Mesh Import Mods Test
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Verify that models with properly named LOD and Phys content upload correctly and that new features for debugging mesh upload function correctly.
- Optional? We can start at whatever point in the art pipeline that makes sense so this may be overkill...
- Load into Maya DCC tool.
- Verify the Maya binary contains a main mesh, LOD meshes,
and a mesh for the Phys rep of the object.
- Upload with default options and rez it.
- Verify it looks like a duck, is sitting upright, and is about 1.5m tall.
- Check the "Include: Textures, Skin weight, and Joint positions" check boxes in the Modifiers tab.
- Verify the Upload button will not enable (because some joints are invalid)
- Uncheck the "Include: Skin weight, and Joint positions" check boxes in the Modifiers tab.
- Upload and rez the model, taking care to note where you rez it because it will be very small.
- Scale the model up to avatar size.
- Verify it looks like a boy with goggles.
- Click "Select Face" in the edit tools, then click the goggles, then pick a different color in the Texture tab of the edit tools.
- Verify you can change the color of the goggles while the rest of the model remains white.
- Check the "Include: Skin weight, and Joint positions" check boxes in the Modifiers tab.
- Upload and rez the model.
- Attach the model to your avatar.
- Hide your avatar skin by wearing "Library/Body Parts/Alpha Masks/Invisible Avatar"
- Verify the simplebot model is the size of your avatar.
- Walk forward and verify the simplebot model animates just as your avatar does.
- (You can restore your avatar skin by opening the Current Outfit folder, right clicking "Invisible Avatar" and Take Off.)