Open Source Meeting/2009-10-08

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
  • [2009/10/08 13:58] Merov Linden: Lets give time to the fashionably late to show up
  • [2009/10/08 13:58] Opensource Obscure: EHLO all
  • [2009/10/08 13:58] Merov Linden: Lets give time to the fashionably late to show up
  • [2009/10/08 13:58] Opensource Obscure: EHLO all
  • [2009/10/08 13:59] Twisted Laws: hello
  • [2009/10/08 13:59] Strife Onizuka: waves to oobscure
  • [2009/10/08 13:59] Nyss Elytis: I know absolutely nothing about computers. expect no useful input from me at all.
  • [2009/10/08 13:59] Carjay McGinnis: ello Merov
  • [2009/10/08 13:59] Merov Linden: hi Carjay
  • [2009/10/08 14:00] Merov Linden: OK, the clock struck 2pm here in SL
  • [2009/10/08 14:00] Merov Linden: I therefor declare that meeting started
  • [2009/10/08 14:00] Strife Onizuka: Hey Morgaine
  • [2009/10/08 14:00] Merov Linden: Rob being on vacation today, I'll be driving/hosting the meeting
  • [2009/10/08 14:01] Merov Linden: gets the agenda URL
  • [2009/10/08 14:01] Merov Linden: [1]
  • [2009/10/08 14:01] Strife Onizuka: (when will rob be back?)
  • [2009/10/08 14:01] Morgaine Dinova: waves
  • [2009/10/08 14:02] Merov Linden: Strife: Rob will be back next week
  • [2009/10/08 14:02] Strife Onizuka: thx ^^
  • [2009/10/08 14:02] Merov Linden: So, first and likely long item on the list, SNOW-222
  • [2009/10/08 14:02] JIRA-helper: http//jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-222:
  • [#SNOW-222] LLMedia Plugin: API in SnowGlobe
  • [2009/10/08 14:02] Merov Linden: That's the almighty pluginapi merge
  • [2009/10/08 14:03] Carjay McGinnis: I encountered it briefly *g*
  • [2009/10/08 14:03] Meggan Faith: I am having the impression the number of Lindens here is decreaing over the last couple of month.
  • [2009/10/08 14:03] Merov Linden: There's a rather long therad on SNOW-222 and it created a sublist of off shot issues
  • [2009/10/08 14:04] Merov Linden: We need of course to get all of those fixed before we can think about creating an RC for Snowglobe 1.2
  • [2009/10/08 14:04] Opensource Obscure: are there any instructions about how to properly test plugins in last Snowglobe builds?
  • [2009/10/08 14:04] Merov Linden: There is no test plan per se
  • [2009/10/08 14:04] Merov Linden: It's true
  • [2009/10/08 14:05] Pixel Gausman: OO: yeah, some testy plans would help
  • [2009/10/08 14:05] Merov Linden: Note however that you know if the plugin system works quite quickly as the login screen uses webkit to render
  • [2009/10/08 14:05] Opensource Obscure: ah, right.
  • [2009/10/08 14:06] Opensource Obscure: you can usually tell there is webkit because of a short white flash before the screen renders. at least here
  • [2009/10/08 14:06] Merov Linden: which is actually the most urgent issue right now: SNOW-279
  • [2009/10/08 14:06] JIRA-helper: http//jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-279:
  • [#SNOW-279] 1.2 fails: to start on Windows XP
  • [2009/10/08 14:06] Morgaine Dinova: The login screen actually uses webkit ***in a plugin*** ?
