How to link prims
From Second Life Wiki
This tutorial explain how to copy and link prims :
- Press - to open the Create menubox. The cursor changes into a wand.
- Select a prim shape from the graphic selections and click the wand where you want to create the prim. The menubox will switch to edit and the axis markers are visible.
- To copy the prim, hold down the Shift key and click on the arrow end of an axis. Drag the axis handle and you will get a copy of the prim.
- To link the prims, hold down the Shift key and select one prim.
- While still holding down the Shift key, click on the second prim.
- Press - . You now have one object.
You can give the linked set it's own name, copy, move it, or take it into inventory.
FYI:- - is the command to unlink a linked object.
A Torley's video is also available :