From Second Life Wiki
The former Aimee Linden, this page is seriously in need of an update.
- 1 SL Open Source Special Interests
- 2 Viewer Patches Submitted
SL Open Source Special Interests
- The Snowglobe project.
- Joystick/Space Navigator support or other alternate input devices (see and ).
- Mapping ( ).
- Anything to do with the Mac OSX client.
Viewer Patches Submitted
- : Maintain the camera position when leaving flycam mode until the avatar moves (needs some more work).
- Gigs Taggart) now needs reworking to fit OpenAL. : More efficient wind synthesis algorithm (with
- : Use ISO 8601 date format in the group info window, to ensure correct list sorting (should really be extended to use ISO 8601 throughout the client).
- : In client maths parser.
Imported to some internal branch somewhere (Hopefully to emerge in a future viewer sometime)
- : Prevent Space Navigator left button toggling flycam when the window is not in focus.
- : Vestigial reference to friends_only_check in llprefsvoice.cpp
- : Right Space Navigator button should toggle fly in avatar movement mode, instead of jump, when auto-fly is off.
- : Prim falls to 256m when moved off world.
- : Makes it possible to fly or drive vehicles with the joystick.
Committed to SnowGlobe 1.3
- / : Allow panning of the mini-map.
Committed to SnowGlobe 1.2
- / : WaitNextEvent is now deprecated
- / / : Eliminite harmless warnings building mac-updater (remove deprecated Apple FSCopyObject code).
- / : GL_COLOR_INDEX8_EXT Not defined.
- / : Const correctness issues compiling with GCC4.2 on the Mac.
- / : Fix warning "createDummyWidget: Making dummy text named ne_label in mini_mapview"
- / : Add GT 120 and GT 130 to the table of supported GPUs
Committed to SnowGlobe 1.1
- / : Provide a setting to adjust the maximum size of objects displayed on the minimap.
- / : Add a menu option to hide selection outlines.
- / : Gesture auto-completion adds uncommitted suggestions to the line editor history.
- / : Clicking send in an IM window does not add the sent text to the line editor history.
- / : Mini-map text labels incorrectly shown in black on the silver skin.
- / : Mini-map beacon icon doesn't display correctly when beacon position above or below camera.
In SnowGlobe 1.0
- : Increase MiniMap zoom range, and magnify avatar markers at higher zoom levels.
- : Minimap object overlay blurred, or only rendered within a restricted area after resizing the floater.
- : Drop-down to select preset aspect ratios in texture and snapshot preview floaters.
In the 1.23.4 Release Viewer
- : MiniMap - Conversion to XUI, and code clean-up.
- : Relative path to fmod_hidden_symbols.exp breaks Makefiles build on the Mac.
- : Open source build fails on mac_updater and mac_crash_logger targets due to info.plist problems.
- : Exit flycam mode when the joystick is disabled.
- : Various improvements to the land tools floater.
- : Indicator button for flycam mode.
- : Wakes from AFK when moving the joystick, preventing sleeping avatars walking around!
- : Turns manipulation of objects with the joystick in build mode off by default.
- : Makes the avatar run when you push the SN harder.
- : Enables the full range of motion when walking (i.e. allows walking diagonally etc.)
- : Makes the autofly option also apply to the joystick and makes it jump in no-fly areas.
- : Adds OK and Cancel buttons to the joystick setup window.
- : Stops the jump button interrupting other movements.
- : Allows the joystick to be used to move the avatar while in build mode.
- : Clicking "Land and L$" tab in group info window crashes the viewer.
- : Object layer on the mini-map misaligned.
- : Fix to display friends on the mini-map in yellow instead of green.
- : Turn off the microphone when ending private voice calls.
- : Text entry box disabled on received group IM sessions.
- Felix Duesenburg) : Present list of alt avatars upon login (based on original patch by
- : Prevents involuntary camera movements when leaving build mode.
- : Ambient sounds should be affected by the master volume. Work was duplicated internally.
- : More visible land brush. Still using in my own viewers as I find the new land brush arrows hide the land contour too much for accurate terraforming.
- : Optionally hide voice indicators.