Release Notes/Second Life Release/1.17
From Second Life Wiki
Release Notes for Second Life 1.17.3(0) July 5, 2007
- Added muting for permissions requests
- Added viewer channel info to Help > About Second Life...
- llOwnerSay messages possible : Request for making identification of
- : Progressive memory consumption (leak) since 1.17.1
- : Quirk in net.cpp
- : Violation against the conding standard in llfloaterchat.cpp
- : Avatars eyes are constantly crossing in 1.17
- : [Linux VWR] Signal 7 (SIGBUS) Error (caused by libtcmalloc)
- : A patch set is provided to add an optional 'Confirm Exit' pop-up window for most user client exit methods. Prevents the 'Accidental Quit'.
- : Include the SL date & day with the time
- : Blurry arrows in camera control and other graphics issues
- : Inconsistency in order of AV texture layer between the upper and lower body
- Fixed Top Scripts window not refreshing when button is pressed while Top Colliders list is still open
- Fixed odd text overlay on About Land > General tab
- Fixed format of llOwnerSay chat text
Release Notes for Second Life 1.17.2(0) June 27, 2007
- : Creating, re-rezzing, then editing an object results in a viewer crash
Release Notes for Second Life 1.17.1(0) June 22, 2007
- : Make "Give money" permissions look different than the other permissions
- : Added new menu item: Tools > Edit Linked Parts
- : PNG image support submission
- Sculpties now include a one-time explanation the first time a sculptie is created.
- Client and Server menus now have a one-time dialog box to explain what they are.
- "Skip 'Show next time' Dialogs..." button added to Preferences > Popups tab to skip all one time dialog boxes.
- Added Japanese and German language installers (Windows only)
- The version of Mozilla used in the client is updated to 184.108.40.206
- F1 help now opens an external browser to the Second Life support web site.
- F1 Help will now open an external browser to language specific support websites for Japanese, Korean and Portuguese based on client's language.
- Delay added to folder opening while dragging items in an inventory window with a vertical scroll bar.
- Default messages for postcards are replaced when adding text.
- In the Inventory window the Filter menu is consolidated into the File menu.
- The sculptie texture picker UI has changed to differentiate it from the surface texture picker.
- Added support for alternate sculptie edge stitching.
- : LSL constant expression folding and proper constant parsing
- Fixed : Accounts with negative L$ balance can't buy L$0 freebie
- Fixed : Objects are visible at <0,0,0> (sometimes before moving to their correct position)
- Fixed : Searching for Classifieds with blank field results no results
- Fixed : Minor memory leak in lltexturecache.cpp
- Fixed : Camera Controls keyboard shortcuts broke
- Fixed : Possible crash in llfloaterland.cpp / line 1556
- Fixed : Built-in avatar animations stop suddenly, rather than fading out. (jerky head movement)
- Fixed : Avatars eyes are constantly crossing in 1.17
- Fixed : LLMuteList::loadFromFile() improperly parses the mute list returned from the service
- Fixed : About Land floater is not resizable, ban and access lists too small
- Fixed : Trivial sizeof() miscalculatuion results in incomplete copying of CPU Brand ID string in CProcessor::AnalyzeAMDProcessor()
- Fixed : Unchecking "Go Away/AFK When Idle" doesn't work when manually setting Away status
- Fixed : Boost inclusion is inconsistent
- Fixed : Reading length data for a four-byte Variable template message misstores the length
- Fixed : ELFIO is technically optional, make this easy to capitalise on
- Fixed : sculpt texture map does not load or low priority when the texture itself is not visible in viewer frame or not cached
- Fixed : Dead members "eVertexDataMask;" in various objects
- Fixed : llvfs.cpp: possible loss of memory blocks in LLVFS:audit()
- Fixed : "Create new..." clothing buttons don't auto-wear items
- Fixed llStopSound() not working :
- Fixed : Incorrect menu item referred to when member of maximum number of groups and a group invite is received
- Fixed : When turning off Flexible Object rendering, flexible objects become permanently invisible
- Fixed : A harmless compiler warning in indra.l.cpp
- Fixed : Some source files (llprocessor.cpp and llsdserialize_tut.cpp) contain non-ASCII characters
- Fixed : Abuse report tool should autofill abuser name when reporting an object
- Fixed : Crash in llscrolllistctl.cpp when sorting scroll list
- Fixed : Unicode supplementary characters typed in from keybaord are not handled properly on Windows (and potentially on Linux)
- Fixed : Automatically start renaming new user-created assets and automatically select new user-created folders
- Fixed : Chat logs do not have timestamps
- Fixed : Viewer memory leak
- Fixed : Inconsistent behaviour between agent_slide_left / agent_slide_right, and the rest of the movement functions.
