User:Jack Linden/Office Hour/2009-03-12

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

[12:04] Jack Linden: hello hello!

[12:04] Melodie Darwin: hi Jack

[12:04] Dytska Vieria: Hi Jack, good afternoon!

[12:04] Jonit Ivory: Hi

[12:04] Driftwood Miles: hello Jack

[12:04] Uni Ninetails: Hiya Jack

[12:04] Fontte Newbold: Guess what? Good news.

[12:05] Drongle McMahon: I told you .... he didn't know about DST.

[12:05] Fontte Newbold: You get to wake up an hour early like the rest of us now :D

[12:05] Fontte Newbold: Or move the hours to reflect SLT. :)

[12:05] Ciaran Laval: Ye Gods I forgot about that

[12:05] Jack Linden: :) I'm in SF at the moment so my times are pretty messed up which has been fun

[12:06] Fontte Newbold: That'd do it! Given the hashish cloud sort of hovers over Silicon Valley... :D

[12:06] Jack Linden: anyway, how are we all.. ? i've the next hour to talk through stuff so who has something to bring up?

[12:06] Melodie Darwin: Jack, my kid was going to be entering the teen grid in a few weeks. The issue of a merged grid keeps getting non-answers. As a parent there is NOOOOOO way I would let my kid near a merged grid even if there is a Porn Town seperated. LL cannot control the possibilities of who a teen could meet. It sounds more like the start of a Dateline predators special. Can you please give some real answers on this? (As is my kid will wait until turning 18 at this point).

[12:06] Drongle McMahon: Well, sitting here for an hour has not been fun. Took of work early and have to go back now.

[12:07] Ciaran Laval: If you're going to merge the grids spit it out now so business owners can plan, seriously Jack this needs early warning.

[12:07] Charlene Trudeau: hiya, Jack

[12:07] Drongle McMahon: I wanted to ask whether you could get something done to clean up Govenor Linden plots with litter, banlies etc.

[12:07] Dytska Vieria: There have been 16's for auction.

[12:07] Jack Linden: Melodie, i think your question is a very serious one and I agree it is difficult right now as we work through todays blog post. Have you asked that question in the related forums?

[12:07] Drongle McMahon: They are proliferating. You could get a bot to set the autoreturn etc.

[12:08] Jack Linden: Sorry Drongle.. feel free to throw me an email on that

[12:08] Melodie Darwin: others have, it still is getting non answers

[12:08] Drongle McMahon: have to go now.... bye alll.

[12:08] Talarus Luan: Ciao Drongle

[12:08] Uni Ninetails: Bai

[12:08] Jack Linden: As it stands right now, merging or not merging, those are not related to the announcement at all. this isn't a prelude to anything relating to TG

[12:09] Melodie Darwin: is it even a possibility?

[12:09] Jack Linden: So melodie, I'd be inclined to just go ahead as if the TG will remain as it is now.

[12:09] Marianne McCann: Back again at the other 11:00

[12:10] Jack Linden: Well, it's one of many possibilities so I wouldn't rule it out but neither do we have plans to do that. So I'd go ahead and assume no change

[12:11] Ciaran Laval: It's a question you should not keep avoiding. There are major implications if the grids merge, someone should make a statement

[12:11] Marianne McCann: Even if the statement is "There are no plans to do this within 2009, but we are exploring this possibility in the far future?"

[12:11] Jack Linden: Ciaran, i'll pass that on to the folks who are handling todays post but all we'd be able to say is that there is no change currently planned.

[12:11] Melodie Darwin: how far in advance would something like that even be announced? Even if I let her on the TG now, I wouldn't if its a possibility because she would be DONE the second there was a merge

[12:12] Ciaran Laval: Sensibly it should be at least six months to give people time to adjust.

[12:12] Ewan Mureaux: so what does this mean for land Jack, whats going to happen, straight wswaps for pornoville?

[12:12] Uni Ninetails: Imho Business plans dont work well on assumptions.

[12:12] Qie Niangao: About the Mainland Segregation Act of 2009: How will the new, adults-okay land get handed out, and how will you dispose of the vast emptiness left on the existing continents?