  • [2009/10/08 14:06] Merov Linden: so, I just committed a patch that should make Snowglobe (the app) installable
  • [2009/10/08 14:07] Merov Linden: *but* it still fails launching the SLPlugin
  • [2009/10/08 14:07] Merov Linden: I discussed with the media team and they just recently round up all the issues
  • [2009/10/08 14:08] Twisted Laws: i've been unable to build snowglobe on windows since this patch was added
  • [2009/10/08 14:08] Merov Linden: it's a rather complicated change but they're going to help me pick up what we need for Snowglobe
  • [2009/10/08 14:08] Merov Linden: Morgaine: yes, we use webkit as a plugin for the first screen
  • [2009/10/08 14:09] Merov Linden: note it's just displaying info, the login itself is done in the bottom bar, handled by the app
  • [2009/10/08 14:09] Morgaine Dinova: Wow ... nice running at the same time one practices walking ---- gratz :DDDDD
  • [2009/10/08 14:09] Merov Linden: so, 279 is my main focus right now so that we can all start using that build
  • [2009/10/08 14:10] Merov Linden: It'll certainly take me the rest of the week to untangle the mess
  • [2009/10/08 14:10] Pixel Gausman: thinks we need to clone Merov
  • [2009/10/08 14:11] Merov Linden: another issue with 222 is the failure we introduced in audio
  • [2009/10/08 14:11] Morgaine Dinova: Clone Pixel too while we're at it :P
  • [2009/10/08 14:11] Merov Linden: there are actually 2 issues here
  • [2009/10/08 14:11] Merov Linden: SNOW-271: streaming audio UI: I committed a patch this morning
  • [2009/10/08 14:11] JIRA-helper: http//jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-271:
  • [#SNOW-271] streaming audio,: etc. with Snowglobe Test Build
  • [2009/10/08 14:12] Merov Linden: and SNOW-277
  • [2009/10/08 14:12] JIRA-helper: http//jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-277:
  • [#SNOW-277] play mp3: streams (even after enabling play button)
  • [2009/10/08 14:12] Merov Linden: I think (though I'm not 100% sure) that we need to enable the new audio panel in About Land... in order to complete 277
  • [2009/10/08 14:13] Merov Linden: This is the last piece of the whole puzzle that needs to fall into place
  • [2009/10/08 14:13] Thickbrick Sleaford: i would certailyhelp with testing, but I don't think it depends on it
  • [2009/10/08 14:13] Thickbrick Sleaford: *it would
  • [2009/10/08 14:14] Merov Linden: I trust you on that Thickbrick :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:14] Morgaine Dinova: Off-topic, but Imprudence has a great new feature in the land audio stream code --- it lists the tracks named in ICY-INFO out to the console --- everyone loves it :-))
  • [2009/10/08 14:14] Merov Linden: So, there are still some 3 to 4 solid days of work before finishing all those and start testing for real
  • [2009/10/08 14:16] Merov Linden: I wrote an small "Hello World" plugin BTW with doc (not public yet) that I planned to post on the public wiki
  • [2009/10/08 14:16] Morgaine Dinova: I don't suppose land stream audio is moved into the llmedia plugin is it?
  • [2009/10/08 14:16] Merov Linden: I haven't done it yet as we don't really have a good plugin enabled Snowglobe to speak off
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Morgaine Dinova: That's cool Merov, examples really accelerate people's experimenting :-)
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Pixel Gausman: Merov: can u post the HelloWorld doc now, so we can peek?
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Merov Linden: Morgaine: you are correct: land stream audio is not going through the plugin
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Thickbrick Sleaford: it's not?
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Morgaine Dinova: Thought not, aye. Pity
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Merov Linden: Thickbrick: nope
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Robin Cornelius: Is there any plans to make audio play be plugin enabled then?
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Thickbrick Sleaford: I think that's part of the confusin on SNOW-277
  • [2009/10/08 14:17] Merov Linden: the parcel media does
  • [2009/10/08 14:18] Robin Cornelius: seems silly loading gst via plugin AND linking to it
  • [2009/10/08 14:18] Merov Linden: I think so too
  • [2009/10/08 14:18] Morgaine Dinova: Maybe that's something commnity can work on, a plugin version of land audio.
  • [2009/10/08 14:18] Ardy Lay: Merov, some people have asked if they will be able to use AAC audio streams.
