Release Notes for v5.1.6 (515965) - Second Life Viewer
Second Life Release Viewer version 188.8.131.525965
Released on June 05, 2018.
- [ 32-bit Windows | ]
The Unloop Viewer Release is a special release just for Windows 32 bit systems who were caught in an endless loop of 64 bit viewer updates between 5/31/2018 and 6/1/2018. Except for its incremented build number, it is in every other way, identical to the last release. Love Me Render.
The Love Me Render Viewer Release represents a collection of work on the rendering pipeline, many in response to bugs and feature requests filed over the years. We always appreciate the diligent help of our residents in finding, filing, and sometimes fixing these - and following along with the development efforts.
Note: On Macs, we recommend deleting any existing Dock icon you have for the viewer, and recreating it by dragging the icon from the Applications folder to the Dock. *Do not* create a Dock icon by pinning one of the icons that appear when the viewer is running; those may cause signature verification errors when you try to use them to launch a new viewer. This will be fixed (and we'll be back to only one icon showing on the Dock) in a future fix release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Some Visible Highlights:
- Improvement - Agents that render as jelly dolls will now have their attachments render at 0 LoD to prevent loading higher LoD complexity in memory thus deterring crashes. This also fixed a particular animated tail which would reduce FPS to 4 then crash the viewer
- We now account for CTRL+0 zoom when mesh LOD is calculated
- Highlighting Changes Make Editing Mesh Objects Difficult
- Shared media (media as a texture) unusable with transparent mesh
- These two had a cage match. The result is: Wire selection mode - while Edit tool is selected & Outline selection mode - for all other cases
- Alpha masked textures would turn white on rigged mesh when viewed through the water surface: these will remain transparent now
- WindLight: Special overlays (including property lines and highlights for beacons) weren't visible in shader water
- Ribbon particles using textures containing alpha would flash white at certain camera angles. Ouch.
- Edit Rotation Rings were Occluded by Mesh Objects but aren’t anymore
- The presence of certain Avatars would stop local specular textures from "sticking". Yes really. That was such a fun bug.
- Cleared up issues with RenderAutoMuteByteLimit() versus worn legacy prims, sculpts and non-rigged mesh.
- LOD and Physics mesh stretching were occuring due to some weird behavior in the uploader.
- Setting one avatar to "Do not render" caused all avatars to become imposters. Thanks to Ansariel Hiller for the fix.
- Tile-Based Texture Animation Scaled Incorrectly for Rigged Mesh when worn on MacOS only
- A particular mesh avatar would deform constantly due to issues with LOD & bounding box calculations
- Upgraded KDU to version v7_A_4
- We got rid of media_plugin_libvlc error while trying open .mov format media
- MAINT-3178 [MAINTENANCE RC] Ribbon particles using textures containing alpha flash white at certain camera angles
- MAINT-3825 animated tail reduces FPS to 4 then crashes the viewer
- MAINT-47 [PUBLIC]WindLight: Special overlays (including property lines and hilights for beacons) aren't visible in shader water
- MAINT-5817 Upgrade KDU to version v7_A_4
- MAINT-6125 Mesh avatar deforms constantly
- MAINT-6437 Tile-Based Texture Animation Scales Incorrectly for Rigged Mesh when worn (MacOS only)
- MAINT-6645 Improvement - Agents that render as jelly dolls should have their attachments render at 0 LoD to prevent loading higher LoD complexity in memory thus deterring crashes.
- MAINT-6872 Account for CTRL+0 zoom when mesh LOD is calculated
- MAINT-6910 [MAINT-RC] Some mesh turns invisible when camera is moved on the Maint-RC viewer only - caused by fix for MAINT-6125.
- MAINT-6917 Setting one avatar to "Do not render" causes all avatars to become imposters
- MAINT-7058 Failure to copy Extents into new face when uploader creates new (secret) materials causes bounding box to include unit cube at origin, which may be outside uploaded geometry, causing incorrect LOD and physics mesh stretching.
- MAINT-7119 [Love Me Render] Issues with RenderAutoMuteByteLimit() versus worn legacy prims, sculpts and non-rigged mesh.
- MAINT-7213 Shared media (media as a texture) unusable with transparent mesh
- MAINT-7847 The presence of certain Avatars stops local specular textures from "sticking". Yes really.
- MAINT-7859 Call stacks is not available for 'Second Life Project Render'
- MAINT-7959 Update kakadu for remote code execution vulnerabilities
- MAINT-8031 [Win] media_plugin_libvlc error while trying open .mov format media
- MAINT-8348 [LOVE ME RENDER] Edit Rotation Rings Occluded by Mesh Objects
- MAINT-8355 Alpha masked textures turn white on rigged mesh when viewed through the water surface
- MAINT-8388 [LOVE ME RENDER] Highlighting Changes Make Editing Mesh Objects Difficult
- MAINT-8675 llsechandler_basic integration test has expired cert