[12:12] Jack Linden: again, i can't really speculate on speculation.. as it stands, we've no plans to change it.

[12:12] Fontte Newbold: If it were me, I'd wait until LL itself even knew what the policy was. Sounds to me like you're inquiring at the memo and internal email phase.

[12:13] Kyrion Yalin: Greetings

[12:13] Fontte Newbold: Though as an observation, it's usually better to include residents in making these kinds of decisions. :)

[12:13] Jack Linden: I do think that Ciaran is right, big changes take time to work through so nothing will happen suddenly

[12:14] Ewan Mureaux: ok how about something they are supposed to have a policy on but we still havent actually seen. Jack what do I do about donut holes in my land where the owner is unresponsive, are you actually going to do anything about it or what? And if so what route do I take?

[12:14] Charlene Trudeau: like this one on the adult content?

[12:14] Ciaran Laval: or Openspaces....

[12:14] Jack Linden: Ewan, you'll see some more info on that i'm sure but we'll be trying to make any changes individuals have to make as seamless as we can

[12:14] Talarus Luan: When?

[12:14] Ciaran Laval: Wouldn't it be better to create a G-Rated continent and let if grow organically rather than shifting people around like this and causing unease in the land market?

[12:14] Ewan Mureaux: after the post about traffic bots?

[12:15] Qie Niangao: "Unease", Ciaran? That's a nice way of putting it!

[12:15] Jack Linden: Yes Fontte, we've started a conversation and given some information on general direction. We're now looking for feedback and comment

[12:15] Ewan Mureaux: its a novel idea but it would be great if you got your house in order before you built a new porno patio

[12:16] Jack Linden: At the simplest level, we're just looking at making the experience more predictable. Just as you wouldn't expect to see very graphic imagery in the NYTimes frontpage, that material is still available but you would choose to go find it.

[12:16] Ciaran Laval: lol Qie you have to put things nicely here, it's only a mature sim ;)

[12:17] Fontte Newbold: As a meta-issue, standardizing the communication process is probably a good route. It at least gives people the chance to be part of the process. :)

[12:17] Fontte Newbold: But I digress.

[12:17] Fontte Newbold: Seeing as that's why we're here.

[12:17] Melodie Darwin: Will there be a channel to proactively answer if something is adult enough to move to the porn ghetto? There are alot of shades of grey... romantic, cuddle, suggestive dance poseballs. Publicly accessible sex beds, but not in a sex club. etc. (And will this mean that G-Team will have office hours again?) It would be nice to not have to defend against warnings etc if possible.

[12:17] Ciaran Laval: But I can buy adult material in the same store that sells the NY Times, the store doesn't get shifted to Pornoville

[12:17] Talarus Luan: Well, don't you all already have this defined in the ToS and via the Mature/PG ratings system? What else are your trying to add?

[12:17] Qie Niangao: The vast majority of M land contains only PG content. The vast majority of the Adult continent will *also* contain only PG content. People just don't want to be told they can't have adult content, ever.

[12:17] Fontte Newbold: I think we need a new rating: "CYA"

[12:17] Jack Linden: Melodie, i do expect that picture will get clearer over time yes

[12:18] Ciaran Laval: Whereas there are no alcohol sales on Cadbury family land, hence you can opt into that if you want to live there

[12:18] Ewan Mureaux: when all the residents say CYA laters i'm off to another platform?

[12:18] Jack Linden: Ciaran, yes but you've made that choice. You're not having that material just pushed in front of you as you walk to work

[12:18] Ciaran Laval: Your TOS already covers that Jack, it shouldn't be in my face even in a mature sim.

[12:19] Talarus Luan: You don't have that now, Jack.

[12:19] Ewan Mureaux: but Jack we already have community standars covering that broadly visible mature content

[12:19] Marianne McCann will be right back.

[12:19] Talarus Luan: If you are in a PG sim, there BETTER NOT be any Mature material in your face.

[12:19] Ciaran Laval: You've got this totally arse about face

[12:19] Talarus Luan: Otherwise, you can AR it and have it removed right now.

[12:20] Charlene Trudeau: so this allows for an area for sex on the beach and so on?