  • [2009/10/08 14:18] Merov Linden: Ardy: I don't know about this really
  • [2009/10/08 14:19] Merov Linden: that'll require land audio to work through or support the plugin architecture as well
  • [2009/10/08 14:19] Morgaine Dinova: After all, the gst modules have always been a royal pain for running 32-bit client on 64-bit Linux, so if it could be done in a plugin it would be vastly easier.
  • [2009/10/08 14:19] Merov Linden: which as Morgaine said is likely desirable
  • [2009/10/08 14:20] Ardy Lay: If we fedd it to the media stream is plays. Audio stream seems to be limited.
  • [2009/10/08 14:20] Thickbrick Sleaford: (hmm, the linux Snowglobe doesn't link to gst anymore)
  • [2009/10/08 14:20] Merov Linden: I don't know BTW why land streaming audio was left out
  • [2009/10/08 14:20] Robin Cornelius: doesn't link to gst? how does parcel audio work now then?
  • [2009/10/08 14:21] Thickbrick Sleaford: it diesnt...
  • [2009/10/08 14:21] Merov Linden: wishes Tofu was there...
  • [2009/10/08 14:21] Robin Cornelius: heh
  • [2009/10/08 14:21] Thickbrick Sleaford: it doesn't work on Linux unless you add <impl> to the audio mime types in mime_types.xml
  • [2009/10/08 14:21] Merov Linden: Tofu refactored the whole audio code and did gst work on Linux
  • [2009/10/08 14:23] Merov Linden: well, let's take 277 as an opportunity to ask those questions to Tofu
  • [2009/10/08 14:24] Ardy Lay: Can do
  • [2009/10/08 14:24] Merov Linden: I know BTW that the internal branch also has audio issues here and there
  • [2009/10/08 14:24] Merov Linden: so it's not an artefact of the merge
  • [2009/10/08 14:24] Merov Linden: not sure this is really a good news...
  • [2009/10/08 14:25] Merov Linden: well, considering the number of IM, emails, etc... I received following SNOW-222 merge and audio issues, I'd say that all audio issues are blocker for 1.2
  • [2009/10/08 14:25] Merov Linden: quite clearly
  • [2009/10/08 14:26] Merov Linden: Thanks BTW to Thickbrick and Aimee for their help with all that
  • [2009/10/08 14:26] Morgaine Dinova: This is curious. I've been running ldd on 6-8 different Snowglobes to check which link gstreamer, and none of them do except for Techwolf's standalone build. That can't be right ...
  • [2009/10/08 14:26] Aimee Trescothick:  :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:27] Thickbrick Sleaford: Morgain: same here on LL's Test Build
  • [2009/10/08 14:27] Morgaine Dinova: Odd
  • [2009/10/08 14:27] Morgaine Dinova: I think we do need Tofu, yeah :-))
  • [2009/10/08 14:28] Merov Linden: indeed
  • [2009/10/08 14:28] Thickbrick Sleaford: it makes sense, though - no need for it anymore now that it's a plugin, but the plugn stuff neeeds to be sorted out
  • [2009/10/08 14:28] Merov Linden: let's not be too shy of asking those questions on sldev BTW
  • [2009/10/08 14:28] Techwolf Lupindo: The only thing I do on my builds is enable gstreamer in cmake and patch OUT the gstreamer disable in the wrapper script.
  • [2009/10/08 14:29] Merov Linden: ok, I think that's it on SNOW-222 and fall out
  • [2009/10/08 14:29] Merov Linden: anything else?
  • [2009/10/08 14:29] Merov Linden: folks jumping in to help?
  • [2009/10/08 14:29] Techwolf Lupindo: Right now, i'me catching up on snowglobe changes, I've been out of touch due to RL issues.
  • [2009/10/08 14:29] Morgaine Dinova: Tech: that explains why yours works fine, but doesn't explain why the standard Snow builds also work :D
  • [2009/10/08 14:29] Thickbrick Sleaford: what about the nifty test app Aimee showed in her demos?
