Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2012.03.06

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2012.03.02 Next 2012.03.09

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden Asterion Coen Davido Chrome
Draconis Neurocam Fancy Detector Flip Idlemind
Helena Lycia Ima Mechanique Kelly Linden
Kennylex Luckless MartinRJ Nalates Urriah
Qie Niangao Rex Cronon Sahkolihaa Contepomi
Sera Lok Simon Linden Squirrel Wood
TankMaster Finesmith Vincent Nacon Yuzuru Jewell

Transcript

[12:01] Helena Lycia: Interesting lemon shaped table

[12:01] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Hey Kelly & Andrew.

[12:01] Andrew Linden: hello

[12:01] Squirrel Wood: http://store.ironsky.net/product/16/pre-order-iron-sky-collectors-edition

[12:01] Helena Lycia: Hiya Andrew

[12:01] Simon Linden: Hello everyone

[12:02] Nalates Urriah: :)

[12:02] Draconis Neurocam: hello simon, andrew, and kelly

[12:02] Asterion Coen: oh, a rex :)

[12:02] Helena Lycia: Hiya Rex *smiles*

[12:02] Rex Cronon: hi asterion:)

[12:02] Rex Cronon: hi helena

[12:02] Rex Cronon: hi everybody

[12:03] Andrew Linden: News first, but I don't have any progress to report. I've been working on the pathfinding code that is on the beta grid

[12:03] Asterion Coen: i was wondering where hidded your hat; it just rezzed :)

[12:03] Rex Cronon: that is funny. i landed on the round table:)

[12:03] Andrew Linden: and haven't been able to get to the encroachment return stuff for mainland, or the LSL syntax update (although this last one is something I'm doing for the pathfinding project

[12:03] Vincent Nacon: currently it seem to have broken collision event in pathfinding sims

[12:03] Andrew Linden: which is adding a bunch of new LSL calls)

[12:04] Andrew Linden: really Vincent? bummer... Falcon did a major overhaul of the collision event handler code

[12:04] Vincent Nacon: ah that explains a lot

[12:04] Andrew Linden: all collision events busted?

[12:04] Vincent Nacon: because it was a bit tricky

[12:05] Andrew Linden: or just particular ones? If so, what collision events are not being handled?

[12:05] Vincent Nacon: sometimes it works or not... didn't make JIRA report because it wasn't quite sure about the source of cause

[12:05] Vincent Nacon: both collision, btw

[12:05] Andrew Linden: Ok, well we'll be looking for a reliable repro case soon, I would guess.

[12:05] Vincent Nacon: land and prim

[12:05] Rex Cronon: maybe is due to lag?

[12:05] Vincent Nacon: no

[12:05] Vincent Nacon: I was alone

[12:06] Rex Cronon: prim lag

[12:06] Vincent Nacon: nope, the sim was empty

[12:06] Vincent Nacon: if it was lag, I wouldn't have brought it up

[12:07] Andrew Linden: Vincent, could you summarize what the object was doing with collision events?

[12:07] Andrew Linden: Detecting avatar walking on it? Projectile?

[12:07] Vincent Nacon: well it's for my car, it relies on number of collision within 0.1 second

[12:08] Andrew Linden: Ah, vehicle. But also with a collision() event handler?

[12:08] Vincent Nacon: yup, but there's 4 scripts

[12:08] Vincent Nacon: one in each wheels

[12:09] Vincent Nacon: I only noticed it for a brief moment while I was doing other things

[12:09] Vincent Nacon: it was yestorday though

[12:09] Davido Chrome cracks back into place.

[12:09] Davido Chrome cracks back into place.

[12:09] Davido Chrome gets beaten up by invisible ninjas

[12:09] Davido Chrome cracks back into place.

[12:09] Andrew Linden: ok thanks Vincent. I'll mention it to Falcon.

[12:09] Squirrel Wood: isn't there a setting on how many events you want to process at max within a given time ?

[12:10] Davido Chrome: Sorry..

[12:10] Vincent Nacon: but you know... since he's redoing collision event

[12:10] Andrew Linden: We'll probably want to get a hold of that car eventually, but might not even be able to get to it this week.

[12:10] Vincent Nacon: think maybe we could have collision filter with list?

[12:10] Rex Cronon: sims share servers, sometimes one sim affects the other sims running on same sever. it could have been that?

[12:10] Fancy Detector: Kelly Linden has arrived!

