Viewerhelp:Types and sizes of land
From Second Life Wiki
|Important: This article has been translated. The translation was imported on 26 Apr 2010. Any changes will require re-export for incremental translation.|
Land can either be located on:
- Mainland - Linden Lab-administrated and made of non-contiguous continents.
- Estate - Most estates are private estates owned by Residents.
How can you tell?
- Choose World > Place Profile > About Land.
- In About Land - General, look where it says Type and Owner. Mainland is always owned by Governor Linden.
From smallest to biggest land parcels, some important terms are:
- Divided part of a region owned by a Resident or a group.
- A parcel can be as small as 16 m2 or as big as the entire region.
- Every mainland parcel owner has a Premium or Concierge account (if you own half of a mainland region or more), but you you can buy (lease) parcels with a Basic account on private estates.
- Settings are controlled in About Land.
- One or more regions owned by and billed to a Resident, called the estate owner, and optionally managed by up to ten estate managers.
- Every estate owner has a Concierge account.
- Estate managers have almost all the powers of the estate owner.
- An estate's regions don't have to be contiguous.
- Settings are controlled in Region/Estate, specifically the Estate tab.
- Second Life world - grid
- Doesn't have a single owner, but is overall run by Linden Lab.
- News appears on Grid Status Reports.
Continue to: Buying versus renting