  • [2009/10/08 14:29] Merov Linden: the all is in test_apps
  • [2009/10/08 14:30] Merov Linden: under indra
  • [2009/10/08 14:30] Thickbrick Sleaford: I don't think it gest built
  • [2009/10/08 14:30] Merov Linden: the VNC plugin is hers though
  • [2009/10/08 14:30] Merov Linden: no it doesn't get build
  • [2009/10/08 14:30] Aimee Trescothick: I have a feeling the test apps was not working in Linux for some reason
  • [2009/10/08 14:30] Aimee Trescothick: I can't remember what was said
  • [2009/10/08 14:30] Merov Linden: but it's in the svn source
  • [2009/10/08 14:31] Thickbrick Sleaford: well, we could use them to... test
  • [2009/10/08 14:31] Aimee Trescothick: but I've only tried it on the Mac
  • [2009/10/08 14:31] Merov Linden: same here
  • [2009/10/08 14:32] Techwolf Lupindo: (catching up on things) I see a patch of mine got commted.
  • [2009/10/08 14:32] Merov Linden: Thickbrick: the test app is great to test and develop a plugin
  • [2009/10/08 14:32] Merov Linden: for sure
  • [2009/10/08 14:32] Thickbrick Sleaford: I'm Cmake-illiterate - how do I build them?
  • [2009/10/08 14:33] Merov Linden: hmm... I need to check my wiki for this :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:33] Merov Linden: ok, next on the agenda is the list of texture downloading issues
  • [2009/10/08 14:34] Merov Linden: SNOW-269
  • [2009/10/08 14:34] JIRA-helper: http//jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-269:
  • [#SNOW-269] Texture Fetch: and Decode Issues
  • [2009/10/08 14:34] Merov Linden: it's a laundry list of various things
  • [2009/10/08 14:35] Merov Linden: We did fix some recently and I captured others by accident while working on 222 (like the IMG_DEFAULT issue)
  • [2009/10/08 14:35] Merov Linden: so it might be useful to run through them again at the next test sprint
  • [2009/10/08 14:35] Merov Linden: what do you think?
  • [2009/10/08 14:36] Merov Linden: who's planning to come to the sprint BTW?
  • [2009/10/08 14:36] Ardy Lay: I should be able to be here.
  • [2009/10/08 14:36] Merov Linden: Rob sent an email yesterday on this I think
  • [2009/10/08 14:36] Pixel Gausman: Merov: when is it?
  • [2009/10/08 14:36] Thickbrick Sleaford: most are not easy to repro
  • [2009/10/08 14:36] Merov Linden: Tuesday
  • [2009/10/08 14:37] Merov Linden: Octiber 13, 2pm
  • [2009/10/08 14:37] Merov Linden: October
  • [2009/10/08 14:38] Merov Linden: Thickbrick: you're right about the repro issue
  • [2009/10/08 14:38] Pixel Gausman: Tuesday is badness for me, my dance card looks full.
  • [2009/10/08 14:38] Aimee Trescothick: I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but will try
  • [2009/10/08 14:38] Merov Linden: I do appreaciate you fixing some of those though
  • [2009/10/08 14:39] Merov Linden: well, you can test and submit bugs anytime of course :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:39] Merov Linden: the idea of a sprint though is to make it in a fun collaborative way
  • [2009/10/08 14:39] Merov Linden: testing can be a rather tedious exercise
  • [2009/10/08 14:39] Twisted Laws: i should make it :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:40] Merov Linden: k, well, I hope that more than 2 people will make it :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:40] Thickbrick Sleaford: will probably be here
  • [2009/10/08 14:41] Merov Linden: it's hard to find a time that accomodate everyone though
  • [2009/10/08 14:41] Ardy Lay: Does anybody else see "displaced slider divots" on the graphics tab of the preferences dialog?