[12:20] Qie Niangao: (as if suddenly this will keep the goatse particles out of sandboxes on the "clean" mainland)

[12:20] Talarus Luan: People who wear their prim genitalia in a PG sim also can (and do) get ARed.

[12:20] Fontte Newbold: Ewan: CYA, as in, "Cover Your Ass" :p

[12:20] Charlene Trudeau: perhaps we're looking at it all wrong, that its not so much limiting what exists as adding onto? <trying to keep a straight face>

[12:20] Jack Linden: Well, i definitely urge you to put those views in the forums so that we can get the input. Those are the opinions we need to hear

[12:20] Fontte Newbold: The whole point of ratings systems for businesses. :D

[12:21] Talarus Luan: Well, I mean, isn't that common sense? Does it really need to be pointed out? I feel like Captain Obvious making those points.

[12:22] Talarus Luan: Well, maybe in terms of asking for clarification, but so far, even clarification on existing questions is about as clear as mud. :-/

[12:22] Ewan Mureaux: like every other policy ever?

[12:22] Jack Linden: :) I'm sure that we'll see lots of different perspectives in the replies, and clearer replies from the team handling it will come from that

[12:22] Kyrion Yalin: Jack, why are you loosing your time with minor problems, when you have lots of big problems to deal with?

[12:23] Fontte Newbold: Unfortunately, common sense isn't all that common. And gets us people that wear their genetalia in "cloak" mode instead of putting it away. :p

[12:23] Jack Linden: That's why it's a dialogue, which we're finding to be incredibly useful as we tackle these hard questions

[12:23] Talarus Luan: Yeah, I kinda see this as tangential to the bigger fish we need to fry. :)

[12:23] Kyrion Yalin: Mature and PG has always been part of SL, and people can live with it

[12:23] Talarus Luan: Like the remaining land parasites whom you all "talking to" doesn't seem to be having much effect.

[12:24] Melodie Darwin: I have been finding good ol' fashioned ad farming on high priced parcels... the AR's of which still have not gotten them removed. How will the AR system be any better when its not responding to things which violated the TOS since last year?

[12:24] Fontte Newbold: Ultimately, it's a question of reasonable expectations of content.

[12:24] Jack Linden: Kyrion.. there are folks handling this blog post which is obviously strongly linked to land but isn't detracting from our efforts to work on land improvements

[12:24] Fontte Newbold: As far as I'm aware, the resident should bear the burden for that.

[12:24] Talarus Luan: We've also got listings of people violating the adfarm policy, using a form of "group affiliate" to get around the 50 limit

[12:24] Fontte Newbold: Leaving blanket systems like "PG" and "Mature" to give an overarching structure upon which to base their decisions.

[12:24] Ciaran Laval: Is that Rez Ads Talarus?

[12:24] Melodie Darwin: and networked ads which are no mod and not phantom

[12:25] Fontte Newbold: Ahhh yes, affiliate networks...

[12:25] Talarus Luan: Yeah RezAds

[12:25] Jack Linden: Melodie, send me those AR numbers. But my impression from the team is that we're at a 100% clear rate on those right now so let me dig into that

[12:25] Talarus Luan: and DAD Bingyi

[12:25] Melodie Darwin: hes had multiple signs right next to each other

[12:26] Jack Linden: Tal.. I think we've been looking at that issue recently as it came up in the data. I'll look into it more

[12:27] Talarus Luan: OK. That's what we have on the matter.

[12:27] Jack Linden: thanks, passing it on now

[12:28] Ewan Mureaux: Jack can you tell us one thing that is like an absolute fact regarding land cutting and all that, just one actual thing that we could take away with us, that would be cool, no more waiting maybe, we will announce, we are discussing

[12:28] Talarus Luan: As to the microparcel extortion issues, Prince has put his 96sqm roadside back up for L$19999. While it isn't a donut hole or a piece of a larger cut plot anymore, it's just another one of his "eat me" activities.

[12:29] Ciaran Laval: I'm not seeing much change at all on the 16M parcels near me.

