Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2012.02.14

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Prev 2012.02.10 Next 2012.02.17

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden Chieron Tenk Davido Chrome
Fancy Detector Flip Idlemind Jonathan Yap
Kadah Coba Kallista Destiny Kelly Linden
Kitto Flora Liisa Runo MartinRJ Fayray
Nalates Urriah NiranV Dean Qie Niangao
Rex Cronon Sahkolihaa Contepomi Sera Lok
Simon Linden TankMaster Finesmith Techwolf Lupindo
Vincent Nacon


[12:00] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Hey Simon & Andrew.

[12:00] Meeter: Welcome to the Server User Group

[12:00] Fancy Detector: Kelly Linden has arrived!

[12:00] Andrew Linden: Hello

[12:01] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: And Kelly, heh.

[12:02] Sahkolihaa Contepomi blinks at the way that just worked...

[12:02] ER-1606: 3 sides detected.

[12:02] ER-1606: 4 sides detected.

[12:02] ER-1606: 3 sides detected.

[12:02] ER-1606: 4 sides detected.

[12:03] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Trusty prim for a seat. :D

[12:03] Rex Cronon: hello everybody

[12:03] Davido Chrome: Where is Vincent?

[12:03] Jonathan Yap: Is Maestro coming?

[12:03] Simon Linden: Dunno, but feel free to rez stuff to sit on, float, whatever works for you

[12:03] Flip Idlemind: Oooh, what worked?

[12:03] Simon Linden: I can make more chairs if people want

[12:04] Andrew Linden: Yeah, perhaps a Vincent absence will convince us to go find some furniture.

[12:04] Rex Cronon: i preffer to stand:)

[12:04] Nalates Urriah: Not for me, Thx

[12:04] Davido Chrome: The floor is a fun place. I remember when I was a wee child. Man I had fun on the floor.

[12:04] Simon Linden: These are moveable

[12:05] Andrew Linden: Alright news...

[12:06] Simon Linden: Here's the deploy forum post:

[12:06] Andrew Linden: the only item I've got is that someone in LL wanted a llGetEstateID() call, so I said I would implement it via llGetEnv("estate_id")

[12:06] Andrew Linden: which is going to be trivial to get done

[12:06] Andrew Linden: I was wondering if there were anything else that made sense to expose via llGetEnv().

[12:07] Flip Idlemind: I like the idea of adding "new things" to llGetEnv (don't know if that's quite the best way to put that)

[12:07] Flip Idlemind: "Expose via", yes, that's better

[12:07] Kallista Destiny: well that depends on what sort of interesting things are exposable.

[12:07] Rex Cronon: it could expose the total number of avatars in a sim:)

[12:08] Andrew Linden: I noticed that there is already a llGetRegionName()

[12:08] Flip Idlemind: There's a function for that

[12:08] Jonathan Yap: numbers in allow/ban list?

[12:08] Davido Chrome: Handy when you want a script to notice you have changed region.

[12:08] Flip Idlemind: There's CHANGED_REGION for that

[12:09] Rex Cronon: there is no lsl function that tells u how many avatars are in a sim

[12:09] Flip Idlemind: llGetRegionAgentCount( )

[12:09] Flip Idlemind:

[12:09] Davido Chrome: The map doesn't seem to keep up very well. Today, when like five of the cobra sims were down, it showed three as down that were up...

[12:10] Davido Chrome: Otherwise you can see via the map.

[12:10] Kitto Flora: Map information is usually at least 5 minutes behind actuality.

[12:10] Jonathan Yap: I think there is a pretty generous timeout before the map reports offline

[12:11] Rex Cronon: hmm. cool

[12:11] Kitto Flora: (for up/down status)

[12:11] Andrew Linden: Ok, I guess the table is open.

[12:12] Davido Chrome: I guess one chair will allways be empty.

[12:12] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Do any of you Lindens know exactly what network problem occured around 1AM SLT today?

[12:13] Simon Linden: I don't know any details on that, Koli

[12:13] Kallista Destiny:

[12:13] Andrew Linden: No, I haven't heard about a network problem, except an email asking if SL Marketplace was down.

[12:13] Davido Chrome: Hum. Have nothing to ask, so i'll just go play some simball...

[12:13] Kallista Destiny: quite a disconuity there

[12:13] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: A lot of users suddenly got kicked off around that time.

