User talk:ObviousAltIsObvious Resident
Thank you for the many useful wiki edits. I run across yours now and again when I'm using the wiki as a reference myself. --Soft Linden 12:57, 10 December 2013 (PST)
Shoot. I didn't realize until now that I've been taking you for granted. I'm sorry. Thank you for your hard work, I really appreciate it. -- Strife (talk|contribs) 21:56, 10 December 2013 (PST)
<lsl> tag conversion
walking thru Category:LSL Functions, have got as far as llGetWallclock ... need to break for RL stuff. Lady Sumoku has been barreling through some of the other categories this morning! --ObviousAltIsObvious Resident (talk) 02:17, 22 January 2015 (PST)
*waves*Couldn't sleep, and the formatting change was bugging me until I saw you fixing them. I did most of the "LSL Reference" section (at least one level down) except for Constants and Errors. (And Functions, since you were on that!) --Lady Sumoku (talk) 02:35, 22 January 2015 (PST)
Trying to get to the top of the wiki spammer ranking I see. Thank you both for working on this. -- Strife (talk|contribs) 13:18, 23 January 2015 (PST)
- I feel as if this may come across as bitchy and/or unhelpful, but: Swapping out tags can be done in no time with little effort by using a MediaWiki function/extension using regex to search and replace strings which is already part of this wiki. All this manual labour makes my head spin. Call me lazy if you like, but why waste energy doing the work of machines?
- P.S. The common JS is laughably bad and out of date, and I'm guessing (not looked) that the CSS will be as bad. Someone really ought to clean them up. fredgandt 13:40, 23 January 2015 (PST)
- Manually reviewed changes are a deliberate choice. See the messes that were made with the use of automated tools on http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/15/1.html and http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Scripting-Library/bd-p/2122 for why. --ObviousAltIsObvious Resident (talk) 14:15, 23 January 2015 (PST)
- I considered suggesting changing this to use a template that specified the tag (this way it we wouldn't have to worry about doing this again). Who wants to do the <cpp> and <php> tags? I'm going to work on redoing primitive params (collapsible sections will make it rock). -- Strife (talk|contribs) 16:58, 23 January 2015 (PST)
- Knew this change was going to have to come sooner or later, and did think about that. Like-for-like substitution was less likely to disturb the syntax in the existing template soup, and we're reasonably safe for a long time since we're now in sync with that Wikipedia and Wikia use. --ObviousAltIsObvious Resident (talk) 17:16, 23 January 2015 (PST)
- I am of a simliar mindset about the "auto" fixing. While it's nice when it works, it is usually much more trouble in the instances where it doesn't. I was skimming over each page to make sure my changes weren't doing anything I didn't want them to. Long and boring, sure. But I didn't want to cause a mess later for someone else.
I didn't even realize that geshi got changed to "lsl2", I spent way too long trying to figure out where I screwed up, and almost went crazy. -Cow Taurog (talk) 09:54, 6 April 2015 (PDT)