[12:29] Talarus Luan: Yeah, Primlands hasn't changed near me

[12:29] Timo Daehlie: jack last week over 26 volunteers helped to rejoin microlplots, over 600 of them were offered and rejoined with bordering neighbours. can you understand they were a bit shocked that later on this week Lindenlabs offered 16m2s in land list for like L$ 1 per m2, ready to be picked up by extorioners

[12:29] Jack Linden: Sure Ewan, let me see.. we've identified the top 30 accounts which equates to 18 or so individuals. We've spoken to almost all of those now and are setting expectation of our timeline for them to resolve their own holdings down

[12:29] Ewan Mureaux: the only thing that appears to have happened is that the one legit 16m parcel owner has given his to Arbor

[12:29] Qie Niangao: Right: at current prices, I'd be better off just abandoning my existing land and starting over, compared with paying-off all the extortionists in and around me (Prince & Primlands, mostly)

[12:29] Jack Linden: That includes talking about price and sheer number of microparcels.

[12:30] Talarus Luan: Oh? Anything you can share with us regarding timelines?

[12:30] Kyrion Yalin: Yes Timo, we are working to clear mainland and Lindens are doing exectly the invers. Is this normal, Jack?

[12:31] Jack Linden: Now we're just keeping that going to ensure we're seeing significant change over the next few weeks. If we're not seeing that commitment then we'll have to look at the next steps we have to take.

[12:31] Talarus Luan: O.o

[12:31] Dytska Vieria: I think they are laughing.

[12:31] Talarus Luan: Yeah, I know they are. :-/

[12:31] Jack Linden: Timo.. when did we do that?

[12:31] Talarus Luan: I would be.

[12:31] Timo Daehlie: this week jack

[12:32] Jack Linden: Was that through auction?

[12:32] Timo Daehlie: chaos mohr did sent you a notecard and i also have written down auction numbers

[12:32] Timo Daehlie: yes

[12:32] Timo Daehlie: got two examples for you

[12:32] Ewan Mureaux: no not through auction, throug hsearch

[12:32] Jack Linden: okay.. i get zillions of notecards so it can be tough to get to them all

[12:32] Qie Niangao: you know damned well that Prince and Hallard will never move to any timeline other than direct confiscation.

[12:32] Ewan Mureaux: in general land sales

[12:33] Timo Daehlie: id 2620284716 + 26201412

[12:35] Talarus Luan: I think the incredulity in the dialogue so far comes from the "what's my incentive to comply?" route. "We expect you to comply and reduce your holdings and/or prices in an effort to recombine microparcels." "OK. Or else what?"

[12:35] Jack Linden: Timo, will look at that. We shouldn't be doing open sale on micro-parcels

[12:35] Timo Daehlie: we thaught so

[12:35] Talarus Luan: I mean, they may not SAY "or else what?" to you, but you KNOW they are thinking it.

[12:36] Jack Linden: Tal, if those groups are not prepared to work with us to improve the mainland, then we will have to do whatever is necessary to fix it. Our motivation is simply around making Mainland as good as it can be

[12:36] Ewan Mureaux: just bloody do it then

[12:36] Melodie Darwin: even if they are reducing their holdings, they are still getting picked up by land flippers

[12:36] Ewan Mureaux: over a year of threatening them

[12:36] Ewan Mureaux: and NOTHING

[12:37] Ewan Mureaux: we'll take this from you and that but we wont go to the route of the problem

[12:37] Talarus Luan: Oh, it's a noble cause, to be sure. The issue is that you're not giving THEM much in the way of motivation, other than some nebulous future threat of action.

[12:37] Talarus Luan: I mean, isn't the whole point of setting a timeline and expectations intended to be inclusive of the consequences of non-compliance?

[12:37] Qie Niangao: Frankly, I think they expect to be able to get their asking price from LL

[12:37] Talarus Luan: Not "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it".

[12:38] Ewan Mureaux: dont put stuff on your land, ok put stuff but make it in these guidleines. oh well you better rejoin it or else!

[12:38] Kyrion Yalin: Talarus, i would say, any action

[12:38] Jack Linden: Well, I'm not in those conversations directly so I don't know exactly how the governance folks are handling the first conversations. But we don't want this to be a long drawn out thing, we want significant improvement and soon

[12:38] Ewan Mureaux: so in the next year where they wait for your next stern talking to the are extorting thousands from people who are too sick and tired of them or dont know any better

[12:38] Talarus Luan: Well, don't you think you should be at least privy to those conversations?