[12:10] Fancy Detector: Andrew Linden has arrived!

[12:10] Fancy Detector: Simon Linden has arrived!

[12:10] Vincent Nacon: instead of only one string

[12:11] Andrew Linden: Well, Falcon was trying to clean up our collision handling, while simultaneously supporting collision events for characters.

[12:11] Draconis Neurocam: llcollisionfilter and llmineventdelay

[12:11] Vincent Nacon: there was a JIRA request, looking for it

[12:11] Flip Idlemind: Hey, could someone briefly catch me up on the news, my entire computer crashed and I had to restart

[12:11] Qie Niangao: the new collision() handler code is on the pathfinding test sims only, right? (I should try to test llVolumeDetect and flexis)

[12:12] Vincent Nacon: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4562

[12:12] JIRA-helper: [#SVC-4562] Depreciate llCollisionFilter in favor of llFilterCollisions (new functionality)

[12:12] Vincent Nacon: there ya go

[12:12] Ima Mechanique: we just got started FLIP

[12:12] Andrew Linden: Yes Qie, this is only on the pathfinding regions where the collision overhaul was done.

[12:12] Qie Niangao: thanks.

[12:12] Asterion Coen: (the only news about your computer crashing)

[12:12] Asterion Coen: +are

[12:12] Andrew Linden reads the jira...

[12:13] Flip Idlemind: So I didn't miss anything important after

[12:13] Flip Idlemind: [12:03] Andrew Linden: which is adding a bunch of new LSL calls)

[12:13] Flip Idlemind: ?

[12:13] Ima Mechanique: nope

[12:13] Davido Chrome: So this collision overhaul works for non pathfinding objects too?

[12:13] Vincent Nacon: you're not missing much

[12:13] Flip Idlemind: Okie dokie

[12:13] Vincent Nacon: why it wouldn't, Davido?

[12:13] Andrew Linden: the overhaul is for the basic collision handling code, which eventually handles all LSL collision events

[12:14] Andrew Linden: so yeah, even for non-pathfinding objects

[12:15] Davido Chrome: Ah, so it's just for collision events handled in scripts, not general collisions in vehicles?

[12:15] Andrew Linden: SVC-4562 is about better controls to filter the collisions that trigger collision*() events in LSL scripts, right?

[12:15] Davido Chrome: Ah.

[12:15] Andrew Linden: Not about selectively disabling collisions. So... it looks doable.

[12:15] Andrew Linden: But we won't be adding it to the scope of the pathfinding project.

[12:15] Vincent Nacon: well, whatever it takes to reduce the resource in collision event

[12:16] Andrew Linden: The overhaul work we did is to make it possible to support collisions with AI characters.

[12:16] Vincent Nacon: but logically would be useful to filter out by choices

[12:16] Vincent Nacon: maybe need another event call or some form of flag to say a list of object that it's "currently" touching or resting upon.

[12:16] Vincent Nacon: instead of start and end event

[12:17] Andrew Linden: Ok that's all the news I've got. Maybe Simon and Kelly have some news.

[12:18] Simon Linden: I have the usual release info: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2012-03-05/m-p/1418153

[12:18] Simon Linden: There was an update this morning, which I'm going to assume went OK because I haven't heard any screaming

[12:18] Vincent Nacon: let's see how people like the new throttle... if they don't, slap`em!

[12:18] Flip Idlemind: Unless the update broke the screaming detectors

[12:19] Simon Linden: It was mostly bug fixes, but llGiveInventory() had it's throttle eased

[12:19] Vincent Nacon: yeah

[12:19] Simon Linden: I'm not sure what's going onto the RC channels tomorrow - I believe another update to the region crossing code, but I'm not sure if anything else is in the works

[12:20] Simon Linden: We don't have a new maintenace release ready, that's getting wrapped up and might make it next week

[12:20] Rex Cronon: i don't think there is any need to slap anybody. we r all civilized people here. right:)

[12:20] Asterion Coen: (i always wanted to slap your hat, can I?) :)

[12:20] Simon Linden: I'll give my regular plug for the Secret Server Forum: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Simulator-Discussions/bd-p/simulator_discussions

[12:20] Nalates Urriah: Will crossing release still fixes to Stage I or is this Stage II?

[12:21] Vincent Nacon: I thought there was a unplanned maintenance going on now.

