Snowstorm Daily Scrum Archive/08252010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
- New weekly office hour to be set up for Product Backlog and idea discussion starts today 2 8-9am PT at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hippotropolis/201/115/21
- Repo and build shuffling, created a Project-Viewer-Builds project on TeamCity to separate them out from the Release-Viewer-Builds project.
- Updated BuildParams to use CG's new build_debug_release_separately flag..
- Pulled EXT-8300 / EXT-8398 (Avatar icons displaced from SLURL profile links) fix into viewer-development.
- Rebased EXT-1579 and EXT-8248 work into a new viewer-development-tweaks repo for my experimental stuff.
- Double-checked with Tofu for any new files to be added to the map for converting viewer-public.
- Double-click teleport.
- Get back to importing Snowglobe build fixes
- Check with CG about renaming TeamCity projects to Viewer-Release-Builds, and Viewer-Project-Builds so that they sort together in the project list. May also need Viewer-Aimee's-Builds as I seem to be accumulating enough for my own project :)
- Converted viewer-public to new repo format
- Ready to merge to viewer-development if there are no objections (this
is stuff that was aimed at Viewer 2.2, it was already mostly in Snowglobe 2.1)
- Other tree juggling
- Really do the merge of viewer-public to viewer-development
- Find things to review (is there a neat process for actually finding
things to review?)
- Catch-up on opensource-dev
- none (just sickness!)
- essentially no Snowstorm work yesterday
- update patch from Thickbrick for texture alignment, get it reviewed.
- get archive of my last Office Hour posted
- todays Office Hour
- Non-Snowstorm tasks (no help for it)
- LLKDU in viewer-development: Modified llkdu.cmake and install.xml to use the prebuilt binaries for each platform. Suppress the dependency on exisiting llkdu subfolder in the build environment. Modified viewer_manifest.py and newview/CMakeListst.txt to support this idea. Local builds: success. TeamCity builds: success! W00t!!!
- Add "Sit" to the "pie" menu: Pick up the SG 2.1 patch (VWR-20709) : done
- Add "Sit" to the "pie" menu: Merge and test patch (VWR-20710): done
- LLKDU in viewer-development: review, test so it gets pulled to viewer-development
- Add "Sit" to the "pie" menu: Design review (VWR-20711)
- Add "Sit" to the "pie" menu: Test the ability to sit "anywhere" (VWR-20712)
- Discuss sidebar undocking and more UI ideas with Rhett
- Set up weekly office hours to discuss product backlog and ideas
- Continued gathering Resident feedback from blog and email
- Hold first Product Backlog & Idea OH
- Finally get Resident ideas and feedback into the backlog
- Document idea submission process
- Review texture alignment build for Oz
- Review Tofu's list of changes from Snowglobe
- BUG EXT-8362 ([TRUNCATION] IT login screen - truncation in location box)
- BUG EXT-8672 ([HARD CODED] ALL LANGS The word "Saved" is hard coded, in the long timestamp displayed in IM when user is offline)
- BUG EXT-7878 (Corrupted vertical scroll bar appears on 'Edit Outfit' panel if height of 'Add More' panel was changed)
- BUG EXT-7951 (Mini-Location panel appearance design issues)
- Restored in viewer-development repository.
- BUG EXT-8558 (Add More category picker defaults whenever a clothing item is removed)
- Fixed and sent for a review
- EXT-8722 (Appearance > 'Wearing' tab: Add Take off / Detach function to the gear menu)
- Task VWR-20702 (Snowstorm Sprint 2: As a User who's customized the bottom bar of the Viewer UI, I also want to be able to control the order of the buttons as they appear in the UI.)
- WIP. Estimate ~3 days.
- Task VWR-20702
- analyze d&d in favorites, add similar to bottom tray
- change order of buttons shrinking and disappearing depending on button locations
- save order in settings and use it when creating bottom tray
- investigate inconsistency in distance between buttons
- Order of buttons shrinking and disappearing
- Critical bug EXT-8727 (Crash in LLAppearanceMgr::updateClothingOrderingInfo):
- Posted a defensive fix for review (could not repro though).
- Task VWR-20694 (Enable sidebar to track detaching/attaching tabs):
- Filed, working on it
- Code review, merge.
- Commit EXT-8727 if it gets approved.
- Work on VWR-20694.
- Task (VWR-20694) As a User, I want to undock tabs from the Viewer sidebar so that I can control what tabs are displayed and organize them on my screen in any way I want like I could do in 1.23.
- Fixed some crashes caused by docking/re-docking tabs.
- Investigating undocked tab visibility changes when switching tabs in Side Tray.
- Task (VWR-20694) As a User, I want to undock tabs from the Viewer sidebar ...
- Estimated: 3 days for sub-tasks 4 and 5.
- need design soon
- sidebar docking/undocking design issues (VWR-20694)
- bottom bar button reordering design issues (VWR-20702)
- jira VWR workflow wrangling
- tracking missing fixes
- progress tracking
- GH & new jira demo
- VWR-20702 design - button shrinking/disappearing - follow up with Ben
- completed/in progress tasks need estimates / burndown data
- esablish procedure for taking EXTs from old PE backlog to particular sprint
- follow up future commit process
- out thu-fri next week