[12:14] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Login page went offline for a while as well.

[12:14] Kallista Destiny: 10K according to the report that I got.

[12:14] Sera Lok: rodvik tweeted that there was a data center problem which caused the massive marketplace issues

[12:15] Chieron Tenk: I cannot login to aditi at the moment, too

[12:15] Kelly Linden: Aditi is having its own issues. One of the servers responsible for half the agent presence on aditi is down.

[12:15] Simon Linden: Aditi is down, yes

[12:15] Kelly Linden: We are working on getting it back up.

[12:15] Chieron Tenk: ah, that explains why martin here was able.. on the other server..

[12:16] TankMaster Finesmith: ok, who broke aditi? :P

[12:16] Qie Niangao: In case I missed it: Any news on prospects for parcel encroachment return being enabled on Mainland? (actually, the state of that flag might be something llGetEnv() could return, if anybody wanted it.)

[12:16] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ...

[12:16] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): *lifts paw*

[12:17] Andrew Linden: No news on that Qie. I think eventually that flag should just be enabled just about everywhere.

[12:17] Vincent Nacon: sorry I was late

[12:17] Kelly Linden: Aditi is fixed now.

[12:17] Qie Niangao: Oh, okay. Thanks.

[12:17] Chieron Tenk: indeed. thanls

[12:17] Chieron Tenk: *k

[12:18] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): until i log in multiple times at the same time again , then it will create another time paradoxon and divide by zero...

[12:19] Kelly Linden saves us all time and blocks' Amethyst's logins.

[12:19] MartinRJ Fayray: \o/z

[12:19] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Haha

[12:19] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): YES

[12:20] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ah and...logins...

[12:20] Flip Idlemind: So Kelly resolved SCR-274. Is that sleep you mentioned new as of that server version?

[12:20] JIRA-helper:

[#SCR-274] Certain List Operations are up to Three Times Slower

[12:20] Kelly Linden: Flip: yeah

[12:21] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): long ago i was able to force login , meaning there were no message telling me that im still beeing logged out , he just force threw me in , like continueing my prev session

[12:21] Kitto Flora: Is there any explanation for multiple vehicle duplication - likely at border crossing - during the last few days, in the Snowlands?

[12:22] Kelly Linden: It only kicks in if you go I think 3x past the normal script time, and then adds a sleep that is I think 3x the amount over that threshold. So normal limit is 150us, if you use <=450us no issues. If you use 500us you get a 150us sleep (still less than a single simulator frame)

[12:22] Simon Linden: What exactly did you see, Kitto? Multiple vehicles where there should only be one?

[12:22] Andrew Linden: I've seen that vehicle duplication reported before. We thought it was a race condition during region crossing

[12:22] Andrew Linden: but there is a project (currently in RC I think) for cleaning up problems like that at region crossings

[12:22] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): other people reported me that they did see me go offline in their friend list but my Avatar didnt dissapear , just my Voice which then came back when i was logged in again , would it be possible to force such logins somehow or was it just a bug?

[12:22] Andrew Linden: I wonder what server version Snowlands is running...

[12:22] Andrew Linden goes and looks.

[12:23] Kitto Flora: Sunday on the ONSR line - there were over a dozen cars running - there should be two. The excess ones were all copies of the legit ones.

[12:23] Flip Idlemind: Okie dokie. I'm not extremely concerned about a slowdown in my puzzle cubes, I was just worried there might be some deeper problem

[12:23] Simon Linden: That sounds like an odd case, Amethyst. The simulator tries to completely remove you when you log off, and add fresh when logging in

[12:23] Kitto Flora: I cleaned it all up and restarted two cars. Monday there wre 5 cars running, 3 of them were copies of one of the legit cars

[12:23] Flip Idlemind: Seems that everything that's supposed to be way faster is in fact WAY faster, then

[12:23] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea , but it couldnt somehow , it just let me in without telling me , people also told me i was offline for them even when i was online because of this chaos

[12:24] Andrew Linden: Kitto, where is "Snowlands"?

[12:24] Kelly Linden: flip: awesome to hear.

[12:24] Kitto Flora: Region 'Wengen' and around there

[12:24] Sahkolihaa Contepomi assumes the snowy areas around the mainland.

[12:25] Flip Idlemind: And! This whole "investigation" lead me to find some optimizations that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise

[12:25] Qie Niangao: Presumably, it could have been any of the regions crossed on the ONSR path, I suppose. So lots of versions.

