Talk:Viewer 2 Tweaks/Beta 3
< Talk:Viewer 2 Tweaks(Redirected from Talk:Viewer 2 Tweaks)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nearby chat in conversation floater
If anyone has a clue where to start to reattach the Local Chat (or Nearby Chat) the Communications (er, Conversations) window, I'd LOOOVE to know. Seshat Czeret 21:16, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
- Vote here: VWR-17332 — Boroondas Gupte 21:41, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you! Seshat Czeret 22:50, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
Don't crunch my view in mouselook either
I love the patch by User:Alexandrea_Fride that keeps the sidebar from crunching my camera view. But there's another annoyance out there to quell, mouselook wrecks your camera view also. I had a quick lookthrough of the xml to see if I could find out where mouselook view keeps all those settings, but found nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this too, disabling the squishy viewscreen problem for good? Unless I'm missing another instance where things get wrecked of course.
- Edit: Double brownie points for getting rid of the "press esc to return to world view" text. I knew this (or knew trying it wouldn't kill me) from the very first time I logged on, without anything telling me this. Besides, I just scroll in/out with the mouse anyways, nevermind the keyboard. This is like having "to start car, insert key, turn" etched into your windshield.
- For the final release, this would be a good opportunity to...
- Make this show once in a notification box with the option to "never warn me again" like you get when you quit SL, deed something, etc.
- Show for a few seconds each time mouselook is entered, and then fade.
- Provide a popup in the bottom right corner as you would see when a sim is restarting, or you recieve an object.
- Just let that one person who gets stuck relog every time, or read help and figure it out. Counterintuivity will hold you back your entire life (real or otherwise), this is as good of a time as any to get rid of it.
- Anything at all besides having this ugly text shoved down my throat forever and again. I'd rather have another HUD there instead.
-Cow Taurog 22:59, 3 March 2010 (UTC)