[12:21] Simon Linden: If you want to discuss server stuff in a relatively sane way, and dont' have access yet, let me know in an IM

[12:21] Rex Cronon: is pointy. u might get hurt:)

[12:21] Kelly Linden: Stage 1

[12:21] TankMaster Finesmith: vincent, thats for billing

[12:21] Vincent Nacon: oh wait. sorry, that was the billing

[12:21] Vincent Nacon: yeah my bad

[12:21] Simon Linden: The crossings are still "Stage 1", Nal

[12:21] Nalates Urriah: thx Kellz

[12:22] Nalates Urriah: and Simon

[12:22] Simon Linden: I have heard that the "Stage 2" crossing work looked promising ... much of the lag it causes is gone. This is lag for others in the region

[12:22] Simon Linden: I'm not sure if there is any noticible change for the person(s) crossing

[12:22] Simon Linden: But that's preliminary work -- it's not ready for release yet

[12:22] Vincent Nacon: think we won't notice any lag or spike if we're having a car race going across sims?

[12:23] Nalates Urriah: Does it affect any of the arrival and departure lag from those tping in and out?

[12:23] Asterion Coen: (is that halloween?)

[12:23] Simon Linden: oh, I'm sure you'll notice lag, Vincent. I dont' think I'll ever promise that it will go away :)

[12:23] Helena Lycia: Will sim crossings on vehicles still be classed as a dangerous sport after all this work?

[12:23] Vincent Nacon: alrighty, just saying for the record ;)

[12:24] Simon Linden: Nal - I'm not sure exactly. I _believe_ the initial work is region crossings only. But TPs are mostly the same code, so those are on the list

[12:24] Rex Cronon: AFK...............................

[12:24] Rex Cronon: afk

[12:24] Vincent Nacon: depends Helena. some cars can be heavy scripted than others, could result more lag

[12:24] Asterion Coen: in another way, SL without lag, that's not realy SL :)

[12:24] Vincent Nacon: we'll call it Third Life

[12:25] Helena Lycia: Anyone read New Scientist?

[12:25] Vincent Nacon: once a while

[12:25] Helena Lycia: Interesting development in virtual worlds

[12:25] Davido Chrome: Would be fun if you could give back that web client, and makie it possible to play it through Media on a prim.

[12:25] Vincent Nacon: like what?

[12:25] Helena Lycia: A "real" lifesize Earth

[12:25] Vincent Nacon: oh

[12:25] Helena Lycia: http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepercent/2012/03/planet-sized-video-game-gets-i.html

[12:25] Asterion Coen: that's about all said since 2006

[12:25] Simon Linden: That's all the news I can think of now

[12:26] Vincent Nacon: there was something similar in the work as well

[12:26] Helena Lycia: The terrain in that thing looks fantastic

[12:26] Vincent Nacon: but more of a space exploration, planets to planets to ground

[12:26] Vincent Nacon: without loading bars

[12:27] Asterion Coen: :)

[12:27] Helena Lycia: I flew to some placed I've been to IRL, they're quite recognisable

[12:27] Davido Chrome: Did a post on Simcrossings. community.secondlife.com/t5/Building-and-Texturing-Forum/Four-ways-to-improve-sim-crossings-with-vehicles-One-of-them/m-p/1410249

[12:28] Davido Chrome: Is the table open?

[12:28] Simon Linden: Sure, go for it

[12:28] Vincent Nacon: http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=93

[12:28] Davido Chrome: I am curious about if that Linden Realms feature beta test group is still on?

[12:29] Flip Idlemind: That ^

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: yeah, wondering the same

[12:29] Andrew Linden does not know.

[12:29] Simon Linden: I don't know about the beta group specifcally, but the project continues

[12:29] Vincent Nacon: but I also wonder if LR Linden is actually Charlar Linden?

[12:29] Nalates Urriah: We ran into a problem of how to report a problem on the ADITI grid. SVC-7727

[12:29] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7727

[#SVC-7727] Aditi grid problem. After changing my password to cause my inventory on Aditi to update, my inventory no longer saves changes made to it from session to session.

[12:29] Simon Linden: So I would assume that's going to need a beta at some point

[12:30] Ima Mechanique: let's hope us volunteers don't get forgotten in the transition ;-)

[12:30] Vincent Nacon: oh we will be forgotten

[12:30] Vincent Nacon: :P

[12:30] Ima Mechanique: how do I add pages to the wiki for missing LSL constants, for example

[12:30] Asterion Coen: ima, promise, u will have a chocolate medal :)

[12:30] Davido Chrome: Please don't forget us!