[12:39] Fontte Newbold: Or bring a representative to these meetings? :p

[12:39] Ciaran Laval: The longer it goes on the more likely we are to see new people entering the game of microparcel plot sales.

[12:39] Talarus Luan: I mean, this is looked at as your ball of wax.

[12:39] Qie Niangao: What movement have we seen, at all? MLGHK decided to sell a few of their ad parcels at only mid-extortion prices, and good ol' Elan gave all his away.

[12:39] Talarus Luan: Cytherea changed sides.

[12:39] Qie Niangao: ah, good point.

[12:40] Ciaran Laval: Elan would give them away to neighbours most of the time anyway

[12:40] Jack Linden: I only wish I could be in that many places at once! But I have to delegate and act as the escalation point. It's a process and I get that it isn't going quickly enough for you guys.

[12:40] Fontte Newbold: I believe the technical term is, "Jumped the shark."

[12:40] Talarus Luan: We HAVE seen movement, no doubt, but it's not really having much of an effect on those whom we didn't expect it to have much effect on, namely, Prince and Austin

[12:40] Talarus Luan: That's what good ol' reports are for. :D

[12:40] Talarus Luan: Not the TPS kind, though. >.>

[12:41] Jack Linden: Qie.. there have been some swings actually, the volume of 16m parcels for sale is heading down, the L$ value of those is also dropping

[12:41] Ewan Mureaux: the artificially inflated value that is not the true value

[12:41] Talarus Luan: From what I know of Prince, he won't change until you pry his land from his cold, permabanned fingers.

[12:41] Qie Niangao: I've seen some 16s combined into larger 32, 48, 64 microparcels, still for sale at high prices.

[12:41] Jack Linden: it's both Ewan, it's the value Set and the transacted value of those sold

[12:42] Coko Cale: lol

[12:42] Talarus Luan: Well, he has stated utter contempt for LL quite a number of times in chat to several people.

[12:43] Ewan Mureaux: still i have say one of our plots 61,000m 4 cuts right in the middle within say a 50m square you know they completely devalue the res of the sim, how is that not another form of harassment?

[12:43] Talarus Luan: Hell, at one point, he even BLAMED LL for "forcing" him into the business of landcutting/extortion to begin with.

[12:43] Qie Niangao: Fair enough, Jack: you can't see all this happening first-hand. But improvements are few and far-between so far.

[12:43] Melodie Darwin: so what can be done in the meantime regarding donut holes? Ewan asked earlier, and my ticket regarding one is still open

[12:43] Kyrion Yalin: last week i ve seen Austin's 16sqm sold at $9999

[12:44] Talarus Luan: I've also got bits and pieces of a 256sqm square plot that was checkerboarded by him, but that Harry evicted him from in the corner of Great Pubnico.

[12:44] Talarus Luan: The four corners are owned by LL now.

[12:44] Talarus Luan: Gov Linden

[12:44] Ewan Mureaux: so real people are being taken for real dollars while you dilly-dally around pleading with people to give up their "business"

[12:44] Melodie Darwin: (I had ARd it previously with no response there either)

[12:44] Talarus Luan: But I still have a Primlands NFS hole, and an Excellence network adspot cut out of it, too.

[12:45] Jack Linden: Doughnut holes.. if it's clearly scamming, we'll deal with through governance. If people inherit a doughnut shaped parcel fairly, that's harder to really fix unless there is a land swap we can do to resolve it.

[12:45] Jack Linden: But that needs the owner of the hole and doughnut to agree.

[12:45] Melodie Darwin: it became a donut because the auction parcel that had it in there

[12:45] Jack Linden: Melodie, are you saying that we auctioned a doughnut shaped parcel?

[12:46] Melodie Darwin: yes

[12:46] Talarus Luan: Well, some donut owners need a bit of arm-twisting to get them to agree. :)

[12:46] Jack Linden: Ah okay. That doesn't sound cool.

[12:46] Qie Niangao: OFFS. A donut hole is a donut hole, however it got there. Any estate manager would just frickin' *fix* it.

