Second Life Mentor Q&A
From Second Life Wiki
The Second Life Mentor Q&A group is an official, optional learning group. New members are not being added at this time.
Reminder: This is an optional group and official Second Life Mentor group notices and information will still be posted via the main Mentors group. Please do not leave the required main Second Life Mentors group.
Second Life Mentor Q&A Channel Guidelines:
- Do not use the channel for casual chat. That belongs in private IMs. This group channel's focus should be on Enquiries and Answers.
- Use the channel to state a question that pertains to helping a resident in need.
- Use the channel to reply to a question with an answer or point in the right direction. The answer "I do not know" is not needed.
- Consolidate your question or answer when possible. For example, try to state your question completely and with as great detail as reasonable, so that those willing to respond do not have to ask many questions to reach a point of understanding. Try to aim for a 1:1 ratio of questions and answers: one message for a question, one question for an answer--when possible!
- Remember, by closing the chat you will not receive messages from the channel until your next login. Use this for instances where you do not want to be involved or do not want to read any chat from this channel.
- Please do not use this to rally mentors, seek replacement volunteers for Orientation Islands, seek direct Linden help or otherwise state requests. This should be a Question and Answers group channel.
- Tao of Volunteer ethics and attitude apply, as always!
- A Mentor who has been warned more than one time for violating these guidelines may be removed from this optional group.