Simulator User Group/Transcripts/2011.11.11

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.11.08 Next 2011.11.15

List of Speakers

Andrew Linden AnnMarie Otoole Ardy Lay
Fancy Detector Jonathan Yap Kadah Coba
Kallista Destiny Kaluura Boa Keli Kyrie
Kelly Linden Motor Loon Nalates Urriah
NielArcher Pauline Darkfury Rex Cronon
Sahkolihaa Contepomi Siana Gearz Simon Linden
Susie Chaffe TankMaster Finesmith Vernes Veranes
Vincent Nacon

Transcript

[16:01] Motor Loon: ey Simon

[16:01] Vincent Nacon: heya

[16:01] Nalates Urriah: hello

[16:01] TankMaster Finesmith: welcome, andrew

[16:01] Keli Kyrie: Hello Sinon and Andrew

[16:02] Andrew Linden: Hello

[16:02] Kaluura Boa: Good morning!

[16:02] Vincent Nacon: and good night!

[16:02] Simon Linden: Happy 11-11-11 everyone

[16:02] Vincent Nacon: aye

[16:02] Motor Loon: the big wedding day

[16:02] Motor Loon: anyone got married today?

[16:03] Jonathan Yap: Congratulations Motor

[16:03] Andrew Linden: I forgot to celebrate at 11:11:11 this morning.

[16:03] Vincent Nacon: no? they're too busy playing MW3 and Skyrim

[16:03] Motor Loon: oh shit, I didnt'... wouldnt make the same mistake twice ,-)

[16:03] Keli Kyrie: you get another one at 11:11pm tonight

[16:03] Simon Linden: I was in a meeting :P

[16:04] Andrew Linden: Ok news...

[16:04] Andrew Linden: I haven't kept up to date with the kernel upgrade, but perhaps Simon knows the latest details.

[16:05] Simon Linden: Well, the last upgrade is all done, but unfortunately we traded one problem for another

[16:05] Andrew Linden: I think we've settled on going to 3.0.0, it will start soon, and will take a few weeks to finish.

[16:05] Rex Cronon: greetings all

[16:05] TankMaster Finesmith: fun times

[16:05] Kaluura Boa: Again?

[16:05] Andrew Linden: Er... I was talking about the next kernel upgrade, yet to be done.

[16:05] TankMaster Finesmith: are you going to start before or after thx giving?

[16:05] Simon Linden: We're doing tests on a new candidate version, but I don't know the schedule on that. IT should help us a lot with disk performance when a server host gets overloaded, however

[16:06] Simon Linden: Testing has started already, we won't roll out anything until that's done

[16:06] Simon Linden: ... and we're definitely happy with performance numbers

[16:06] Andrew Linden: This is to try to fix the region crossing problem about which a bunch of people showed up here last week.

[16:06] Ardy Lay: "bunch"

[16:06] Simon Linden: It should also help with some of the bad dips in performance we've all seen too

[16:07] TankMaster Finesmith: just a handfull of people...

[16:07] Andrew Linden: Oh really? Testing isn't done yet? I thought it was all done. But maybe it was just done enough to convince us to look further into 3.0.0

[16:07] Andrew Linden: I guess, we know the known problem is reduced, but we'd want to look for new unknown problems.

[16:07] Simon Linden: Right, the first round of tests ... that show the new one helps with the disk swapping issues ... is done. The rest of the testing is to be sure everything else runs OK

[16:08] Simon Linden: We had some bugs like that one where notecards would stop reading, were caused by the upgrade last time

[16:08] Simon Linden: We definitely want to avoid that :)

[16:09] Andrew Linden: I've been working on some internal web services so that isn't very interesting.

[16:09] Andrew Linden: I realized that we forgot to take a trip "The Corn Field" back closer to Halloween

[16:09] Andrew Linden: so I figured I could open it up today after this meeting

[16:10] Andrew Linden: if anyone wants to make a pilgrimage

[16:10] Simon Linden: I've started chasing memory leaks recently ... fixed two yesterday

[16:10] Sahkolihaa Contepomi: Woo.

[16:10] Vernes Veranes: internal webservices? as in, nothing we will see?

[16:10] NielArcher: mmmmm cornnn

[16:11] Andrew Linden: Yeah, viewers would not consume this webservice -- it is for simulator<-->simulator communication or large chunks of data

[16:11] TankMaster Finesmith: ah

[16:11] Andrew Linden: but maybe we'll eventualy open up some caps to select files that are being written by the simulator

[16:11] Motor Loon: as in..."simcrossing data" ?