[12:30] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is half over

[12:31] Andrew Linden: Hrm... I wonder if Oskar knows about SVC-7727. I'll ask him...

[12:31] Draconis Neurocam: ima its not easy, ive done it, you have to edit several templates which themselves are hard to find, then make them crossreference on every page

[12:31] Ima Mechanique: guess I'll leave them for Andrew to do then ;-) as they're pathfinding stuff

[12:32] Davido Chrome: Can I ask what happened with Charlar, or is that a taboo question?

[12:32] Simon Linden: It's a taboo answer - we can't discuss personnel changes or situations like that

[12:32] Vincent Nacon: he told secret stuff, end of story.

[12:32] Vincent Nacon: :P

[12:32] Davido Chrome: Aaah. Ok.

[12:33] Vincent Nacon: I'm just pulling your leg

[12:33] Ima Mechanique: think you can ask, but I'd guess the answer will be a resounding silence ;-)

[12:33] Davido Chrome: Was answering Simon

[12:33] Simon Linden: Right, Ima

[12:33] Nalates Urriah: Ima, you can add stuff to the Discussion Pages in the wiki. Lindens usually see it.

[12:33] Vincent Nacon: better not ask as it could have been a personal thing with Charlar

[12:33] Vincent Nacon: could be medical leave or whatever

[12:33] Ima Mechanique: Nal, aren't discussion pages tied to specific wiki pages?

[12:34] Davido Chrome: Makes sense.

[12:34] Andrew Linden: I'm not an SLWiki master.

[12:34] Draconis Neurocam: i wonder if LL will update their media wiki when they switch to lua as a scripting language

[12:34] Flip Idlemind: Well I am curious what happened as far as how it effects the beta test

[12:34] Andrew Linden: But I should probably learn how to add an LSL constant.

[12:34] Nalates Urriah: Ima, they are. But if you get the pages that would lead to the new page, it gets seen... hopefully.

[12:34] Davido Chrome: But, I still have a follow up, who do we turn to about the LR Beta group?

[12:35] Simon Linden: lol, I personally promise that if we change to Lua we'll update a few pages

[12:35] Draconis Neurocam: haha simon

[12:35] Simon Linden: That's pretty safe to say :)

[12:35] Ima Mechanique: Andrew a number of the pathfinding/character ones a re missing. I was updating LSL highlighting code so needed to get the values for them.

[12:36] Ima Mechanique: then I couldn't find how to add them when I'd getten the value from aditi

[12:36] Andrew Linden: Oh really Ima, you're updating the keywords.ini file?

[12:36] Andrew Linden: Or just the wiki pages?

[12:36] Simon Linden: Alve - I don't have an answer for you. I'll pass that along in my notes for the user group and we'll see what happens.

[12:36] Ima Mechanique: no, not at this time. Updating LSL Editors syntax file

[12:36] Davido Chrome: Ok. Thanks.

[12:36] Andrew Linden: Ima, where is the LSL Editors syntax file?

[12:37] Ima Mechanique: it's an embedded resource for the program

[12:37] Nalates Urriah: Ima he's prolly interested in the repo link

[12:37] Ima Mechanique: in case you've not realised LSL Editor is an external app for working on LSL scripts

[12:38] Nalates Urriah: I love it

[12:38] Andrew Linden: Ah I see. No I had not heard of LSL Editor yet.

[12:38] Ima Mechanique: repo is on SourceForge. sourceforge.net/lsleditor I thin

[12:38] Andrew Linden: Ima, you need the numerical values of the various LSL constants?

[12:39] Ima Mechanique: it's been a round a long time, written in C#

[12:39] Davido Chrome: That should be handy, no lost code from crashes.

[12:39] Nalates Urriah: It is an editor and debugger. Handles multiple scripts in a project formate so all can debug at once.

[12:39] Andrew Linden: So there is a particular file in that source that you're updating, right?

[12:39] Rex Cronon: back

[12:39] MartinRJ: many editors have lsl language files

[12:39] Andrew Linden: I'll try to download a copy of that source today.

[12:39] Asterion Coen: wb

[12:39] Ima Mechanique: it also emulates running LSL, hence the need for the constant's values

[12:40] Rex Cronon: thanks:)

[12:40] Andrew Linden: I'm in the middle of trying to update the various SL viewer LSL syntax highlighting stuff already.

