The Unloop Viewer Release is a special release just for Windows 32 bit systems who were caught in an endless loop of 64 bit viewer updates between 5/31/2018 and 6/1/2018. Except for its incremented build number, it is in every other way, identical to the last release. Love Me Render.
The Love Me Render Viewer Release represents a collection of work on the rendering pipeline, many in response to bugs and feature requests filed over the years. We always appreciate the diligent help of our residents in finding, filing, and sometimes fixing these - and following along with the development efforts.
Note: On Macs, we recommend deleting any existing Dock icon you have for the viewer, and recreating it by dragging the icon from the Applications folder to the Dock. *Do not* create a Dock icon by pinning one of the icons that appear when the viewer is running; those may cause signature verification errors when you try to use them to launch a new viewer. This will be fixed (and we'll be back to only one icon showing on the Dock) in a future fix release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Some Visible Highlights:
- Improvement - Agents that render as jelly dolls will now have their attachments render at 0 LoD to prevent loading higher LoD complexity in memory thus deterring crashes. This also fixed a particular animated tail which would reduce FPS to 4 then crash the viewer
- We now account for CTRL+0 zoom when mesh LOD is calculated
- Highlighting Changes Make Editing Mesh Objects Difficult
- Shared media (media as a texture) unusable with transparent mesh
- These two had a cage match. The result is: Wire selection mode - while Edit tool is selected & Outline selection mode - for all other cases
- Alpha masked textures would turn white on rigged mesh when viewed through the water surface: these will remain transparent now
- WindLight: Special overlays (including property lines and highlights for beacons) weren't visible in shader water
- Ribbon particles using textures containing alpha would flash white at certain camera angles. Ouch.
- Edit Rotation Rings were Occluded by Mesh Objects but aren’t anymore
- The presence of certain Avatars would stop local specular textures from "sticking". Yes really. That was such a fun bug.
- Cleared up issues with RenderAutoMuteByteLimit() versus worn legacy prims, sculpts and non-rigged mesh.
- LOD and Physics mesh stretching were occuring due to some weird behavior in the uploader.
- Setting one avatar to "Do not render" caused all avatars to become imposters. Thanks to Ansariel Hiller for the fix.
- Tile-Based Texture Animation Scaled Incorrectly for Rigged Mesh when worn on MacOS only
- A particular mesh avatar would deform constantly due to issues with LOD & bounding box calculations
- Upgraded KDU to version v7_A_4
- We got rid of media_plugin_libvlc error while trying open .mov format media