  • [2009/10/08 14:42] Thickbrick Sleaford: yes
  • [2009/10/08 14:42] Merov Linden: OK, any issue on that 269 laundry list that we should consider as a critical blocker?
  • [2009/10/08 14:43] Merov Linden: k, well, I gather from the silence that this needs more thoughts...
  • [2009/10/08 14:44] Merov Linden: going through it Tuesday will help assess the criticity of each
  • [2009/10/08 14:44] Merov Linden: We're at the end of the agenda for today
  • [2009/10/08 14:44] Merov Linden: we had a lot of commits to the trunk these last 2 weeks
  • [2009/10/08 14:44] Techwolf Lupindo: Indevetelly, maybe not, but as a whole, yes as that can effect the overall user experence.
  • [2009/10/08 14:45] Merov Linden: so we're moving rather fast toward 1.2 I think
  • [2009/10/08 14:45] Strife Onizuka: (oh no, we'll start having to think about 1.3)
  • [2009/10/08 14:45] Ardy Lay: Of course I would like to see them fixed but I think things like SNOW-268 fixed soonest.
  • [2009/10/08 14:45] JIRA-helper: http//jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-268:
  • [#SNOW-268] moving the: camera to an object and touching it, the camera returns back to avatar.
  • [2009/10/08 14:45] Merov Linden: BTW, Mm Alder asked a question on sldev on the process and updated the wiki as a result: [2]
  • [2009/10/08 14:45] Merov Linden: Ardy: 268 is a must fix for 1.2
  • [2009/10/08 14:46] Merov Linden: it's not a texture loading issue though
  • [2009/10/08 14:46] Ardy Lay: That one is a real annoying one.
  • [2009/10/08 14:46] Merov Linden: that's why it's not in 269 list
  • [2009/10/08 14:46] Morgaine Dinova: lol @ camera issues. Just move Camera Reset Linden into LL Finance, all the camera problems will be solved :P
  • [2009/10/08 14:46] Merov Linden: agree
  • [2009/10/08 14:46] Strife Onizuka: hehe
  • [2009/10/08 14:47] Ardy Lay: I want to find that function and beat it with a stick.
  • [2009/10/08 14:47] Aimee Trescothick: lol
  • [2009/10/08 14:47] Merov Linden: also, to track progress toward "Zero bug / RC", you can use that dashboard querry: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW
  • [2009/10/08 14:47] Merov Linden: I find it rather useful myself
  • [2009/10/08 14:49] Mm Alder: Speaking of RC: Why haven't we seen an RC for the standard viewer?
  • [2009/10/08 14:49] Merov Linden: the viewer 2.0 you mean Mm Alder?
  • [2009/10/08 14:49] Pixel Gausman: perks
  • [2009/10/08 14:49] Mm Alder: Could be.
  • [2009/10/08 14:50] Mm Alder: Whatever follows 1.23.4
  • [2009/10/08 14:50] Ardy Lay: 1.24 :-)
  • [2009/10/08 14:50] Merov Linden: yeap, that's that in my understanding
  • [2009/10/08 14:50] Thickbrick Sleaford: I thought renaming it from 2009 to 2.0 was to prevent the embarasment of failing to release in 2010 too
  • [2009/10/08 14:50] Morgaine Dinova: Camera Reset Linden has a lot to answer for ... https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-8820
  • [2009/10/08 14:50] [[User:JIRA-helper: [#VWR-8820|JIRA-helper: [#VWR-8820]]:
  • [2009/10/08 14:50] Morgaine Dinova:  :P
  • [2009/10/08 14:51] Merov Linden: well, I really can't comment on why and what their plan is
  • [2009/10/08 14:51] Ardy Lay: I follow Trunk and OSS-Viewer and am curious if they have different goals.