[16:12] Andrew Linden: this is for big chunks of data that the simulator might need to create -- not an asset that we'd want to keep around for a long time, but data that is big enough to want to grab it via http

[16:12] Andrew Linden: not for region crossings yet, we might be able to leverage it for that someday... dunno

[16:13] Andrew Linden: but maybe for a compressed interestlist superset on login?

[16:13] Fancy Detector: Brett Linden has arrived!

[16:13] Keli Kyrie: Hi Brett

[16:13] Andrew Linden: Initially I'll use it to trade internal data, but maybe it will prove useful to open up some chunk of data via capabilities.

[16:13] TankMaster Finesmith: bye brett

[16:14] Motor Loon: Brett just chews gum and take names...

[16:15] Vincent Nacon: awfully sounds like Duke Nukem

[16:15] Motor Loon: Gotta be good then...

[16:15] Vernes Veranes: A sim telling the viewer even before logging in its... assets?

[16:16] Kallista Destiny: Hmmm I always thought that taking names was associated with somethimg more vigorous than chewing gumb

[16:16] Kallista Destiny: Gum

[16:16] Simon Linden: It might be a big chunk of the region data that doesn't change .... now things are all downloaded piecemeal, so just getting a big part of it should be faster

[16:16] Motor Loon: Nothing is more vigorous than gum chewing

[16:16] Simon Linden: ... it's an idea we've toyed with, but haven't taken very far

[16:16] TankMaster Finesmith: its just the guy doing rolecall for the union workers :P

[16:16] AnnMarie Otoole: Any resolution on the Le Tigre to Le Tigre sim crossing problem BEFORE it rolls out to the grid? SVC-7418

[16:16] JIRA-helper: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7418

[#SVC-7418] Objects crossing (some) sim boundaries fail to cross and get false error message.

[16:17] Andrew Linden: I'm not sure yet Vernes. We've kicked around ideas about making most of the static data in a region available via one big download, rather than getting lots of UDP packets.

[16:17] Simon Linden: yeah, that's on my plate AnnMarie ... I know the problem and will fix it

[16:17] Vernes Veranes: Large rpg city, preloaded before entering SL. might be a nice experience for users.

[16:17] AnnMarie Otoole: Cool thanks.

[16:17] Andrew Linden: This service might allow us to try that idea out, but it will be useful for other stuff too.

[16:17] Simon Linden: It's NOT rolling to the full grid next week because of that bug

[16:18] Vernes Veranes: Good to hear its an somewhat active subject at LL.

[16:19] Vernes Veranes: Custom viewer builders will like the idea of asking a sim some kind of crc check of the static data or something like that.

[16:20] Simon Linden: Right Vernes - we'd probably have a version number available. It would essentially pre-load a cache of region data

[16:20] Andrew Linden: Falcon's keyframing stuff will probably be promoted to the main channel. Anyone here been playing with that?

[16:21] TankMaster Finesmith: the key is int he fram

[16:21] NielArcher: I tried it a bit, was fun

[16:21] Susie Chaffe: yes....a bit...some parts are good....others not

[16:21] TankMaster Finesmith: frame*

[16:21] Andrew Linden: It is currently on Magnum RC

[16:21] Kaluura Boa: Not very precise... Objects drift a lot

[16:21] Andrew Linden: Really? They drift?

[16:21] Susie Chaffe: as Kaluura said----big drift

[16:22] Vincent Nacon: yeah, it's also affecting SetKeyFramedMotion

[16:22] Susie Chaffe: the errors become cumulative the more steps in the list

[16:22] Andrew Linden: Ok. Don't make any content that relies on drifing ;-) we'll probably break that misfeature soon.

[16:22] Kaluura Boa: They don't really reach theirdestination as we calculate it... And sometimes, they can be way off

[16:22] Vincent Nacon: problem is, Maestro can't reproduce it

[16:23] Simon Linden: hmm, that's pretty hard to fix then

[16:24] Susie Chaffe: I raised a question in the scripting forums....it includes two versions of a script to test with

[16:24] Andrew Linden: I'll bet someone will soon figure out a reliable repro recipe.

[16:24] Andrew Linden: You can ask here too Susie. What was the question?

[16:25] Susie Chaffe: easier to look at the script...and Kuluuras clean up http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/llSetKeyframedMotion-turning-a-corner/td-p/1225219

[16:25] Kaluura Boa: Hey! I was already sleepy when I wrote that... Don't trust anything I wrote...