[12:46] Uni Ninetails nods

[12:46] Talarus Luan: Well, that's what Harry did in GP.

[12:46] Melodie Darwin: if all of the abandoned land is combined and auctioned as one parcel, it doesnt resolve those and only perpetuates it

[12:47] Talarus Luan: I mean, I am happy (mostly) for how the situation in GP has turned out. However, it needs to happen all over the grid.

[12:47] Qie Niangao: well, I've got four or five of those scarred burnt-out adfarms in my vicinity... can I expect Harry to have to respond to each of them individually? That can't be cost-effective.

[12:48] Jack Linden: hmm, so maybe we need to be more proactive about fixing the land up. by the way, when we come across 16s owned by Arbor.. that we could use to create better/larger parcels.. how do you guys want to deal with that Timo?

[12:49] Talarus Luan: Just let Timo know, and they are yours, I would presume. :)

[12:49] Timo Daehlie: just drop a notecard ;)

[12:49] Ewan Mureaux: I think arbor need to be careful in releasing them to LL since they may just be sold at extortion rates through auction

[12:49] Ewan Mureaux: just an opinion :/

[12:49] Talarus Luan: That or just take em, but inform that they were taken. I suppose that would need explicit permission, though.

[12:49] Talarus Luan: Yeah.. that has to stop.

[12:50] Dytska Vieria: Expedient would be better than Proactive.

[12:50] Jack Linden: Timo.. would you guys be okay with us taking those?

[12:50] Timo Daehlie: yes

[12:50] Qie Niangao: Heh. Timo should have held out for a "timeline" :p

[12:50] Talarus Luan chuckles

[12:50] Timo Daehlie: you have our permission

[12:50] Melodie Darwin: so there isnt anything I can do except pay the extortionate rate for the donut?

[12:51] Talarus Luan: yeah, you all need to get a handle on auctioning microparcels right damn now. That is throwing kegs of black powder into a bonfire.

[12:52] Ciaran Laval: yeah Timo play hardball ;)

[12:52] Jack Linden: Yeah, I'll remind the team that we don't auction 16s or doughnuts, or eclairs.

[12:52] Fontte Newbold: Mm, twinkies.

[12:52] Talarus Luan: or waffles :D

[12:52] Timo Daehlie: ;)

[12:52] Jack Linden: definitely not waffles

[12:52] Charlene Trudeau: lol

[12:52] Uni Ninetails: hehe

[12:52] Ciaran Laval: No Twinky talk!

[12:52] Fontte Newbold: :D

[12:52] Talarus Luan: OK. So, again, regarding timelines. What should *we* expect?

[12:53] Jack Linden: with regards to which bit Tal.. ?

[12:53] Fontte Newbold: Besides an address and a shotgun, gratis.

[12:53] Ewan Mureaux: Q3?

[12:53] Talarus Luan: The part where the extortionist folks have to clean up their messes before you come back with your next requirements discussion with them.

[12:54] Fontte Newbold: Basically, where's the carrot and the stick for fixing their land?

[12:54] Jack Linden: Ah i see. If you guys aren't seeing significant change this time next month, you can come prod me. But you really should see some changes soon

[12:54] Talarus Luan: Well, more to the point, when should we expect to come back with the torches and pitchforks next?

[12:54] Ewan Mureaux: is soon next to resolved in the SL? dictionary?

[12:55] Jack Linden: It's hard because i obviously can't talk about the details of other residents and their accounts. But there has been progress, agreement etc already on some fronts.

[12:55] Jack Linden: But with thousands of parcels it takes some time

[12:55] Melodie Darwin: some:/

[12:55] Talarus Luan: Well, you don't have to talk about specific cases, but you would have had to come to some kind of general plan before you went and talked with them, I would presume?

[12:55] Ewan Mureaux: its not like you spoke to them and they went "oh that, I didn;t think I was bothering anyone"

[12:56] Ciaran Laval: lol Ewan

[12:56] Jack Linden: :)

[12:56] Talarus Luan: That general plan is what we want to know about, because, really, it directly impacts *us*.