  • [2009/10/08 14:51] Morgaine Dinova: I think he should get his own office hours :P
  • [2009/10/08 14:51] Aimee Trescothick: the camera code is pretty quirky, you only have to look at it sideways and it tries to hide behind the avatar
  • [2009/10/08 14:51] Merov Linden: there are some dates for beta and presentation etc... but that would be stepping out of my role to throw that out
  • [2009/10/08 14:52] Merov Linden: plus, to be honest, I do not know the details so I'll likely say stupid (and embarrasing) things
  • [2009/10/08 14:52] Techwolf Lupindo: That hasn't stop you before...has it? :-X
  • [2009/10/08 14:53] Merov Linden: as long as the only one who's embarrassed is me, no problem :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:53] Strife Onizuka: i wasn't going to go there
  • [2009/10/08 14:53] Merov Linden: I don't want to embarrass others though
  • [2009/10/08 14:53] Morgaine Dinova: The world would be a very quiet place if we weren't allowed to say embarrassing things :P
  • [2009/10/08 14:54] Strife Onizuka: mmm fresh toast
  • [2009/10/08 14:54] Robin Cornelius: ok night all
  • [2009/10/08 14:54] Merov Linden: Ardy: on trunk and oss-viewer, are you also following Snowglobe/trunk?
  • [2009/10/08 14:55] Morgaine Dinova: Take some salad with the toast Strife, it's at my feet
  • [2009/10/08 14:55] Ardy Lay: Merov, Yes, I follow Snowglobe and build it frequently.
  • [2009/10/08 14:55] Pixel Gausman: hey! i resemble that remark! :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:55] Strife Onizuka: nods and slices off some eggplant
  • [2009/10/08 14:55] Ardy Lay: That's my primary viewer
  • [2009/10/08 14:55] Morgaine Dinova: Hehe
  • [2009/10/08 14:55] Merov Linden: nice! :)
  • [2009/10/08 14:56] Ardy Lay: Merov, any chance I can have the source that built Second_Life_1-18-5-73655_WindLight ?
  • [2009/10/08 14:56] Pixel Gausman: Ardy: wow, that goes back
  • [2009/10/08 14:56] Strife Onizuka: why?
  • [2009/10/08 14:56] Merov Linden: so trunk is the maintenance tip at that point, oss-viewer is the internal branch where I merge stuff before merging them in snowglobe
  • [2009/10/08 14:56] Ardy Lay: It's awesome for picture taking.
  • [2009/10/08 14:56] Strife Onizuka: oh
  • [2009/10/08 14:57] Merov Linden: you don't really need to follow it if you have snowglobe (or just to keep track may be of what's coming)
  • [2009/10/08 14:57] Ardy Lay: Makes laver viewers look like cheap polorids.
  • [2009/10/08 14:57] Ardy Lay: later
  • [2009/10/08 14:57] Mm Alder: Will Linden provide any plugins for the new Plugin API?
  • [2009/10/08 14:57] Ardy Lay: I liked the way Windlight rendered wy back then.
  • [2009/10/08 14:57] Merov Linden: for 1_18, I don't know where that is
  • [2009/10/08 14:57] Merov Linden: pretty old stuff
  • [2009/10/08 14:58] Merov Linden: predate me coming to LL
  • [2009/10/08 14:58] Thickbrick Sleaford: [3]
  • [2009/10/08 14:58] Strife Onizuka: you probably only needMM, LL is going to provide atleast one sample plugin
  • [2009/10/08 14:58] Ardy Lay: I should bug Brian for it I guess.
  • [2009/10/08 14:59] Merov Linden: Mm Alder: we already provide plugins coded against the new Plugin API
  • [2009/10/08 14:59] Morgaine Dinova: The idea is that the community creates plugins. And if there aren't 100 in a year's time, I'll be pretty surprised. :-) [Assume that the API is fleshed out]
  • [2009/10/08 14:59] Merov Linden:  : webkit, quicktime and gstreamer
  • [2009/10/08 14:59] Melinda Latynina: 1.18 was before any code sanitizing took place prior to open sourcing, so i'd guess that would never be released, nor would i expect anyone to be able to do anything useful with it even if they did.