[16:26] TankMaster Finesmith: lol

[16:26] Rex Cronon: now we have sleep-scripting:)

[16:27] Motor Loon: Personally, I do my best work when sleepy

[16:27] Keli Kyrie: that would explain at lot :p

[16:27] Keli Kyrie: a lot

[16:27] Kallista Destiny: Much is inded explained.

[16:28] Vincent Nacon: viewer crashed..

[16:28] Rex Cronon: wb

[16:28] Simon Linden: What ends up breaking with that script?

[16:29] Simon Linden: ... or I mean, not working the way you expect?

[16:29] Kaluura Boa: The calculations are theoretically correct but doing 4 quarters of circles doesn't bring you back to yourstarting point...

[16:29] Susie Chaffe: the final position should be the same as the start..but its not...and the variance is no way consistant

[16:30] Simon Linden: so turning 4 times 90 degress to the left, for example, and you don't face the original direction?

[16:30] Kaluura Boa: Nope... Not at all...

[16:30] Rex Cronon: rounding errors...

[16:30] Kaluura Boa: My guess too...

[16:31] Simon Linden: Rounding errors shouldn't be _that_ bad

[16:31] Pauline Darkfury: Depends how you do the maths, tbh

[16:31] Kaluura Boa: The rounding error server never lags...

[16:31] TankMaster Finesmith: deg rounded to what?45?

[16:31] Susie Chaffe: angular range from 0.05 to 3.7 degrees so far

[16:31] Rex Cronon: they have to work with pie values, that is why:)

[16:31] Simon Linden: That's the error range, Susie?

[16:31] Kallista Destiny: rounding error shoud converge on a slightly new but then consistant position

[16:31] Susie Chaffe: yes Simon..so far

[16:31] Pauline Darkfury: if you do original_rot * (llEulerToRot(n*angle)), the error is lower

[16:32] Pauline Darkfury: If you do delta_rot = llEulerToRot(angle), then apply that 4 times, the error will get bigger

[16:32] Andrew Linden: Ooooh. Each step in the keyframe is relative to the previous one?

[16:32] Susie Chaffe: correct..so cumulative error

[16:32] Kallista Destiny: Ys

[16:32] Pauline Darkfury: But not sure if that maps onto the new key frame stuff

[16:32] Vincent Nacon: yes, it's local

[16:32] Andrew Linden: I don't think it is possible to do that without cumulative error

[16:32] Simon Linden: yeah, that will start adding up

[16:33] Kaluura Boa: That's the problem with llSKfM()... Everything is relative

[16:33] Vincent Nacon: but how is Maestro Linden doing that without error in position?

[16:33] Susie Chaffe: so its back to the drawing board for a fresh approach

[16:33] Keli Kyrie: I have to log. bye everyone

[16:33] Simon Linden: Bye Keli

[16:33] Rex Cronon: tc

[16:33] Kallista Destiny: \but if you first caluclat where you are and then use the difference...

[16:33] Kallista Destiny: of where you want to be

[16:34] Pauline Darkfury: The answer is probably to do the key frame stuff, but also have an idea of what the final rot is supposed to be, correct for it using traditional methods, I'd guess

[16:34] Kaluura Boa: That's what I do in this little script... In a tortuous way...

[16:34] Rex Cronon: i also think that part of the problem lies with how rotation values r stored in prims

[16:34] Simon Linden: It seems like it should at least be consistent ... given the same exact starting postion and rotation, I'd expect the error to be the same. If it's not, then something else must also be a factor

[16:34] Kaluura Boa: One that that is missing is an event to warn us that we reach the end of the list... We could fix the drift...

[16:35] Kaluura Boa: One thing that*

[16:35] Kaluura Boa: moving_start() and moving_end() are very unreliable with llSKfM()

[16:35] Kallista Destiny: Well I;m afraid that the basic implementation of rotes was .... ummmmmm.. problematic.

[16:36] Susie Chaffe: the only method I have found to determine end of list is to set a target id

[16:36] Vincent Nacon: moving event do work. but they're only triggering at each frame

[16:37] Andrew Linden: Ok I'll ask Falcon about that "each step is local to last" implementation, and maybe ponder how it might be fixed.

[16:37] Kaluura Boa: And if you sit on the moving object, moving_start() and moving_end() are triggered at every frame... Not very useful...

[16:37] Andrew Linden: I think a fix for that is going to be tricky.