[12:40] Nalates Urriah: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsleditor/files/

[12:40] MartinRJ: @ima, cool - I haven't used it for a long while, got to try it again

[12:40] Rex Cronon: that lsl editor might not be the only one that needs lsl constants and their values:)

[12:41] Andrew Linden: It is a side project and I can't find enough time to work on it, however I suspect I could update the LSL Editor files too, without much extra work.

[12:41] Draconis Neurocam: andrew i would think it would be easier just to grep it from some server file, though admittedly i have no idea how the backend is set up

[12:41] Asterion Coen: (it would be a rotation editor too, should be usefull!!)

[12:41] Ima Mechanique: ours is pretty comprehensive, and it's stored in an xml file so fairly easy to extract into the ini format

[12:41] Davido Chrome: Andrew, are you going through with the idea that the viewer gets the highlighting from the server so you don't have to update every third party viewer separately?

[12:41] Andrew Linden: However... I wonder when I could get to it. I'll try send you some preliminary info Ima about the constant values.

[12:42] Andrew Linden: Davido, yes that idea is in the plan.

[12:42] Ima Mechanique: Andrew, I did start work on creating a format for llsd based keywords file

[12:42] Davido Chrome: Sweet

[12:42] Ima Mechanique: Oh I got the constant values ;-)

[12:42] Andrew Linden: However I once I had some updated files I was going to update the viewer in the short term.

[12:42] Andrew Linden: And then try to figure out how to first serve the syntax file for those who want to download it.

[12:42] Rex Cronon: btw. where in here "http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsleditor/files/" can i find the file that stores all the lsl constatns and their values, and what is the file name?

[12:43] Ima Mechanique: when they weren't available on the wiki I hopped on aditi and used LSL to print them out on the path regions ;-)

[12:43] Andrew Linden: And then try to get the viewer to be able to dynamically update its syntax file.

[12:43] Andrew Linden: Since you might TP from one region to another that supports new/different LSL calls.

[12:43] Flip Idlemind: So in the last meeting I brought up a couple ideas and I was wondering if anyone had given them any thought. They were, basically, per-parcel avatar limits, and (possibly) estate level control over who can speak over voice (similar to the "Avatar Sounds" feature that exists now)

[12:43] Davido Chrome: Andrew, less bandwidth to ahve it do it once a week, maybe with a "reload syntax highlight" button?

[12:44] Ima Mechanique: hmm, I can probably put together a newer version of the keywords.ini file. I'd have to refresh my memory of the layout

[12:44] Andrew Linden: Davido, it won't be a very big download as SL bandwidth goes, I think.

[12:44] Davido Chrome: Ah. Mnga bckar sm.

[12:45] Andrew Linden: keywords.ini file is very simple in layout, but only lists the LSL constants

[12:45] Davido Chrome: Ugh, Many small creeks form a big river, wrote the saying in swedish without thinking...

[12:45] Ima Mechanique: ahh yes, that's right, events and functions were moved out to somewhere else

[12:45] Andrew Linden: as far as I can tell the LSL function calls (such as llGetPos()) syntax highlighting comes from another file

[12:45] Rex Cronon: where do i find the "keywords.ini" file?

[12:46] Andrew Linden: I'm guessing it is the english UI skin XML file or whatever, since that is the only place I could find that listed such calls in the viewer code.

[12:46] Andrew Linden: keywords.ini is somewhere in the viewer source code

[12:46] Rex Cronon: oh. ok. thanks:)

[12:46] Ima Mechanique: I did look into that a while back, after talking with Kelly about it. got side tracked on it because of trying to bring the lsleditor conf file into a suitable format to avoid duplicating work

[12:46] Andrew Linden: I don't remember where... I always have to hunt for it when I want to read it

[12:47] TankMaster Finesmith: indra\newview\app_settings

[12:47] Davido Chrome: I found a weird bug. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7717

[12:47] JIRA-helper: [#SVC-7717] Sim crossing object delink caused uneditbale objects whose collision box is notheless there

[12:47] Andrew Linden: Hrm... Ima, if so then I'll definitely look at the LSL Editor config file. I'd like to only have to update one file too.

[12:47] Rex Cronon: right now i had to use lsl to print the values for each constant

[12:48] TankMaster Finesmith: andrew: indra\newview\app_settings\keywords.ini

[12:48] Davido Chrome: I am wondering if you can hide griefing objects that way.

