Release Notes for v5.1.6 (515927) - Second Life Viewer
Pálinka is a traditional fruit brandy in Central Europe with origins from the Hungarian Carpathian Basin, known under several names, and invented in the Middle Ages. Protected as a geographical indication of the European Union, only fruit spirits mashed, distilled, matured and bottled in Hungary and similar apricot spirits from four provinces of Austria can be called "pálinka". Törkölypálinka, a different product in the legal sense, is a similarly protected pomace brandy that is commonly included with pálinka. While pálinka may be made of any locally grown fruit, the most common ones are plums, apricots, apples, pears, and cherries.
Similar products exist in the Czech Republic, Poland, and Slovakia known as Pálenka as well as in Romania under the name Pălincă.
More Effective Group Information
- Group chat notify toasts ignores IRC-like formatting
- Fields for new group notice disappears immediately after appearing
- "Share" checkbox becomes gray after sharing the object (no modify) for the group
- The 'You are being invited into the group's role: Officers.' text is shifted behind buttons in the 'Notifications' floater when an empty string is present in the group description
- Group notice edit field is missing inventory icon
- Group-floater invite description
- Group Role Permission "Eject Members from this Group" Is Poorly Described
- Group icon is broken on the Group tab in the Profile if select icon through 'Local'
- "Snapshot" is stuck and not responding after sending snapshot via e-mail
- Screenshot opens on full screen of the viewer
Various XUI and LOD Cleanup Work
- Viewer attempts to load file/mesh/LOD indefinetely in case of most failures
- Changing LOD slider in viewer to min makes LOD setting actually go to 0.
- Eliminate obsolete xui elements and xui related log warnings in people, gropus, outfits, tool floaters
- Eliminate xui related log warnings on startup and opening preferences
URLs Handled With Care
- HTTP/HTTPS URL in the object name is represented as a hyperlink across chat and сhat logs
- [Windows] Clicking a secondlife: URL gets you the update check
- Secure map links do not parse in chat: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/
- Add links to Place Pages in the viewer
More Crash Fixes
- Crash in LLVBOPool::allocate
- Crashes in LLMeshRepoThread::lodReceived()
- Crashes in mainWindowProc on exit/cleanup
- Crash fix in tattoo layer
- Crash in: LLFace::getGeometryVolume()
And various sundry other bug fixes we hope will make your Second Life better.
- MAINT-1421 "Show Memory" broken on Mac viewer
- MAINT-2929 Group Role Permission "Eject Members from this Group" Is Poorly Described
- MAINT-7533 Remove redundant call-home from NSIS installer
- MAINT-7626 Incorporate server fix for file transfers in the viewer
- MAINT-8109 [Mac] After viewer startup SL Launcher has focus instead of SL Viewer
- MAINT-8150 SL_Launcher fails to start when running through the command line with any parameters
- MAINT-8161 [OSX]'UnicodeDecodeError' Python exception when try to launch SL_Launcher from a folder like "æøåæøå"
- MAINT-8305 [Windows] Clicking a secondlife: URL gets you the update check
- MAINT-8397 Set Debug level logging as default for SL_Launcher.log
- MAINT-8414 Changing LOD slider in viewer to min makes LOD setting actually go to 0.
- MAINT-8415 Group chat notify toasts ignores IRC-like formatting
- MAINT-8428 [OSX] The 'Eyedropper' cursor is not shown in the world when selecting the 'Eyedropper' tool in the Inventory texture pick
- MAINT-8431 HTTP/HTTPS URL in the object name is represented as a hyperlink across chat and сhat logs
- MAINT-8453 The "Reload page" button is displayed for some time after opening media browser
- MAINT-8458 Fields for new group notice disappears immediately after appearing
- MAINT-8459 Favorite places are not shown in Location Bar history list
- MAINT-8469 group-floater invite description (fix inside)
- MAINT-8477 "Zoom" in build tab rotates around the avatar
- MAINT-8488 Favourite location list on login screen is not updated after pressing "Esc" key while in username field
- MAINT-8498 The 'Avatar has given you this object: item' offline offer does not come to the user when an invitation to friends was sent before sharing the item
- MAINT-8501 [MAC] Web window doesn't close using 'ESC' button on the Login page.
- MAINT-8518 Notifications.xml inconsistency / Referring to residents as "Players"
- MAINT-8531 Remove viewer UI which supports buying items out of task inventory
- MAINT-8532 The 'You are being invited into the group's role: Officers.' text is shifted behind buttons in the 'Notifications' floater when an empty string is present in the group description
- MAINT-8552 Secure map links do not parse in chat: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/
- MAINT-8553 Cannot copy a link or copy a folder containing a link in inventory
- MAINT-8595 [QA retest of MAINT-8200] - [64 bit] SL_launcher.exe fails with silent python error on system with wmic errors
- MAINT-8598 Incorrect context menu for sounds in task inventory
- MAINT-8616 Edit Tool often displays the wrong Creator and/or Owner of an object
- MAINT-8619 Group icon is broken on the Group tab in the Profile if select icon through 'Local'
- MAINT-8622 "Share" checkbox becomes gray after sharing the object (no modify) for the group
- MAINT-8628 Group notice edit field is missing inventory icon
- MAINT-8635 Confirmation dialog won't appear till next session if it was closed via 'Ctrl-Shift-W' (close all windows)
- MAINT-8649 CTRL+ALT+T does not make alpha masking textures visible
- MAINT-8669 User is able to "Add Friend" in context menu for user that already is friend
- MAINT-8674 Spam in logs "INFO: LLViewerObjectList::fetchObjectCostsCoro: No outstanding object IDs to request."
- MAINT-8675 llsechandler_basic integration test has expired cert
- MAINT-8687 Add a hotkey for Advanced > Set UI Size to Default
- MAINT-8694 Typo in logging
- MAINT-8700 [Win] The File dialog disconnects the viewer if you do not choose upload files within the first minute
- MAINT-8702 Uploading any item (Image/Model/Sound etc.) results in opening previous Item Profile instead of Inventory Floater
- MAINT-8712 Crashes in mainWindowProc on exit/cleanup
- MAINT-8714 Viewer duplicated ID nodes (found in viewer-lynx)
- SL-440 Viewer should use Abuse Report categories obtained from the simulator