Release Notes for v6.0.0 (520636) - Second Life Viewer
This is the latest build of the Animesh release viewer. It has been merged from the default release viewer, and has some bug fixes. Bug fixes and other changes include:
- Optimizations for dynamic bounding box computation on avatars and animesh objects.
- Animesh attachments should now match the impostor state of the attached avatar.
- Animesh objects should no longer disappear when crossing region boundaries using the mac viewer.
Animesh is a new feature that allows non-avatar objects to play animations the way avatars do today. See the wiki page for details on how to get started with animesh. You can report problems with animesh in our JIRA and discuss it with other interested residents at the Animesh Forum .
For more information, see our blog posting.
- SL-1020 (animations) Animesh attachment does not animate after login on build 515000
- SL-1027 [Animesh] Issue with animations during linking and delinking.
- SL-1029 (lod) Issue with characters rendering low LoD upon checking Animated Mesh.
- SL-1032 [Animesh] Viewer adds estimated tri counts of sitters to Animesh objects.
- SL-1059 Joint positions not applied for observers after disabling animated mesh checkbox of a worn Animesh
- SL-1082 (encroachment) Constrain encroachment by animesh objects and avatars somehow. Clamp joint position overrides?
- SL-1123 Private Regions requesting Animesh server code
- SL-1148 (editing) Can't edit textures on active animated mesh
- SL-1218 (joint positions) Issue with one or more character's bone deforms not rendering properly among a group of all the same characters.
- SL-1229 [Animesh] New avatar complexity seems excessively low for Animesh objects.
- SL-1271 (other) Animesh - physics is not rotated while visual mesh is.
- SL-1285 (lod) Animesh Enabled objects' size affects their bounding box
- SL-1290 (animations) Issue with animations not rendering if they were stopped and started while host object is selected.
- SL-1291 (graphics) animesh selection highlight jumps to origin on zoom out
- SL-1317 [Animesh] Animesh object orientation is incorrect after rez.
- SL-1350 (graphics) Animesh angle offset - lags behind when linked to rotating prim
- SL-1428 (lod) (scattered static boxes can stretch the effective box) LOD and ARC of Rigged Mesh is even worse than I had previously thought....
- SL-1564 (lod) (bad bear again) Animesh elephants are impostored even when standing close to them.
- SL-1571 [Animesh] Appearance To XML crashes the viewer.
- SL-1628 [ANIMESH] Animesh does not obey z-height offsets decided upon upload
- SL-1642 Animesh attachments turning to boxes depending on rotation or zoom
- SL-1659 (probably not animesh) The presence of Animesh characters with complexity values near your own or greater causes alerts of your own complexity value.
- SL-1768 [Animesh] Don't add a skeleton to a linkset upon clicking "Animated Mesh" unless said linkset contains rigged mesh. Remove skeletons from linksets upon delinking if no links contain rigged mesh.
- SL-1770 [Animesh] Viewer crash during buy the objects
- SL-1780 Link-Set AniMesh broken on R.C. Agni (Main Grid)
- SL-1796 [Animesh 32bit build] Rigged mesh avatars are not shown in the viewer
- SL-1802 [Animesh] animesh attachment deforms avatar
- SL-1824 [Animesh] Issue with specific mesh avatar lagging camera movement while Animated Mesh status is active.
- SL-1826 (animations) Animesh is not animate quickly after teleporting
- SL-1877 Crash on edit logcontrol-dev.xml
- SL-2007 Animesh objects cast no shadows.
- SL-2011 Viewer crash after teleporting while wearing animesh objects
- SL-2106 The first Animesh to be dragged across a region boundary in a session will disappear.
- SL-2121 Animesh is rendered lower in 126.96.36.1999208 than previous viewers.
- SL-2145 Animesh skeleton is incorrect after linking to a different Animesh.
- SL-2180 Crash when wearing Animated Mesh
- SL-2213 [PV] Inconsistent enablement of editing translation/rotation/scale via text widgets
- SL-2291 (lod) Animesh - Animated rigged mesh gets avatar LOD radius boost
- SL-2302 [PV] An observer receives error message when someone links 2 Animesh together.
- SL-2376 child animesh object influences root animesh object.
- SL-2462 [Animesh] Issue with selected object inventory refusing to stay loaded while animations in the same inventory are playing and Animation Info is enabled.