[12:48] Rex Cronon: thank you guys:)

[12:48] Andrew Linden: And the mixutre of keywords.ini and some XML file that the SL viewer currently uses is kinda hard to maintain.

[12:49] Rex Cronon: why not make wiki pages for constants and their values, keywords, function names and parameters, and event names and parameters

[12:50] Ima Mechanique: agreed, I already volunteered to Kelly to handle changes to the viewer for reading a LLSD based file for syntax

[12:50] Andrew Linden: SVC-7717 appears (at first glance) to be an instance of "ghost colliders"

[12:50] Rex Cronon: and have viewer read those files on startup?

[12:50] Andrew Linden: that is, objects that are no longer around, but their collision shapes are still in the physics engine

[12:50] Andrew Linden: we used to have such a bug -- I haven't heard about it in a while

[12:51] Ima Mechanique: rex, that assumes the web pages are valid xml or whatever format, which they rarely are on the LL sites, sadly

[12:51] Andrew Linden: restarting the region may provide a clue -- if they vanish they were probably "ghost colliders"

[12:51] Rex Cronon: or a downloadable txt file?

[12:52] Davido Chrome: Well, these appear under very specific circumstances i.e. when you have a linkset and the other object is across the sim boarder when you delinki it.

[12:52] Andrew Linden: Oh really? Hrm...

[12:52] Ima Mechanique: Rex that's essentially what the LLSD file would be, an XML file with the data in it

[12:52] Andrew Linden: Ok then probably not "ghost colliders", but could be a bug in the interestlist.

[12:53] Andrew Linden: If it is easy to reproduce then it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

[12:53] Rex Cronon: that delink while parts over a different parcel/sim have some interesting uses right now:)

[12:53] Davido Chrome: I managed to reproduce it reliably. granted, at the same sim boarder each time.

[12:53] Davido Chrome: border*

[12:53] Andrew Linden: ok good

[12:53] Ima Mechanique: keywords.ini is in newview/app_settings btw

[12:53] Andrew Linden takes a note.

[12:54] Davido Chrome: I am a simboarder. Sim-border, was what I meant. XD

[12:54] Andrew Linden: although I wonder when I'd find the time to get to it. sigh...

[12:54] Ima Mechanique: you can change it on your viewer installation to add new constants yourself

[12:54] Rex Cronon: i heard that delegating things to others increases productivity:)

[12:55] Asterion Coen: andrew, dont you explore SL after your daywork ? :)

[12:55] Vincent Nacon: have you seen his outfit?

[12:55] Vincent Nacon: muhaha!

[12:55] Andrew Linden: hehe, I'm afraid Vincent is right

[12:55] Andrew Linden: When I use SL I just find stuff I need to fix.

[12:55] Davido Chrome: Cool, I managed to reproduce it here!

[12:55] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is almost over

[12:55] TankMaster Finesmith: lol

[12:56] Rex Cronon: what? u mean lindens don't roam the land undercover?

[12:56] Vincent Nacon: some do

[12:56] Asterion Coen: roh, bad bad

[12:56] Vincent Nacon: even some do stuff you would never expect them to do

[12:56] Ima Mechanique: I'd think you'd have a hard time keepping Torley out of SL

[12:57] Vincent Nacon: his family is keeping him out of SL most of the time now

[12:57] Vincent Nacon: Torley's family, that is

[12:57] Ashiri: some have been known to hangout at clubs =^_^=

[12:57] Rex Cronon: i hope is not going through withdrawl. just kidding;)

[12:57] Davido Chrome: Andrew, when do we get those Digitizers they have in Tron so we can go into SL physically?

[12:57] Rex Cronon: he is not*

[12:57] Asterion Coen: torley has a RL family ? :)

[12:58] Vincent Nacon: don't make me hit you, Davido!

[12:58] Davido Chrome: What? :D

[12:58] Simon Linden: Um, no hitting until after the user group is over, please

[12:58] Andrew Linden: we have the digitizers already, but they're buggy

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: that's why Charlar's missing right now

[12:59] Rex Cronon: i don't think u want to use them. do u realize what can happen to u, if the sim crashes:)

[12:59] Davido Chrome: Yeah, that's the only logical explanation.