  • [2009/10/08 15:00] Aimee Trescothick: is making the Pony-on-a-prim plug-in a high priority
  • [2009/10/08 15:00] Morgaine Dinova: Haha
  • [2009/10/08 15:00] Techwolf Lupindo: My Little Pony
  • [2009/10/08 15:00] Merov Linden: there's an OpenGL pony example that you may want to use to show OpenGL rendering on a prim... and a Pony... :)
  • [2009/10/08 15:00] Aimee Trescothick:  :D
  • [2009/10/08 15:01] Morgaine Dinova: Teapot first, always!
  • [2009/10/08 15:01] Meggan Faith: A way to communicate between scripts and plugins would be really cool. (I mean something not as hackish as llOwnerSay("@...");
  • [2009/10/08 15:01] Pixel Gausman: Morgaine:+1 teapot
  • [2009/10/08 15:01] Aimee Trescothick: Morgaine++
  • [2009/10/08 15:01] Morgaine Dinova: LOL, not sure if that was a consensus of approval for the GL teapot or for tea ^_^
  • [2009/10/08 15:02] Merov Linden: I visited the SV Computer History Museum and they claim to have there the *original* teapot
  • [2009/10/08 15:02] Merov Linden: when I saw it, the docent told me so...
  • [2009/10/08 15:02] Strife Onizuka: LOL
  • [2009/10/08 15:02] Morgaine Dinova: Heh, nice
  • [2009/10/08 15:02] Merov Linden: I bowed and touch the ground with my forehead...
  • [2009/10/08 15:02] Merov Linden: he was rather surprised :D
  • [2009/10/08 15:02] Morgaine Dinova: creases up
  • [2009/10/08 15:02] Thickbrick Sleaford: heh
  • [2009/10/08 15:03] Nyss Elytis: haha
  • [2009/10/08 15:03] Ardy Lay: Teapot
  • [2009/10/08 15:03] Melinda Latynina: heh, i saw it once too. it's a rather ordinary teapot
  • [2009/10/08 15:03] Ardy Lay: This one contains the sculpt maps used to produce it.
  • [2009/10/08 15:03] Merov Linden: that was apparently something a grad student grabbed and digitized
  • [2009/10/08 15:03] Techwolf Lupindo: Hmm...I need to find out the big deal with this "teapot"...
  • [2009/10/08 15:04] Thickbrick Sleaford: [4]
  • [2009/10/08 15:04] Merov Linden: teapot (Utah), you also need a rabbit (Stanford)
  • [2009/10/08 15:04] Morgaine Dinova: I think we need a rule in this amphitheater, that everything rezzed must be open source :-))
  • [2009/10/08 15:04] Merov Linden: wondering where Lena and the Mandrill are
  • [2009/10/08 15:05] Ardy Lay: Should be able to take a copy of this teapot.
  • [2009/10/08 15:05] Morgaine Dinova: Lena's described on Wikipedia
  • [2009/10/08 15:05] Melinda Latynina: this one rezed here is not the original one. see thickbrick's page for photos
  • [2009/10/08 15:05] Ardy Lay: But we often bring other contend that is broken that isn't ours to give away to test with.
  • [2009/10/08 15:05] Merov Linden: k, we're after hour already
  • [2009/10/08 15:05] Ardy Lay: No, this is NOT the original teapot that I rezzed here. Not even close.
  • [2009/10/08 15:05] Merov Linden: thanks all for coming
  • [2009/10/08 15:06] Ardy Lay: Thanks Merov.
  • [2009/10/08 15:06] Morgaine Dinova: Thanks Merov
  • [2009/10/08 15:06] Merov Linden: you can stick around and chat of course
  • [2009/10/08 15:06] Morgaine Dinova: UXIG time
  • [2009/10/08 15:06] Twisted Laws: thanks, cya later
  • [2009/10/08 15:06] Merov Linden: hope to see you *Tuesday* at the sprint!