User:Robin Cornelius/Media Plugin Testing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Opensource Q/A Procedure for testing the media plugins within Snowglobe.
Install the approprate version of Snowglobe to be tested
- Start snowglobe, ensure no Plugin Failed messages appear
- Does the login screen show the web page background for login
In world qtwebkit plugin
- Open "Search" window, check that All and Showcase both show the infomation.
- In Showcase, check you can change the category tabs from All to Hot Spots to Music etc. Ensure the page updates
- Select a place from the list and check the information updates at the side
- Press the teleport button, the place information floater should open.
- Search for the user Robin Cornelius (from the people tab), open the profile, select the web tab, press Load, check that the omvviewer.byteme.org.uk webpage loads in to the window.
- Type www.google.com in chat, then click on the link in the chat history window to open a web browser control. Check that is displayed the page typed correctly
- Go to Hippotropolis 100,52,22, press play on the media texture button and ensure that the opensource meeting web page is displayed on the large display on the right of the room.
In World quicktime/gstreamer
- Go to Amity Island 200,19,23 (the theater is at 155,23,23 http://slurl.com/secondlife/Amity%20Island/155/23/23, you need to be adult verified to access). Check that pressing the media play button starts a movie on the theater screen at that location.
FIXME we need some proper test locations/streams to test.