[12:59] Ima Mechanique: hehe don't tell me Kelly used to be a fully fleshed pirate until the *digitizer* accident

[12:59] Nalates Urriah: 'splains a lot

[13:00] Davido Chrome: Uh, just so you know. I replicated that collision box invisible prim thing right here during the user group.

[13:00] Simon Linden: oh cool, where is it?

[13:00] Andrew Linden: Ok thanks Davido. Good to know the repro is reliable.

[13:00] Meeter: Thank you for coming to the Server User Group

[13:01] Davido Chrome: Bah, it just got autoreturned. XD

[13:01] Asterion Coen: :)

[13:01] Ima Mechanique: meetings over, hitting can begin!!

[13:01] Davido Chrome: The original root is still there though.

[13:01] Davido Chrome: Hey!

[13:01] Rex Cronon: u can use the table as fighting area;)

[13:02] Davido Chrome: I think we should extend the no hitting till after the next meeting. Always after the next meeting!

[13:02] Andrew Linden: Thanks for coming everyone.

[13:02] Asterion Coen: i ve a question, not relative to servers, scripts, etc

[13:02] Simon Linden: What's up?

[13:02] Rex Cronon: tc andrew

[13:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: See you Andrew, Simon & Kelly.

[13:02] Kennylex Luckless: Noooooo, did I miss all again.

[13:02] Vincent Nacon: take care

[13:02] Yuzuru Jewell: Thank you!

[13:02] Asterion Coen: is there office hours about business like with amanda, DJ some years ago, or about gov, like with scott ?

[13:02] Qie Niangao: Thanks Andrew, Kelly, Simon. Have fun all.

[13:02] Sera Lok: be well, Lindens^^

[13:02] Davido Chrome: Thanks!

[13:02] Andrew Linden: Ask your question Asterion.

[13:02] Rex Cronon: tc simon, kelly

[13:03] Vincent Nacon: naa Kennylex, you're not missing Andrew's leave :)

[13:03] Vincent Nacon: muhaha!

[13:03] Simon Linden: All the user groups are listed at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups

[13:03] Andrew Linden: Ah, I see it. No, not so many user groups (office hours) these days.

[13:03] Kennylex Luckless: Well, thats an event to

[13:03] Simon Linden: I don't know how up-to-date that information is, however

[13:03] Kennylex Luckless: .

[13:03] Asterion Coen: and what about the SL dev stuffs (solution provider program)?

[13:03] Ima Mechanique: yeah Mesh got removed last minute yesteray

[13:03] MartinRJ: goodbye everyone

[13:03] Rex Cronon: the lindens must be very busy if so few office hours

[13:03] Rex Cronon: tc all those leaving

[13:04] Andrew Linden: I don't know about the state of the solution providers program Asterion.

[13:04] Davido Chrome: The Mesh user group happened. Question is, will it happen again?

[13:04] Asterion Coen: thx you

[13:05] Andrew Linden: Probably best to ask some old-timer residents what the current state of that is.

[13:05] Ima Mechanique: technically, I don't think it's the "mesh" user group any more. kinda gone back to Nyx's office hours ;-)

[13:05] Vincent Nacon: yup

[13:05] Vincent Nacon: mesh is pretty much a success anyway

[13:05] Rex Cronon: nyx has oh again?

[13:05] Asterion Coen: im affraid the members of thoses groups dont know more

[13:05] Andrew Linden: I've been too "heads down" in my work for a while and I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

[13:06] Andrew Linden: Really? Hrm... sounds disbanded, or no longer supported, but I"m not sure.

[13:06] Nalates Urriah: Byx was looking into what was going to happen. trinity Linden had a sign up that the Ug was over.

[13:06] Davido Chrome: The signs said it was, then nyx came and held a meeting.

[13:06] Asterion Coen: havent heard about the responsive for months

[13:06] Nalates Urriah: Nyx^

[13:07] Ima Mechanique: Rex, not exactly. some other linden cancelled the Content Creator user group, about an hour or two before it was supposed to happen. So Nyx turned up anyway as no one had bothered to tell him it was cancelled

[13:07] Asterion Coen: madhavi linden etc

[13:07] Rex Cronon: weid

[13:07] Asterion Coen: is she still working at the lab ?

[13:07] Rex Cronon: weird*

[13:08] Asterion Coen: i though LL was a kind of "family" company

[13:08] Asterion Coen: where ppl use to comunicate :)

[13:08] Rex Cronon: the love machine:)



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2012.03.02 Next 2012.03.09