Viewerhelp:Upload Model Wizard
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The UPLOAD MODEL WIZARD window can be used to quickly and easily guide you through uploading a mesh model to Second Life. This upload method simplifies the choices you need to make when you upload a model, making it ideal for Residents who are unfamiliar with the many parameters that must be considered when creating mesh objects for Second Life.
To upload a model using the upload wizard:
- Open the UPLOAD MODEL WIZARD window by choosing Build > Upload > Model Wizard...
- In the UPLOAD MODEL WIZARD window, click Browse... and choose a COLLADA (.dae) file stored on your computer. Click Next>>.
- Visually optimize your object by moving the performance/accuracy slider, then click Next >>. Higher performance models consume less prim capacity on your land, but are less visually complex than higher accuracy models. Make sure to preview each level of detail by choosing from the Model Preview dropdown.
- Optimize the physics model for your object by moving the slider. Higher physics accuracy may consume more prim capacity on your land, and if the model's physics weight exceeds 32, the object cannot become a vehicle. During this step, you may preview the physics model overlaid onto the visual model in the preview frame. In most cases, the physics model is less complex than the visual model in order to maintain a low physics weight. Click Next >>
- Review your model upload choices, then check the I confirm that I have the appropriate rights to the material contained in this model checkbox.
- Click Upload to upload your mesh model to your inventory. You may wish to rename the object to something meaningful at this time.