From Second Life Wiki
- The meetings timetable shouldn't be restricted to people who have the special apps installed, IMO.
- Is there some way in which we could get the calendar info automatically turned into a web page perhaps? --Morgaine Dinova 04:15, 9 October 2007 (PDT)
sorry, perhaps i should have explained better:
- the first link takes you directly to a web page with the calendar.
- the "Add to your google calendar" link takes you to google calendar where you can add it to your own google calendar.
- the "ICS " link allows you to add the calendar to pretty much any calendar tool.
Dr Scofield 04:56, 9 October 2007 (PDT)
- Here they come: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/97167
- Sorry, this is a german article, but maybe there is the original english version around there, too.
- Summary: Games on Google Earth - there is a tool called "Architectural Wonders" from Multiverse Network for using landscape and other data from google earth for own gaming scenarios.
- In think it wont last long that you can import the generated architectures into the coming Google World environment. Tillie Ariantho 10:50, 10 October 2007 (PDT)
- I've been thinking about what this might actually mean ever since the news broke yesterday, and I still don't have any good theories. It's a press release so it might be just simple PR, or else it might indicate that something new and big is afoot. IBM's general interest was already evident from its presence in-world and involvement in AWG, so is this literally just PR to explain why IBM is here (possibly defensive, given some types of SL content), or does this statement indicate that something new has been given a nod at boardroom level?
- It's fairly easy to read into it a message of "We don't think Second Life is fit for business, but we see potential in a 3D business-supportive environment and would like to develop mechanisms for that together with you, to mutual benefit". Which of course would be a statement of reducing interest in Second Life per se...
- In other words, I found the release very interesting, but I don't know what it means! --Morgaine Dinova 06:09, 11 October 2007 (PDT)