Linden Lab Official talk:User Groups
How do you join these groups?
Are there inworld groups for these groups, or are these groups that exist outside the inworld group system?
If there are inworld groups for these groups, what are there exact names?
- "User Group" is the new (and apparently confusing) name for what previously was known as "Office Hour". User Groups are regularly held inworld come-togethers of Lindens and Residents to discuss certain topics and have (generally) nothing to do with inworld groups. With the renaming came a slightly new concept: Previously, a specific Office Hour was held by a specific Linden. A User Group in contrast is focused on a specific topic, and several Lindens to whom the topic is relevant might attend.
- You don't have to formally "join" a User Group. If you'd like to take part in one (or several), just attend at the announced date and (inworld) place.
- --Boroondas Gupte 07:52, 21 March 2011 (PDT)
- Suezanne, some of these user groups do have inworld groups assigned with them or use mailing lists. The community tools user group uses a inworld group called "SL Community Tools User Group", founded by Amanda Linden and free to join. The community translation user group will probably use the group "Second Life CT Projects" founded by Lexie Linden as it is required to access Localization Central.
- --Torben Trautman 15:41, 21 March 2011 (PDT)
- I don't know about you but they can call them what they like id still refer to them as Office Hours
- SHAMUS Carter 13:35, 1 June 2011 (PDT)
Unlisted User Group
For some reason this User group has a page but is not listed on the list of user groups. (which is probably why I can never find it)
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Content_Creation_Improvement_Informal_User_Group Darien Caldwell 16:20, 20 September 2012 (PDT)
Is there still a CalDav for adding these meetings to calendar apps or has that been discontinued? The previous URL I'd been using doesn't work any more.
-- Haravikk (talk|contribs) 07:30, 9 May 2013 (PDT)