- Fixed : Keystrokes are eaten by IME when no text input is possible, on Windows using Japanese
- Fixed : Inexplicable folding of Avatars such that they are walking around with their heads up their arses
- Fixed : Viewer generates undesired dialog when IM comes in while minimized
- Fixed : If a Find/Search returns no results, the results list is still focused and an attempt is made to select the first result anyway.
- Fixed : SConstruct script makes many assumptions that are invalid outside LL
- Fixed : Calling DestroyWindow with NULL window handle (win32 version)
- Fixed : Textures become increasingly blurry over time on systems with > ~2GB RAM
- Fixed : Compiler errors in llwebbrowserctrl.h
- Fixed : seg fault in lldrawpool.cpp
- Fixed : Zero missing in Sub-unit snap grid. for small fraction like 1/16 and 1/32
- Fixed : Get rid of "Return All"
- Fixed Inventory's "Recent Items" tab settings not persisting across logins
- Fixed line breaks showing up as * in various windows.
Release Notes for Second Life 1.17.0(12) June 13, 2007
- Inventory transfers
- Auto-accept inventory and auto-preview texture/notecard/landmark are now separate preferences.
- Viewing an embedded notecard or landmark no longer adds it to your inventory.
- Muting the sender of notecards, inventory, textures, etc., now removes all blue pop-ups in the upper right corner from that sender.
- Offline inventory transfers and group invites now include the name of the item or group, along with group role, in the email.
- Added "Clear Browser Cache" button to web prefs.
- This only affects the embedded browser, not any other browsers installed on your system
- Embedded Mozilla browser now supports cookies.
- Preliminary support added to the Windows installer for selecting a language (English, Korean)
- Closing a changed Classified now confirms changes
- Fixed a client crash while in startup
- Fixed group chat reopening with one message and an error after closing group chat
- Fixed "Stop All Animations" when stuck in an animation after teleporting
- Fixed group messages to allow the use of UTF8 characters
- Fixed "Show Owners" from automatically turning on again
- Fixed an issue with "Release Controls" when an object is taken and rerezed.
- Fixed an issue with texture picker not displaying any results unless inventory had been shown
- Fixed chat history to not show muted resident chat
- Fixed "Mute Resident" button, now opens the user picker
- Fixed group ability settings for group owners in German language viewer
- Fixed embedded Mozilla browser to work with HTTPS sites (affected Windows only)
- Notecards no longer display the "Keep" and "Discard" buttons when opened from inventory
- Acquired date is now set for items dragged from the contents of a container prim
- : crash when opening several gestures quickly
- : Minor memory leak in llfloaterpreferences.cpp and a tiny leak in llstatup.cpp
- : Various memory leaks in the group dialog
- : More bad f00d: Two minor (or inconsequential) misses of initializing object members
- : Memory violation through uninitialized variable (invisible or unrendered flexis)
- : Possible hard-loop (endless, viewer-hang) in script editor
- : Toruses are borked after making/editing sculpted prims
- : Two unintialized variables in lltexturefetch.cpp
- : "Create new..." clothing buttons don't auto-wear items
- : Destructor forgets to delete mFloaterContros member in llui/llview.cpp
- : Destructor fails to clean up global menus in llviewermenu.cpp
- : Incorrect cleanup in message.cpp
- : Forgets to delete gToolInspect in lltoolmgr.cpp
- : Quirk in llviewerwindow.cpp
- : LLCurl not properly cleaned up
- : Cannot open embedded notecards in other notecards when Automatic preview of new notecards/textures/landmarks is off
- : New Feature -> UI -> Dialog -> Buy Copy/Contents -> Default Action -> Cancel
- : Text Editors should try to preserve X cursor position
- : Line editor history for recalling previously typed lines
- : Texture picker should highlight the texture in the swatch
- : Object editing arrows hidden but clickable on objects you can't edit.
- : Viewer memory leak