelper.app) shows icon in dock on macOS
- SL-658 Use build settings from viewer-build-variables repo for p64_3p-dullahan
- SL-671 [VMP] Windows task bar icon is the Viewer, not the Viewer Manager or is sometimes not present at all.
- SL-702 Viewer Manager should be easily usable by TPVs
- SL-738 [VVM] Unable to load Channel page of Updater with 500 error
- SL-739 [VMP] If the system can run the 64bit viewer, it must run the 64bit viewer
- SL-740 [VVM] Add cohort page does not display fields *sometimes*
- SL-741 [VVM] Creating a new cohort returns a 500
- SL-746 [VMP] Uninstaller leaves SL_Launcher.exe entries in registry