User talk:Daemonika Nightfire
Hi, I'm not sure why you rolled back User:Daemonika_Nightfire/Scripts/Anti_copy_trans. I didn't change any functionality but mainly changed state and variable names to something more descriptive and added a comment here and there. -- Kireji Haiku 13:56, 1 November 2012 (PDT)
- Hello, first sorry for my bad english. I rolled back, because that what you do with my script is not what i want and not my style. Your version was not that what is writen on top of the Script "by Daemonika Nightfire". If you want other version make a own page. Additionally i never want the on_rez event at first in a script. -- User:Daemonika Nightfire
- You know thats LSL an event based script language is? Because that it's not necessary where is an event placed in a script and the Event order Page is not god and not written by Linden Lab. I always sort the events by priority. That means when an event is not often be trigegred or just contains low priority funktions i move it down. In my scripts are ever the state_entry the first and on_rez the last. -- User:Daemonika Nightfire
- I too had my scripts altered by Kireji, and am not even slightly happy about it.
- Not good wiki etiquette!! Not at all.
- fredgandt 00:15, 2 November 2012 (PDT)
- Sometimes i get requests about my scripts for help, but i cant support when i have to learn my own script first.
- And variables like this "foundOwnerKeyInListOfCreatorOrResellerKeys" are not more readable, no that's <censored> and needs more memory.
- I am not happy about this. -- User:Daemonika Nightfire 14:50, 2 November 2012 (GMT)
- I totally agree. That's one hellish var name! I purposefully add comments to many of my scripts to help others understand them, and Kireji decided to eliminate quite a lot. And like you say; I don't want to have to learn how my scripts work if I am asked about them.
- At least one script he changed deals with PERMISSION_DEBIT and I am responsible for it functioning correctly (as I wrote it). I can't allow it to be published on my page without my being sure of it's functionality. Even if a script I wrote is crap, it's my crap!!
- Regardless of the reasons we may not like what Kireji did, he simply shouldn't do it. Wiki user pages are off limits without express permission. On Wikipedia (the daddy wiki), not even admin will change user pages without discussion first (unless there's a breach in ToS).
- fredgandt 08:39, 2 November 2012 (PDT)