[12:25] Simon Linden: The friends online status can definitely get mixed up ... there's a lot of data getting passed around when you log in or out to check all friends and see who needs to be updated.

[12:25] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): that brings me to the idea of adding session continuation , and to prevent missusage you need to type in a session id password you will be given when starting a login session , which is randomly generated and will only shown one time in the viewer or will be send as mail or something like that

[12:26] Kitto Flora: The cars cross 12 region borders along the line - and these days theres usually several different sim versions on those regions

[12:26] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i know this feature was in discussion but was dropped because of security issues , but i think theres something that can be done against it

[12:26] Kelly Linden: Several services I use now require confirmation when connecting via a new device. Kinda irritating at first, but probably useful. Is that kinda of what you are talking about andrew?

[12:26] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): atlast some sort of hardware + IP and password /session password check

[12:27] Sahkolihaa Contepomi pokes the server graph. o_O

[12:27] Kelly Linden: steam for example will email me a code to enter when I try to connect from a new computer.

[12:27] Rex Cronon: having to remember a new pass per session? that is a lot of trouble

[12:27] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea something like this

[12:27] Andrew Linden: Wengen is running the main "Second Life Server" channel, but some of its neighbors are on other channels

[12:27] MartinRJ Fayray: neat idea

[12:28] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Kelly has Steam? Oh boy...

[12:28] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): you dont need to remember it , just if you crash you can type this randomly generated session password to get back into your session

[12:28] Flip Idlemind: We should all play games together!

[12:28] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): you can also just throw your old session "out" and start a new one

[12:29] Nalates Urriah: ...having the system do something while it is crashing seems kinda awkward.

[12:29] Jonathan Yap: No need for additional passwords, just have a "Connect to existing session?" on login

[12:29] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): its nothing forced , just IF you want to continue

[12:29] Simon Linden: What's the benefit of that, Amethyst? I understand the current system can leave accounts in limbo, but that's been pretty good except for the recent problems in one RC

[12:30] Sahkolihaa Contepomi kicks the memory pool.

[12:30] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): this would prevent you from force loggin you off and therefor loss of changes on your avatar / attachments

[12:30] Jonathan Yap: But if you connect back to an existing session you won't see things quickly; the server will think it already sent you that data

[12:30] Flip Idlemind: Log-in-limbo hasn't happened to me in a loooooooong time. only takes one instance of that to be annoying

[12:30] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ive often lost a lot of changes on my attachments just because the server force logged me off

[12:30] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is half over

[12:30] Simon Linden: yeah, losing any changes like that is really frustrating

[12:31] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): then build in a initial "hey i need all those infos again" check

[12:31] Andrew Linden: Kitto, I don't think the cleanup of region crossing is currently in RC. It might go up this week, not sure.

[12:31] Andrew Linden: But I would expect that vehicle duplication problem to be on of the things that the region crossing cleanup work will fix.

[12:31] Simon Linden: It's going into RC again tomorrow, I believe

[12:32] Andrew Linden: Excellent.

[12:32] Nalates Urriah: any other RC candidates going to RC?

[12:32] Simon Linden: Also another set of code with some voice changes that shouldn't be visible

[12:32] Kitto Flora: OK - well this is a recent problem. Only started in the last week. For years before that there has been no such duplication.

[12:33] Simon Linden: Hmm, as of today the entire grid is on the same code, but the RCs will get updated tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for similar reports, Kitto

[12:34] Liisa Runo reminds the lindens about display names not being visible in OH transcript. Better to use the real name to make it more easy to follow ;)

[12:34] Kitto Flora: TY

[12:34] Jonathan Yap: Simon, does that mean your z-level coarseupdate change is fully deployed now?

[12:34] Simon Linden: Yes Jonathan

[12:35] Andrew Linden: Sorry Liisa, some of the transcripts are using display names? I do try to convert to real names.

[12:35] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): means , Jonathans Z level detection and unknown thingy should work correctly and fully/ better?

[12:35] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Above 2048 will show the arrow as up instead of down, but that's all.

