Quick Test Script
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quick Test Script
- This is intended to be a simple set of tests that takes less than 20 minutes to run. It should hit major pieces of functionality.
- Requirements: 1 user.
Log in as yourself.
- Are you into the world within 5 seconds?
- Is the Character fully clothed?
- Alt-F1? and note the frame rate, pings, and packet loss. Are they normal?
- Does the UI look OK?
Initial Impressions 3rd Person Looking around
- Does the Character look where the mouse pointer is?
- Do the movement keys rotate and move the character?
- Does pressing the movement keys highlight the correct on screen arrows?
- Do the on-screen arrows rotate and move the character?
- Does F/on-screen fly toggle between flying and not-flying?
- Does the Character land gracefully after toggling off flying?
1st Person Looking around
- Does 'M' correctly toggle between Mouse Look and 3rd Person?
- Turn on debug mode (CTRL+ALT+D). Use CTRL+ALT+M to move the sun until it is daytime. Do the sun and clouds look correct?
- Use CTRL+ALT+M to move to nighttime. Do the moon, stars, and clouds look correct? Does lighting update correctly? Do the stars fade in correctly?
- Do trees and grass look correct?
- Does camera swing to a useful location? (requires toggle to be on)
- Do the control arrows move the Character and camera? Does pressing the movement keys highlight the correct on screen arrows?
- Make a box. Does it appear where the cursor is? Is it textured?
- Grab it and move it around. Does it move smoothly?
- Drag and drop a texture onto the cube? Does it work? Does the shift modifier work to modify only one face?
- Do the various options on the "Object" tab work as advertised?
- Do the "Texture" tab options work as advertised?
- Do the various translate, rotate, and stretch functions work (both as shortcuts from Move and using the tool)?
- Does the land tool work?
- Create two objects. Rotate and resize one. Link them. Did it work? Did either object move?
- Try moving the linked objects around. Both should move smoothly.
- Unlink the objects. They should now act individually.
- Return to 3rd person mode. Fly across a region boundary. Does the Character move smoothly across the region boundary? Does the character animation state change or stutter? Does the Character's velocity change?
- Drop from flying to walking. Does the Character switch to falling animation? If the Character hits the ground hard enough to fall, does it get up correctly?
- Walk across a region boundary. Does the Character move smoothly across the region boundary? Does the character animation state change or stutter? Does the Character's velocity change?
- Fly to the city center and land in front of the foot bridge across the road. Look around. Has the entire city come in quickly and smoothly? Is the fountain running? Can you hear the fountain?
- Walk up the stairs. Can you walk up the stairs? Does the Character place its feet correctly on the stairs?
- Walk over to the rotating "Old Demo" sign. Does the texture come in quickly?
Chat and IM
- Find someone else. Chat with them. Does the text appear on the console? Does it appear in the text history?
- Give someone your calling card. You should both see calling cards in your inventories.
- Chat with someone via IM. Does the text appear in the console? Does it go into the history?
- Have the other party log off. Send an IM to them. Have them log on. Does the IM appear when they log in?