Improved Scene Loading
Project Interesting is a set of improvements to how the viewer and server work together to know what scene objects to draw. We’ve already made the server smarter about sending the important, "interesting" stuff first, and with this release, we have a new viewer that does a much better job of storing and managing the scene data on your computer. This will not only improve the speed at which a location loads, it will also help with
overall viewer performance.
- more viewer-side control of which objects are loaded in memory at any given time
- more aggressive scene caching - viewer stores whole region in cache, not just the parts in view when you log out
- faster scene load when visiting a region you've never been to before
- viewer does not load object from cache that are completely hidden by scene geometry
- expanded performance metrics