[12:36] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ah

[12:36] Liisa Runo: dont know, i only checked copule latest, and they only show real names, so maybe better if we use those in the discussion

[12:36] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): finally

[12:36] Kadah Coba: Andrew, you should just turn off display names on the viewer or at least always display both :P

[12:36] Jonathan Yap: If you are at or above 1020m (255*4) the coarseupdate message will always show 1020

[12:36] Andrew Linden: Ah right, I see.

[12:36] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Viewer still needs a change for that, doesn't it?

[12:36] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): it will

[12:36] Jonathan Yap: Yes, the LL viewer change is waiting for Oz to get back from vacation

[12:36] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Ah.

[12:36] Jonathan Yap: TPVs already have that change

[12:36] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): those in the poreview repo?

[12:36] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ah ok

[12:37] Jonathan Yap: No, it didn't get to poreview yet

[12:37] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ok

[12:37] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): then i should already have them

[12:37] Jonathan Yap: There was an issue of lost artwork

[12:37] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea

[12:37] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): a 32x32 file

[12:37] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): right?

[12:37] Jonathan Yap: yes

[12:39] Jonathan Yap: Quiet here, I'll do my montly asking about making Group Liabilities not the default

[12:40] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): xD

[12:40] Simon Linden: hmm, right, we may need to bring up some of the standard controversial issues

[12:40] Liisa Runo: more script mem!

[12:40] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): why is the Sky blue?

[12:40] Simon Linden: Land Impact accounting?

[12:40] Andrew Linden: I once tried to track down where that Group Liabilities default was set/hard-coded

[12:40] Chieron Tenk: flight height restriction

[12:40] Andrew Linden: but I got sidetracked by some emergency before I found it.

[12:40] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): oh yea flight height ...remove it

[12:41] Andrew Linden: I'll make a note to try again.

[12:41] Jonathan Yap: Andrew, there must be some place where all those defaults are encoded

[12:41] Kitto Flora: Region set avatar-attched-script-limits

[12:41] Techwolf Lupindo: Should LL move forward and remove the flight hight restriction?

[12:41] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yes

[12:41] Simon Linden: Yep, Jonathan -- throughout the source code :)

[12:41] Sera Lok: yes!

[12:41] Liisa Runo: SCR-19

[12:41] JIRA-helper:

[#SCR-19] Script function to return objects

[12:41] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): everyone can TP up to 4096 since the Navbar in V2 has arrived

[12:41] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): so the flight height restriction makes no sense anymore

[12:42] Jonathan Yap: I thought this was discussed last week and it was announced that limit was going away?

[12:42] Kitto Flora: It never did since carbon rod

[12:42] Simon Linden: How many of you have HUDs with a flight assist built into it?

[12:42] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i dont

[12:42] Liisa Runo: yes, i also remember it was carved in stone, and 2weeks ETA

[12:42] Chieron Tenk: all, i guess

[12:42] Rex Cronon: there r lots of people that have sky boxes and don't want every noobie to fly outside their windows:)

[12:42] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i just TP up with my Navbar

[12:42] Vincent Nacon: wasn't announced, good try though :P

[12:42] Simon Linden: No Jonathan, I carefully weaseled around committing to it ... but we talked about it

[12:42] Techwolf Lupindo: Phoenix/Firestorm has one built into the bridge. Toggalbe on or off.

[12:42] MartinRJ Fayray: flash (swf) files still don't work with the moap

[12:43] MartinRJ Fayray:

[12:43] JIRA-helper: [#VWR-17151] Flash (SWF) files doesn't work with shared media or the built-in browser.

[12:43] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea?

[12:43] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: I don't have a flight feather.

[12:43] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i will test this

[12:43] Jonathan Yap: It was announced, I think by Oz, and I made a comment here about disabling it grid-wide, so you don't get wonky results from flight assisters when you change regions

[12:43] Flip Idlemind: My HUD has a flight assist. But I don't think removing the flight limit would change anything about my..."flight experience"

[12:43] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): works

[12:44] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): flash works normal

[12:44] MartinRJ Fayray: swf-files

[12:44] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): directy?