[12:57] Talarus Luan: So, by April 12th, if there hasn't been "satisfactory" movement, we are to come back here and expect ... what?

[12:57] Dytska Vieria: May 12th...

[12:57] Qie Niangao: lol Dytska

[12:57] Jack Linden: let me see if I can get a clear status, anonymised, for next week. i'll try to bring some data with me

[12:57] Kyrion Yalin: Jack, how many times will you say 'you will see significant changes soon' before you can say 'guys it s resolved' ?

[12:57] Dytska Vieria: a form of lag.

[12:57] Talarus Luan: Sshhh... I am trying to be serious here.. I know it is hard. :P

[12:57] Kyrion Yalin: you don t stop saying that

[12:58] Talarus Luan: Stop before I channel Inigo Montoya. :P

[12:58] Jack Linden: :)

[12:58] Talarus Luan: I SOOO need to upload that as a gesture sound bite. :D

[12:59] Fontte Newbold: My name is Inigo Montoya, you are an ad farmer, prepare to die?

[12:59] Charlene Trudeau: if you do, please share <G>

[12:59] Charlene Trudeau: lol

[12:59] Charlene Trudeau: roflmao

[12:59] Jack Linden: Kyrion.. i get that you guys want this to be quick (or at least less slow), but we go as quickly as time and resource allows.

[12:59] Talarus Luan: "You keeping using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means."

[12:59] Ewan Mureaux: maybe we should all move to porno-continent when it comes online as it will presumable be an offense to cut that up

[12:59] Talarus Luan: Well, no, Jack, if we wanted it quick, we would have expected it done in a week or so. We've become accustomed to the month/year timelines of LL by now. :)

[12:59] Ciaran Laval: Sure Jack that's fair enough but we'd like to see a little progress

[13:00] Dytska Vieria: Is there going to be a blog about bots anytime soon?

[13:00] Jack Linden: Dytska.. yes. We just want to make sure we can be definitive (ironically so that we can enact change more quickly)

[13:01] Jack Linden: I'm down to talk about Bots next Tues or Wed currently.

[13:01] Melodie Darwin volunteers her neighbors stripper bots to move to porn town first

[13:01] Uni Ninetails: Established frame work expedites future actions...

[13:01] Fontte Newbold: We have much work to do before we can report our total failure to make any progress.

[13:01] Uni Ninetails snorts

[13:02] Talarus Luan: Heh.. Prince's camping spot in oh.. where was that sim, Timo? .. should be next. :P

[13:02] Timo Daehlie: ragdol

[13:02] Melodie Darwin: lol

[13:03] Jack Linden: :) okays, I'd best go and make some magic happen. thanks all for sticking around and apologies for the DST mixup!

[13:03] Timo Daehlie: 4-corners & her 40 alts HQ

[13:03] Qie Niangao: thanks, Jack.

[13:03] Talarus Luan: Is OK. Back to normal time next week?

[13:03] Melodie Darwin: thanks

[13:03] Uni Ninetails: thanks

[13:03] Marianne McCann: Bye Bye!!

[13:03] Alexxa Despres: Bye ;)

[13:03] Ciaran Laval: Cheers Jack

[13:03] Fontte Newbold: Well, the normal time offset by one hour. :p

[13:03] Fontte Newbold: *mumble mumble DST*

[13:04] Jack Linden: hehe. did you guys see the Tonight Live broadcast by the way?

[13:04] Dytska Vieria: The sign needs to be changed to PDT as well.

[13:04] Ciaran Laval: This is the normal time for me!

[13:04] Kyrion Yalin: Bye Jack, see you next week

[13:04] Talarus Luan: Nup. What's that?

[13:04] Uni Ninetails: No but im living in a box with wifi atm

[13:04] Jack Linden: I was guest on Tonight Live.. which was just incredibly fun.

[13:04] Jack Linden:

[13:05] Uni Ninetails: ooo ty

[13:05] Qie Niangao: cool!

[13:05] Ciaran Laval: dang I was going to go to that, I remember then that US clocks had gone forward so it was an hour earlier

[13:05] Fontte Newbold: 50/50 this will crash Firefox.

[13:05] Jack Linden: anyways must run. bye for now!