Second Life bot software comparison
From Second Life Wiki
Second Life bots can perform the various operations (not available by LSL):
- Send direct group invitations (including closed groups)
- Automatically monitor the group chats, kick spammers, perform antispam checks
- Send automatic group notices and IMs
- Act as mannequin or model bot
- Serve as a secretary or support robot by using autoresponder AI or remote chat assistant.
- Be a non-personal character (NPC) in a roleplaying game.
Every Second Life bot requires a special software running. This software can be run either on user's PC or hosted with Second Life bot hosting provider.
A. Hosting bot with provider
- You don't care about PC consuming power around the clock.
- You don't have to choose, probably buy and update the bot software.
- Bot does not depends on your internet connection.
- You have to pay a subscription fee (usually weekly)
B. Running bot on your own PC
- You can launch the bot when you need it
- Usually no subscription fee (however, you may need to buy the software)
- You have to keep your PC running all the time
- Bot hosting providers usually offer more features than standalone programs
(Sorted naturally, new records are appended at the end)
|Used as:||Multi-functional Bot||Multi-functional Bot|| |
|Bot controlling approach|| web pages|
|Group Inviter ||yes||yes||yes|
|Chat moderator||yes, web interface||yes, bot commands||no|
|Automatic chat antispam||yes, using free device||no||no|
|Group notices and IMs||yes||yes||no|
|Scheduled notices and IMs||yes, web interface||no||no|
|Add-ons for other services|| SHX devices|
Casper (Vend and others)
|not announced||developers welcome :-)|
|Devices and tools||Available at SL Marketplace||Pikku-Shop||Wizardry and Steamworks - Corrade|
|Setup fee||free|| L$6,000 (premium license)|
L$6,000 (light license)
|Bot hosting subscription|| L$479/week - fully-functional bot|
L$179/week - model bot
|LSL API|| AdminBot LSL Library:|
invite to group
group chat talk
group chat listen
eject group members
|no||invite to group|
|Bot chat API||no||yes||no|
|Other languages||Simple Bot Scripting Language||no||no|
|URL||SmartBots: Second Life bot hosting||PikkuBots website||Wizardry and Steamworks - Corrade|
|Other||SmartBost is a publicly trading company, listed as BOTS at SLCAPEX||---||The source-code is released under the GNU GPLv3 license. For hosting, please contact Kira Komarov in-world. Free hosting may be available (within reason and at the mercy of resources).|
- ↑ See Group inviters comparison for more info
- ↑ The LSL library which allows to utilize bot's functionality from your LSL scripts
For more info on bots, visit the following pages: