This wiki is for collaboration between Linden Lab and the Second Life community. While Linden Lab cannot review every submission at submission time, we reserve the right to remove content deemed unsuitable for this wiki at any time. We provide this wiki as a service to the communities represented by the portals on this wiki, which, as of this writing, consist of:
- The Open Source Portal
- The Volunteer Portal
- The LSL Portal
- The Community Development Resources Portal
New portals may be added at any time, subject to the discretion of Linden Lab.
Point of view
Articles in the main namespace should be written in the third person. The page history will contain the complete contribution history, so there's no need to sign articles. A generally neutral point of view should be adopted, with the caveat that this is for people wanting to help build Second Life, not for general complaints about Second Life as a service or of Linden Lab as a company. Criticism of the service which supports feature request or proposal is acceptable (e.g. "Here's problem X. Implementing Y will solve X."), but general complaints which only serve to discourage use of Second Life should be taken elsewhere.
New page creation
- Use the simplest, most obvious name possible when creating new pages. We can always create a disambiguation page later if we need to.
- Help prevent wiki sprawl...edit existing pages rather than creating new pages if at all possible
- Use inclusion templates to ensure consistent navigation
- Full list of existing templates