New Resident Island (New Resident Services Group)
NEW RESIDENT ISLAND (NRI)
Home to New Resident Services help group, New Resident Island will welcome you to a great and safe virtual environment.
For an alternative experience in interactive helping, feel free to visit New Resident Island! Basic colourful tutorials including the official SL viewer 3, free shopping at the medieval village, fantasy learning garden. NRS Guides Helpers are affiliated Volunteers. They are willing to help with high standards of assistance by sharing knowledge and useful tips in Second Life®. New Resident Island is designed for simple and fun learning. Have fun with your new Residents.
Of course, even though New Resident Island has dedicated Helpers, the White Tiger Mentors group always will be welcome to help at this private location if needed, at any time!
Obviously, the White Tiger Mentors can also help at the Help Islands, Social Islands or Official Infohubs if needed.
Feel free to visit us, we will support you as best we can, that's our priority in Second Life®.
Here is the SLurl to New Resident Island. Enjoy!
How To Join & Guidelines
- The applications for membership as Mentor Apprentice must be sent in-world with a notecard to a listed Co-Owner of the group. The title of this notecard must preferably include the Username used to create the SL account instead of the display name used in-world, with the following format: <Your Username> - WTM Application.
- The applications will be subject to screening. The profiles must be G rated. Any inappropriate membership is subject to revision at any time, based upon WTM Management discretion. At least 6 months of practice in Second Life® is required to apply.
- The applications can include informations such as any other places you have helped out at, what viewers you are familiar with, if you have any specific interests in SL such as creating, fashion, health groups, any languages you fluently speak and so on. If you don't have any experience or skills and just want to help with basics for the Newcomers that is perfectly fine.
- Membership as Mentor Apprentice is for a period of 3 months maximum. The Trainees that have not completed the training within these 3 months will be removed from the group. However, if they still wish to become a White Tiger Mentor, they can apply again for another training, but one time only. It means they will have to start a new training from the beginning.
- White Tiger Mentors group is a Member of the approved Resident Help Network, therefore a WTM training is required to become a Mentor/Linguist in this group and will be provided in-world, effective March 10, 2010.
- The Linguist role in the group is optional, and reserved for qualified Mentors. They must be able to fluently speak at least 2 languages to get it, more than 2 will be appreciated.
- General talk is OK, but disputes, unauthorized advertising, spam of any kind or politics about software in both group channels will not be appreciated and can lead to loss of membership at any time and without prior notice.
- Any in-world activity that is against ToS, CS or WTM Tao will lead to a definitive removal from both groups. Do not forget to detach your WTM tag when you are not actively mentoring.
- Due to the size of the group, the ability to send Group Notices have been permanently disabled for Mentors, effective January 30, 2010. If you have a group notice to send, please do send a notecard to a Co-Owner for review and posting.
- All Members of both groups have to abide by the Second Life Terms of Service and Community Standards. The White Tiger Mentors must also follow the WTM Tao of Volunteers below.
White Tiger Mentors: Member of the approved Resident Help Network (RHN), official Linden Lab's program. Active Volunteers who are willing to help people by sharing knowledge and useful tips.
Real international Network of assistance for online, 3D virtual environment Users (SL). At least 6 months of practice in Second Life® is required to become a White Tiger Volunteer. This is a Q&A group (General rated).
New Resident Services: Community help for new & older SL Residents. This is a G rated group, which means no adult topics or language. Please respect our choice of maturity rating. Do feel free to say 'Hi' in the group or ask questions. No spamming, no commerce. Thank you. :-)
Who We Are
NRS Guide Helper or White Tiger Mentor?
The Newcomers can ask to join the New Resident Services group at any time for a good experience regarding the group channel usage and any other basic learning. When they consider they are experienced enough and want to become Helpers themselves in the NRS group, they will have to follow a basic training to get the role of NRS Guide Helper.
If the NRS Guides Helpers want to provide more technical knowledge to people, they can apply to join the WTM group as Mentor Apprentice for a period of 3 months maximum. Afterwards they will have to complete a training session, including a simulation of mentoring (RP) and a shadowing session with a Mentor Instructor. The Mentors Instructors will advise the group Owners that the WTM Cadets are ready to be a qualified RHN Mentor/Linguist and the Owners will make the final decision to accept them as Mentor or Linguist, according to the skills of the Applicants.
- Note: The NRS Guides Helpers can stay in the NRS group even if they successfully have been trained to get the WTM Mentor/Linguist role, however the NRS Group Helper title is allowed to help people at New Resident Island only (NRI).