Second Life Railway Commission
The Second Life Railway Commission is composed entirely of SLRR-gauge train builders, train sellers and others who are materially involved with personal railroading on the Second Life Railroad. We are a small private group but we have an official-sounding name just like those other guys.
If you have a nice SLRR-gauge personal train, you probably made it yourself or you purchased it from one of us. Enjoy! We are the train builders in Second Life and we have joined together for the purpose of delivering a unified message to Michael Linden and the LDPW. Our message is that we support the existing SLRR standards and the freedoms that you enjoy today on the SLRR Atoll railroad tracks. We do not take either of these things for granted, nor should you.
Second Life Railway Commission charter:
1) We are all independent SLRR train builders and endorse these ideas.
2) We represent a thriving personal railroading industry that is good for SL.
3) Our focus is the SLRR Atoll railway tracks, not GLSR, ONSR or trolleys.
4) The current track specification is excellent, expansion is encouraged.
5) The SL TOS is sufficient, we oppose any signaling control system.
6) Resources should be applied to expansion, not automated trains.
7) We will take this message to the Lindens regularly.
The message we bring to Michael and the LDPW is clear, positive and public. The long distances covered by the SLRR Atoll railroad tracks make them a unique feature in SL and unrestricted access should continue to be provided for all residents. The current SLRR-gauge track standard supports five distinctly different types of trains, enabling residents of all skill levels to participate. The SLRR standard should be adhered to and the track system should be completed. We consider automated train systems to be completely problematic in SL, a hazard to railroading on the Atoll and a misdirection of LDPW resources.
MEMBER NAME LIST REMOVED, THE GROUP HAS DISBANDED.
Long live the SLRR and personal railroading in Second Life!
The Second Life Railway Commission
This information was gathered from various sources throughout SL by Jer Straaf and other members of the Second Life Railway Commission.