[12:44] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): directly

[12:44] MartinRJ Fayray:

[12:44] MartinRJ Fayray: yes

[12:44] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): uhm

[12:44] Liisa Runo: also my (optional) flight aid is made so that it will not be affected if the limit is removed

[12:44] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): this one doesnt even work in my browser

[12:44] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ah

[12:44] MartinRJ Fayray: ;)

[12:44] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): me stupid sorry

[12:44] Vincent Nacon: doesn't work, conncetion refused

[12:44] Simon Linden: Right, that jira says you can work-around it by wrapping it in a basic html file, but it would be nice to work more like a browser and support it

[12:45] Qie Niangao: How hard would it be to make something analogous to llGetAgentLanguage() that returned the agent's viewer's identiy string? So we can know what features it supports... e.g., whether we can push secondlife:///app/agent/*/im at it and expect it to do anything sensible.

[12:45] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): then gimme an example

[12:45] Flip Idlemind: Or we could just kill Viewer 1

[12:46] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): oh yes please...

[12:46] Flip Idlemind waits for people the throw things at me

[12:46] Rex Cronon: some people like their privacy, and want others to know as little as possible

[12:46] Simon Linden: I can imagine some privacy issues there, Qie

[12:46] Chieron Tenk: *throws at niran instead*

[12:46] Qie Niangao: bus Simon, there are *viewers* that do it

[12:46] Qie Niangao: *but

[12:46] Simon Linden: I know, that's a whole different issue itself

[12:46] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea i wanna test it

[12:47] Liisa Runo: or kill all crappy viewers that remove the clickability from this line when copy pasted to chat again :: Andrew Linden

[12:47] Qie Niangao: oh. okay, then let's please kill Viewer 1 instead. :)

[12:47] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): YES

[12:47] MartinRJ Fayray: ((I meant something like this doesn't work on MOAP if it's not embedded in html: ))

[12:47] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): [12:47] Liisa Runo: or kill all crappy viewers that remove the clickability from this line when copy pasted to chat again :: Andrew Linden

[12:47] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): dam dam daaaam

[12:48] Liisa Runo: not clickable anymore == crappy viewer

[12:48] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ah and which viewer supports it?

[12:48] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): Phoenix only?

[12:48] Liisa Runo: v1

[12:48] MartinRJ Fayray: :: Andrew Linden

[12:48] MartinRJ Fayray: .()

[12:48] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): V1 doesnt even have those Name clickables

[12:48] Vincent Nacon: yeah, can't see SWF in Firestorm

[12:48] Flip Idlemind: If you copy and paste a text from a webpage with a link in it, does it copy the link or just the text?

[12:49] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): it shows just the links

[12:49] Liisa Runo: v1.23.4 and snowglobe <3 show the link properly

[12:49] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): the Link

[12:49] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea if my viewer would be as crapy as V1 and only show the LINK instead of the clickable name , then it would correctly copy it yea...

[12:50] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): as it is now the clickable name is selected like normal text so it will get copied like normal text

[12:50] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): same goes for the link

[12:50] Liisa Runo: but it is ok, if LL keep fixing the v3 bugs with the speed they have been fixing them this far, it only takes 4 years to get it ready

[12:50] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): just that the link pops up as clickable name (text) for V2

[12:50] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): haha...

[12:52] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): ok

[12:52] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): swf doesnt work here

[12:52] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): but the game is fun =D

[12:52] MartinRJ Fayray: =)

[12:52] Kitto Flora: Only swm?

[12:53] Simon Linden: Well, that's pretty much a viewer-side issue, but likely to be lower priority than the crash rate and some of the texture problems recently seen

[12:53] TankMaster Finesmith: did you install flash for non ie browsers?

[12:53] Vincent Nacon: but why must we use direct SWF anyway?

[12:53] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): otherwise i couldnt play it in Chrome right?

[12:53] Simon Linden: You're best bet is bribing an open-source developer on it

[12:53] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): Vincent.... yea why?

[12:54] Jonathan Yap: Another way is to become an open source developer yourself

[12:54] Kitto Flora wonders when SL became a web browser.

[12:54] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): when V2 was released

[12:54] Vincent Nacon: cause you might be better off porting it through html just to scale SWF to screen size or ratio

[12:54] Vincent Nacon: than trying to go full

[12:54] Jonathan Yap: Fix your own bugs, that's the solution

[12:55] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea i fix my own bugs

[12:55] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i dont have bugs

[12:55] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): *crashes*

[12:55] Simon Linden: The html wrapper does give you some better control as you can pass more parameters into the Flash file. YOu might not need them, but they're there

[12:55] Vincent Nacon: and it does work when viewing through html page with flash

