Open Grid Public Beta/Teleport How To
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Remember that you need to accept the invitation to the Gridnauts group on the Preview Grid (Aditi) before you attempt to teleport. See the preview grid login instructions.
Download and Install Open Grid Viewer
- Download the viewer from here.
- The viewer is named "Open Grid" so you can install it without conflict with your existing Second Life viewer.
- Launch the viewer.
- If you have the grid dropdown selector visible (obtained with Control+⇧ Shift+G), then you must set the grid name to "Aditi" (not Agni nor Vaak), because the OGP grid's Agent Domain is running on Aditi.
- Note the new field, "Region URL" in the lower right hand pane of the splash/login screen.
- In this new field, enter "https://sim1.vaak.lindenlab.com:12043/cap/8656050e-a1b4-81ad-70d3-ba94971599c3", without quotes and without a trailing slash (see VWR-8382 ).
- Enter your user name and password, and press connect. (Your avatar must belong to the Gridnauts inworld group)
- When you login, you will be 'ruthed'.
- The system may also ask if you want your avatar to be male or female.
- Note that you will not have access to your inventory.
Teleporting to an Open Sim Region
- From the "World" menu, select "Teleport Region".
- The teleport floater will only display if you originally logged in with a Region URL.
- Enter the URL of your patched OpenSim region.
- Press teleport.
- You will rez, once again, 'ruthed' on your OpenSim region.
- You can check "Help" > "About" from the menu to confirm that you are on your OpenSim region.
Congratulations! Gridnaut. You've Teleported Across The Grid!
A list of public regions to connect to is here: Public Regions
Send a screenshot of your avatar (with nametag) and the about screen to the gridnauts list for your special Gridnaut bear.
- If you see the not in gridnauts message when logging into the Open Grid viewer, please check your account on the beta grid with a release viewer to confirm you are in the gridnauts group.
- If you show up as a 'puffball' ruth on an externally hosted sim, right click on yourself and select 'Edit Appearance,' but don't save. (See SVC-2763.)
- If you get an invalid region error when you attempt to teleport, check your OpenSim's bin/Regions/default.xml
- The attributes sim_location_x, and sim_location_y should not conflict with coordinates on the Second Life grid.
- Check the page Map_Locations and claim a non-conflicting set of coordinates.
- You might check and see if putting your region name in the "Start Location" helps