- Owner of Woodbridge region
- Avatar was on TV
- Relay for Life of SL
- Participant: 2006
- Team Member: 2007,2009
- Team Captain: 2008
- Guest: Dali Haskell Show
- Guest: The Podmafia
- Guest: Mr. O Show
- Guest: 100 Word Stories
- Host: Blue Hair
- Won: OSRAM 1 Million Dollar Idea contest
- Open Source
- Contributor: SL My Inventory Viewer
- Tester: OpenSIM GridNaught
- Tester: OpenSIM on OS Grid
- SLCN.tv Infomercial
- SL Education (SLED) e-zine
- Content Creator
- Cisco Systems
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
- Subject Matter Expert for employer
- Developed 8 Regions in 1 month
Dedric Mauraic is an avatar representing the persona of Lewis Moten (also known as "Lewie"). Lewis is a long time resident with a wide range of technical skills. Lewie understands the scripting language that makes objects interactive and can offer multiple approaches to solving most problems by integrating existing services, or developing custom solutions. He also focuses on resource constraints and user task analysis.
Lewis often posts daily snapshots and brief details about his experiences in the virtual environment. He has a complex range of services that automate the posting of each post throughout the internet on social networking sites as well as services to translate those posts into podcast form. The primary location to keep up on his experiences is on his blog for Dedric Mauriac hosted at wordpress. In addition, he has produced his own podcast, Blue Hair, featured on Rezzed.tv. A more regular podcast has recently started providing daily opinions as well on a separate podcast feed on cinchcast.
Lewis Moten's real life job is with CSC (Computer Sciences Corporation). He was one of the leading subject matter experts in a global team bringing CSC into Second Life for it's 50th anniversary celebration.
Mr. Motens skillset in the IT industry consists of (but is not limited to) the following:
- Operating Systems
- Desktop and Web applications development
- Visual Basic/VB.Net
- Clasic ASP
- Data architecture
- SQL Server
- XML, XSD, XSLT
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
Look ma! I am editing myself! --Dedric Mauriac 18:00, 9 November 2007 (PST)
- Simple Encryption - Example of weakest form of encryption using XOR.
- Letter Positioning - Example of how to draw 10 letters on one prim.
- Text To Byte Conversion - Example of how to convert text to a byte array and back again.
- Right Shift - Method to shift bytes to the right for signed integers as if they were unsigned.
- Read Note Card Configuration - Learn how to read a note card with name/value pairs.
Contact Follow me on twitter: dedricmauriac