User:Ama Omega/archive/script jira triage
Scripting now has its own jira project: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR
This project is special in that it has additional features to better support triage and a scripting backlog. As this is a new system please be forgiving as we work out kinks to make it work as smoothly as possible.
Each issue listed here is not yet on the backlog and has not been triaged.
Note the two red arrows - either the menu currently labeled 'Unscheduled' or the Backlog button on the bottom right can be used to switch views to the Script Backlog. The Script Backlog contains the issues that have already been triaged.
As we transition continue to add important issues to this wiki page for triage.
Every other Monday at Kelly's office hours we will hold a Scripting jira triage. If you have an issue you would like discussed, please add it to the end of the issue triage list below. Please add a single line for each jira with:
your avatar name, jira id, jira subject
- Delete all issues in "Triaged Last Time"
- Discuss the issues one at a time from top to bottom
- After discussing the issue I will set the 'last triaged' field, change status if appropriate and comment on the issue
- Move the triaged issue down to the "Triaged Last Week" category.
Issues To Triage
Listeners in child prims get positioned at root prim position first, then switch to child prim position after re-rez (resulting in wrong listener / whisper radius)
- Note from Cerise, since I always seem to miss these meetings: SVC-3170 was auto-closed at JIRA upgrade but still makes pain for people. The biggest pain from this bug is that the listen point moves after re-rez. I don't know if root or script prim is "better" as long as LSL picks one and stick with it! --Cerise Sorbet 19:28, 25 March 2011 (PDT)
- oobscure 15:25, 12 April 2011 (PDT) - New Beacon option for Mono Scripts - a comment about server-side ability to support this feature is needed before proposing it to viewer-development team --
- Haravikk Mistral - [Display Names] llLooksLike() function to test visual similarity between a known string and arbitrary UTF - 1 votes -
- Haravikk Mistral - llIntegerToHex() - function for integer/hex conversion - 2 votes -
- Melody Regent - People getting past Estate and Land bans - Seems to be back - 414 votes -
- Jonathan Yap - LSL: Add "prefilled" string to llTextBox - 40 votes -
- Haravikk Mistral - llPreloadAnimation() - a function for preloading animations ready to be played on-demand without delay - 0 votes -
- Haravikk Mistral - llPreloadAsset() - function allowing any type of asset to be preloaded. - 0 votes -
Triaged Last Time
- Haravikk Mistral
- llStartAnimationSynced() - start an animation synced with a given timestamp - 2 votes -
- Partially (but not critically) dependent upon (llGetUnixTimeNanos()) discussed previously.
- llDialog - 1 votes - Haravikk Mistral - Constants-based text-entry for
X-SecondLife-Owner-Usernameheaders to llHTTPRequest() - Haravikk Mistral
- [Display Names] Add
- Haravikk Mistral - llDetectedNormal() - provide normal vectors (or rotations) for collision events - 11 votes -
- Kumi Itoku - LSL functions to access the description of objects in an object's inventory - 90 votes -
- llDetected*() functions are populated to save on memory/processing - 0 votes - Haravikk Mistral - Allow us to decide which
- Haravikk Mistral
- agent() event for detecting changes in avatar state, ideal for animation overriders - 2 votes -
- Similar issues and have 110 votes between them. SVC-6532 is essentially a better solution to both as well as more future-proof than either.
- Talarus Luan - Megaprims in Estate Tools (specific proposal) - 1 vote -
- Haravikk Mistral - llSetLinkListPrimitiveParams() for setting multiple, specific linked items - 54 votes -
- DarthBunny Petrov - Expose/Add more flags to llGetParcelFlags - 1 vote -
- llTeleportAgent - 484 votes - Wyvern Carter - New Feature Request -
- llGetSubString can produce results that crash Mono scripts - 1 vote - Tano Toll (Cerise Sorbet) -
- llMapDestination ignores
look_atparameter - 1 vote - Doran Zemlja
- Haravikk Mistral - llGetUnixTimeNanos() - greater precision timing mechanism - 1 vote -
- Talarus Luan - Unbundle PRIM_* rules for llSetPrimitiveParams and similar functions to allow for individual parameter settings for all possible parameters. - 10 votes -
- Haravikk Mistral - Casting a list with a vector to string, differs from casting a vector to string - 1 vote -
- llSit() - scriptable ability to force an avatar to sit on an object - 7 votes - Haravikk Mistral -
- llListSort() to use faster sorting methods! - 49 votes - Haravikk Mistral - Convert
- llInstantMessage delay for avatars in region - 1 vote - Haravikk Mistral
- Replaced by Haravikk Mistral - llTargetSay() - region-wide direct communication - 2 votes -
- llGetListLength(list) by replacing them with (list != ) - 1 vote - Haravikk Mistral - Automatically optimise calls to