From Second Life Wiki
As of June 2013, from out-of-the-box official Viewer installation:
- General tab
- Name tags = Off
- Away timeout = never
- Graphics tab
- Quality and speed = Ultra. Also see related photo checklist.
- Click Advanced and enable Depth of Field.
- Sound & Media tab
- Mute Streaming music, Media, and Voice Chat unless needed.
- Move & View tab
- Single click on land = No action
- Double click on land = Teleport to clicked point
- Click Other Devices for JOYSTICK CONFIGURATION. Use these settings (as of Feb. 2013) and be sure to uncheck Avatar.
- Uncheck When my friends log in or out
- Maximum Bandwidth = 10000 kbps (This should be the default!)
- Cache = 1024 MB
- Check Allow Multiple Viewers
- Check Show Advanced Menu
- Check Show Developer Menu
- BackgroundYieldTime = 0
- RenderShadowBlurSize = 3
- RenderVolumeLODFactor = 4
- WLSkyDetail = 256
Depth of field
Still experimenting with this after all this time...
- CameraDoFResScale (Blur Quality) = 0.25
- Lowered from the default of 0.7 so that there's more of a gradual ramping when you zoom into a subject. Can provide some analogue-feeling "diffuse blur", like smearing Vaseline on the lens.
- CameraFNumber = 0.001
- CameraFieldOfView = 0.025
- CameraFocalLength = 500
- Lower it for sharper background (like 1) and vice-versa.
- CameraMaxCoF (Circle of Confusion) = 20
- CameraFocusTransitionTime = Increase this to 1 or even 2 seconds for certain machinima shots.
- Uncheck Limit Select Distance
- Check Disable Camera Constraints