[12:55] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea

[12:55] Meeter: Timecheck : User Group is almost over

[12:55] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i were on newgrounds

[12:55] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): everythings there is just flash xD

[12:56] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): and it worked

[12:56] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i could even play stuff

[12:56] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): as it was supposed to be

[12:56] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): but anyone else experienced any freezes with this message lately? 2012-02-14T20:02:59Z INFO: LLVOAvatar::processAvatarAppearance: Number of params in AvatarAppearance msg (218) does not match number of tweakable params in avatar xml file (251). Processing what we can. object: fbc19881-74d7-4c93-941d-78390c715dd1

[12:57] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): same for 127 which is the FS bridge as far as i remember

[12:57] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Runitai pushed a potential fix for that.

[12:57] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i merged it

[12:57] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i freezed when i came here

[12:57] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Again, 'potential' aka it may not work.

[12:57] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): yea

[12:57] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i can tell him that it didnt work

[12:58] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): sadly

[12:58] Flip Idlemind: Whar can I find this fix?

[12:58] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: It's in shining-fixes:

[12:58] Amethyst (NiranV Dean):

[12:58] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): here to be exact

[12:58] Vincent Nacon: hmm any thoughts on Analog movement Inputs with script control event? (other than flycam, that is.)

[12:58] TankMaster Finesmith: amathust, thats just means that person who entered the region is on an old viewer that doesn't have physics

[12:58] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: I don't get any freezes from that though. Just the common VRAM crashes still.

[12:58] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): it drives me nuts whenever a bunch of people are coming in and i rotate my cam it randomly freezes with this or 127

[12:59] Jonathan Yap: Please note, that if you produce a TPV that LL asks you to wait until a feature is released before incorporating it in your viewer

[12:59] Flip Idlemind: Hmm I've never gotten any negative effects from that as far as I know

[12:59] Vincent Nacon: actually, maybe I should save that question later for vehicle API meeting

[12:59] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): for that i dont have RAM crashes nor VRAM crashes

[12:59] Simon Linden: Vincent - offhand, I think response would be horrible if you tried to control something in LSL from a joystick

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: don't be silly, Simon

[13:00] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: I get VRAM crashes as SL manages to constantly eat the whole 1GiB I have in demanding scenes, like now.

[13:00] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): hum

[13:00] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): i never even got to 350mb

[13:00] Jonathan Yap: Simon, have you see a Space Navigator?

[13:00] Simon Linden: I have one on my desk - that controls your viewer side camer

[13:00] Meeter: Thank you for coming to the Server User Group

[13:00] Simon Linden: camera

[13:00] Liisa Runo: LL has space navigator in lab

[13:00] Vincent Nacon: same here

[13:01] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): and i got Xbox 360 controller

[13:01] Techwolf Lupindo: The spacenav code works well. I use it all the time.

[13:01] Simon Linden: Those are great -- did I mis-interpret the question?

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: but yeah, I'm talking about input for movement

[13:01] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): works well

[13:01] Vincent Nacon: which is great for vehicle

[13:01] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): probably not with space nav

[13:01] Simon Linden: [12:58] Vincent Nacon: hmm any thoughts on Analog movement Inputs with script control event? (other than flycam, that is.)

[13:02] Simon Linden: So the idea is to have the device's input readable in a script (LSL), correct?

[13:02] Vincent Nacon: but I'll save the question for later when we focus more for vehicles

[13:02] Amethyst (NiranV Dean): *enables his Xbox 360 controller*

[13:02] Simon Linden: I think the basic idea is great ... better support of interesting input devices would be a lot of fun

[13:02] Vincent Nacon: yup

[13:02] Andrew Linden: I've got another meeting that starts now, so I'll be going.

[13:03] Andrew Linden: Thanks for coming.

[13:03] Flip Idlemind: Baiii

[13:03] Vincent Nacon: take care all

[13:03] Nalates Urriah: bye

[13:03] Liisa Runo: thanks everyone

[13:03] Simon Linden: But we'd really want to do as much as possible on the viewer, and in a generic way so there isn't too much device-specific coding

[13:03] Vincent Nacon: meeting's over anyway :)

[13:03] Rex Cronon: tc andrew

[13:03] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: See you Andrew, Simon & Kelly.

[13:03] Rex Cronon: tc all those leaving

[13:03] MartinRJ Fayray: good bye


Prev 2012.02.10 Next 2012.02.17