Particle System Test
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Particle System Test Island
- We need an area set aside for testing particle systems.
- Testing area has been set up and is at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mickopolis/128/128/27 (Restricted Access - Contact Oz Linden)
- There are two primary tests that we need to run when making changes to the particle system
- Compatibility Changes should not significantly affect the appearance of particle systems
- Performance Changes should not reduce the frame rate in dense particle areas
- Generic particle system tests have been setup here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mickopolis/223/203/29
- Each Generic test unit is documented with code snippets and an explanation of the parameter/flag being demonstrated.
In order to test the compatibility of each aspect of particle systems, we need to build the following:
- There should be a series of relatively generic particle systems with individual systems illustrating each of the following flags and associated parameters independently. Each example should be clearly labled.
- There should also be labeled particle systems that illustrate the following parameters:
- Additionally, there should be a sampling of typical particle systems gathered from systems in use in Second Life. At minimum these should include examples of:
- Glitter / "bling"
- This area is still being built out but will also be located at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mickopolis/223/203/29
- There should be an area that has a few particle systems emitting the maximum number of particles possible to test total particle count and performance
- Located at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mickopolis/50/62/31
- There should be an area that has a few particle systems emitting a moderate number of very large particles to test the effect of fill on performance
- Located at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mickopolis/78/209/27
- There should be an area that has a very large number of particle systems emitting a range of low to high number of particles to test particle allocation and distribution across particle systems
- Under Construction: Proposed area at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mickopolis/179/80/30