Release Notes/Second Life Release/3.3.3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Released June 25, 2012
Please see the Known Issues for important information and limitations.
Release Notes for v3.3.3 (260300) - Second Life Viewer
Released June 25, 2012
- CHOP-900 on windows, the second life installer fails while writing to files
- CHUI-54 Inventory sorting Recent broken in 3.2.8
- EXP-1550 New tag shown and not removed on click when rezzing an item from Received Items panel and taking back into inventory.
- MAINT-62 [PUBLIC] Fix calls to LLDir::deleteFilesInDir() in llappviewer.cpp.
- MAINT-95 [PUBLIC] Fix call to LLDir::deleteFilesInDir() in mac_updater.cpp.
- MAINT-117 [PUBLIC] Unable to login with minimized viewer
- MAINT-141 [PUBLIC] Fix incorrect masks passed to LLDirIterator in Linux background updater.
- MAINT-180 [PUBLIC] Lindens override busy mode if they talk in group chat
- MAINT-261 [PUBLIC] Inworld Object inspector not properly caching data
- MAINT-272 [PUBLIC] Viewer crashes while operation with Upload animation dialog for certain animation file
- MAINT-290 [PUBLIC] Take object (which belongs to another avatar) does not work
- MAINT-405 [PUBLIC] Ctrl W does not properly close IM tabs using tabbed IM in 2.x/3.x
- MAINT-424 [PUBLIC] IM-window loses focus when tab is closed
- MAINT-463 [PUBLIC] URL-name of object is shown as hyperlink in Report Abuse window
- MAINT-701 crash at LLCurl::Multi::markDead()
- MAINT-708 Use texture compression to save VRAM and make up for places where the viewer blows its budget
- MAINT-771 Sculpty objects with a large surface area can crash video drivers.
- MAINT-778 [PUBLIC] Crash enabling Debug GL (mobile intel 4 series)
- MAINT-784 [PUBLIC] Inventory filter does not yield any result when switching from 'Since Logoff' to 'Hours Ago' or 'Days Ago'
- MAINT-789 [PUBLIC] Button "Buy" isn't work in Object profile
- MAINT-792 [PUBLIC] Viewer crashed at 16X AA setting after restarting on Asus X52F laptop and prevented user from starting again
- MAINT-804 [PUBLIC] Screen does black/white split after user enables Lighting and Shadows
- MAINT-806 Graphical corruption occurs if detail set to high or ultra on ATI x800
- MAINT-807 [PUBLIC] Button Clear history from Preferences isn't clear last teleport
- MAINT-808 [PUBLIC] Graphics problem with Ultra setting and advanced features on Ubuntu Linux with GeForce 6600 graphics
- MAINT-809 [PUBLIC] Setting 16x antialiasing crashes Viewer in Ubuntu 11.10 with GeForce 6600
- MAINT-810 LLRenderTarget is crashy
- MAINT-813 [crashhunters] crash at LLViewerRegion::getPosGlobalFromRegion
- MAINT-830 [PUBLIC] "Items successfully shared" appears even when share fails
- MAINT-845 [PUBLIC] New item in Recent with collapsed folders tab causes first folder (in Recent) to expand, even if object goes to different folder
- MAINT-852 [PUBLIC] Cannot delete object description.
- MAINT-853 Audit sendListToRegions() function calls and fix leaks
- MAINT-862 [PUBLIC] Sounds aren't played at first attempt
- MAINT-938 Make debit-permissions dialog give a stronger warning
- MAINT-1092 Rebaking avatar textures with basic shaders enabled makes the torso pink and breaks alpha layers.
- MAINT-1144 [crashhunters] crash at LLPluginProcessParent::idle()
- SH-795 Level of Detail parameter values do not update in display when toggling between different LODs with different selected parameter values
- SH-2668 "ocean" water is always 20m high instead of the Region Water Height
- SH-2689 my mesh outfit did not appear when I wore it.
- SH-2968 As a developer, I would like to be sure the viewer log is tracking information related to avatar rezzing
- SH-2941 crash at LLCurl::Easy::~Easy()
- SH-2970 initial logging of avatar rezzing metrics to server
- SH-3018 As a code maintainer, I would like to get rid of obsolete texture diagnostics
- SH-3020 texture stopped loading
- SH-3039 Back-end support for avatar metrics
- SH-3040 Diagnose inventory cache issues
- SH-3041 Add caching for hash to texture id mapping
- SH-3044 Allow avatar logging to be non-verbose (pre-merge-down)
- SH-3047 Test different strategies for downloading progressive image data to make sure we actually have the requested LOD
- SH-3050 Preparse the j2c codestream and extract the resolution boundaries
- SH-3060 Implement and test the new byte range computation
- SH-3064 Add metrics - stats for time-to-decloud for surrounding non-self avs
- SH-3065 Investigate fixes for out-of-order operations on startup
- SH-3071 Increase HTTP concurrency to improve texture fetching performance
- SH-3072 do not pause texture fetching when FPS is low.
- SH-3074 clear ghost and stale texture fetching requests in time
- SH-3075 Fix the KDU compression code: fix reversible image coding, fix small image coding
- SH-3080 Lower required byte range on already cached data for a given discard level
- SH-3081 Allow faster discard level marching when the camera is not moving
- SH-3086 As a viewer architect, I would like to understand how fast each of the components of the texture pipeline can run in isolation
- SH-3091 Add ability to flush all texture data from memory on demand
- SH-3097 Calculate all required texture data in frustum, report total memory required as function of desired texel density, and generate list of texture UUIDs/discard levels to process
- SH-3104 Perform HTTP requests for all desired texture data in bulk, and store to cache
- SH-3106 Add ability to load all texture data from cache at full throttle, without decoding, or applying as GL textures
- SH-3110 Add ability to decode texture data from one memory buffer to another, without triggering rest of image pipeline
- SH-3112 Add ability to bind and display texture data that has been previously decoded, in batch mode
- SH-3115 Crash on exit, curl handles not empty
- SH-3118 implement a debug console for SH-3086
- SH-3121 collect time of reloading all textures from cache and through HTTP when all objects loading are done.
- SH-3124 Crash on quit on Mac
- SH-3128 Reduce log spam
- SH-3132 Many "HTTP GET failed errors" with Drano merge candidate 255539
- STORM-1819 Ternary/graded shadow support
- VWR-8761 Cannot delete object description.
- VWR-21538 SLVoice does not exit after viewer exits
- VWR-23844 non-English (Portuguese): menu entries errors
- VWR-26542 Wrong french translation in À propos du terrain -> Son
- VWR-28950 Notifications.xml string: Ctrl-Shift-<something> does not reflect actual keyboard in French (and other languages)
In addition, there are a number of security issues that are resolved with this release.