- SL-2501 Animesh objects outside view frustum stop rendering after a while.
- SL-2712 (other) Animesh - physics/BB scaling does not reflect visual scaling
- SL-2788 [PV] Observers do not see objects transition between Animesh and rigged mesh states
- SL-2792 Viewer crash when disabling Animated Mesh of an object with multiple meshes
- SL-2808 [Animesh] Users from different viewer don't see the Animesh stop animating when it is selected.
- SL-2842 [ANIMESH] Crash in LLDrawPoolAvatar::removeRiggedFace: Face reference data corrupt for rigged type 16; wrong face pointer
- SL-2856 Crash after detaching an Animesh attachment that has stopped rendering in-world
- SL-2860 Inconsistent rules for rigged mesh uploads - attachment points
- SL-691 Viewer support for animating non-attached meshes
- SL-694 viewer: Define object type for animated objects
- SL-704 (cleanup) Clean up viewer "AXON" comments before release
- SL-707 UI design for animated mesh property editing
- SL-712 [PV] Update wiki for new LSL functions
- SL-714 Handle selection/edit for animated objects
- SL-718 [PV] Support animated objects as attachments
- SL-719 [PV] Handle objects with physics
- SL-722 Handle multi-piece linksets, only root object should set/examine the animated object checkbox
- SL-724 Optimize the control avatar
- SL-725 Restrict animations for control avatar
- SL-726 Restrict updateCharacter() transform munging for control avatars
- SL-727 Disable display of agent-related text with control avatars, and agent-related interaction options
- SL-729 [PV] Handle region crossings
- SL-749 Edit/move animated object across region boundary causes object to disappear
- SL-751 Test infrastructure
- SL-759 Animated Objects should impostor correctly
- SL-760 [PV] Support sitting on animated objects
- SL-761 [PV] Refine transformation matching between skeleton, object
- SL-763 Distant animated objects run at super-fast speed
- SL-779 Support non-rigged root object for animesh linksets (viewer)
- SL-785 Non-rigged objects in animesh linksets do not display properly
- SL-786 Bug notes from Henri, open source list
- SL-789 Crash in LLCharacter::LLCharacter() - assert sAllowInstancesChange
- SL-790 [PV] Enforce limit on how many animesh attachments can be worn simultaneously (viewer)
- SL-794 [PV] Enforce triangle count limit for animesh objects (viewer)
- SL-797 [PV] Placeholder ARC impact from animated objects
- SL-800 [PV] Changing animated mesh flag on attached object should update joint positions appropriately
- SL-808 [PV] Update ARC display for animated objects
- SL-811 [PV] Non-self av showing with wrong joint positions. Also reset skeleton fails with attached animesh.
- SL-830 Corrupted graphics state in multi-piece animesh linksets
- SL-831 Support link/unlink with multi-piece animesh linksets
- SL-838 Crash when un-flagging an animesh attachment - "Tried to add a rigged face that's referenced elsewhere"
- SL-859 (animations) New arrivals may not get notification of previously started animations
- SL-863 (other) Jelly-doll support for animesh objects
- SL-897 (limits) viewer updates for final limits
- SL-902 Animesh objects with rigged meshes must always display rigged to skeleton
- SL-908 Animesh - rigged mesh highlighting broken
- SL-915 Dynamic tracking for rigged mesh extents
- SL-928 Mesh upload should warn about orientation issues with rigged mesh
- SL-944 Improve performance when developing and debugging
- SL-966 Enforce size, offset limits for rigged meshes
- SL-9671 SimulatorFeatures should be refreshed on region change
- SL-9673 [Animesh] Certain HUDs collapse when zooming
- SL-9680 [Animesh] Any UNRIGGED attachment attached while your camera is fairly close to your avatar renders at low LOD & remains there until you zoom camera out and back
- SL-9773 [ ANIMESH ] Attached animesh objects visible in mouselook, despite unchecked 'Show me in mouselook' setting.
- SL-9805 Animesh: Massive performance loss since animesh update.
- SL-9849 Animesh attachments should derive their impostor state from parent avatar
- SL-9857 [Animesh] [Mac] The animated object becomes invisible after user crosses the region’s boundary.
- SL-986 Bear animesh fly away after stopping animation.