|Important: This article has been translated. The translation was imported on Feb 17. Any changes will require re-export for incremental translation.
Manage personal information and how openly you can be contacted.
| Clear History
|Deletes your travel, web and search history the next time you log in, similar to clearing your history in a web browser:
- Clears landmarks from where you've traveled in Second Life saved in your Places - Teleport History.
- Removes content you've downloaded in the in-Viewer browser.
| Only friends and groups know I'm online
|Hides your online status to strangers, so only friends on your friends list and Residents in your groups can see if you're inworld.
| Only friends and groups can call or IM me
|Restricts voice call and Instant Message contact to only friends and groups.
| Switch off microphone when ending calls
|Automatically turns off your microphone after a private voice call. Otherwise, unless deliberately toggled off, you may accidentally voice chat nearby.
| Accept cookies
|Cookies are bits of info stored by websites, used for a number of purposes, including personalizing content. If you have privacy concerns, reject cookies by unchecking this option.
|Master control for audio and video in Second Life. If you are unable to hear or view media streams, make sure this option is checked.
| Allow Media Autoplay
|Starts playing a parcel's media, if any, when you enter the parcel. Otherwise, you have to play it manually from the media controls.
|You can automatically record text chat
- Save nearby chat logs on my computer - Save text chat from nearby Residents to a file.
- Save IM logs on my computer - Similar to the above, but applies to Instant Message conversations, including one-on-one and group chats.
- Add timestamp - Inserts the time and date at the beginning of each line of logged chat.
- Browse - Browse to the current location where chat logs are stored, and change if you wish.
- Block list - Opens the list of Residents and objects you've blocked from contacting you, also available from the sidebar's People tab.