[16:37] Simon Linden: I wonder also how time is calculated in there ... if the server is slowing down so TD is significant, it might be losing accuacy there

[16:37] Vincent Nacon: there's also talk about setting new flags for Region/Local

[16:38] Vincent Nacon: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:LlSetKeyframedMotion

[16:38] Pauline Darkfury: Maybe you could use float64s internally to calculate the steps, then convert back to float32 at the end?

[16:38] Vincent Nacon: Strife suggested KFM_SHIFT_ROT and KFM_SHIFT_POS

[16:39] Andrew Linden: Yeah, I was pondering that too Pauline, however the numbers as specified at the level the LSL scripts are float32s

[16:39] Simon Linden: It's probably locked to whatever the physics engine is using, Pauline. Havok is doing a lot of this movement

[16:39] Pauline Darkfury: Yeah, that was just a wild guess, it will depend very much of just how the specific implementation is done right now

[16:39] Pauline Darkfury: and the various lib interfaces it uses

[16:40] TankMaster Finesmith: start using AVX instruction sets to get to 128 or 256 bits? :P

[16:40] Andrew Linden: So when doing progressive local-relative step calculations in LSL the drift will be there, and then what is the keyframe system supposed to do but do what the LSL script tells it?

[16:41] Andrew Linden: That is, the drift error is introduced at the LSL math required to build the progressive steps.

[16:42] Nalates Urriah: New function llESP(float users_mind, READ);

[16:42] Pauline Darkfury: or, maybe the fix could be to add a method to the KFM stuff to set absolute rot, for those that care. I.e. do a smooth, but error prone method, then have a step at the end of that to specify desired absolute rot?

[16:42] Motor Loon: hehe

[16:42] Vincent Nacon: don't you mean Key?

[16:42] Simon Linden: ... essentially a llSetRot() at the end?

[16:42] Kaluura Boa: I would really love absolute pos and rots!

[16:43] Pauline Darkfury: Yeah, provide a way to embed that in the KFM data

[16:43] Vincent Nacon: yeah just as Strife suggested

[16:43] Vincent Nacon: KFM_SHIFT_ROT and KFM_SHIFT_POS

[16:43] Pauline Darkfury: Some folks won't care about the errors, those that do can add an extra step

[16:43] Pauline Darkfury: Ahh, ok, same thing, I didn't spot that as same idea

[16:44] Vincent Nacon: without applying eithere of those flag would set otherwise

[16:44] Vincent Nacon: as default

[16:45] Andrew Linden: I wonder why each KF data point would be relative to the last. I'd have expected all points be relative to the starting point (origin).

[16:45] TankMaster Finesmith: you do know that both Intel and AMD support AVX now, right siana?

[16:45] Kaluura Boa: When I4m talking about absolute pos and rots, I'm wanting to have interpolations in between them... instead of the all relative current way

[16:45] Vincent Nacon: or maybe absolute as default and flags for Local

[16:45] Vincent Nacon: of course

[16:46] Simon Linden: I can see working sometimes in either frame of reference ... having the option to choose would definitely be the most powerful

[16:46] Vincent Nacon: didn't even think it would be local at first

[16:46] Kallista Destiny: You don't need extreme accuracy of computations if you use feedback.

[16:47] Kallista Destiny: you know whiter and where and whence

[16:48] Vincent Nacon: np

[16:49] Simon Linden: Welcome back

[16:49] Kallista Destiny: welcome back Andrew

[16:49] Andrew Linden: Woops. UI failure.

[16:49] Rex Cronon: wb

[16:49] Vincent Nacon: clicked on the X?

[16:49] Vincent Nacon: :P

[16:49] Kelly Linden: The new llTransferLindenDollars and transaction_result LSL function/event is up on a couple of regions on Aditi now. It isn't scheduled to get to RC until the week after thanksgiving at the earliest I think, however if you want to try it out it is on Bethel, Fortuna and Sandbox Wanderton on Aditi.

[16:49] Andrew Linden: I typed something into the location bar and teleporte 8-0

[16:50] Kallista Destiny: Oh dear

[16:50] TankMaster Finesmith: at least TPs are quick now so you can get back faster

[16:50] Simon Linden: My latest common UI problem is trying ctrl-h to bring up chat, but doing ctrl-shift-H and teleporting home :P

[16:50] TankMaster Finesmith: lol

[16:50] Vincent Nacon: force of habit?

[16:50] Kallista Destiny: Ilm orry I hav to go

[16:50] Vincent Nacon: seeya

[16:51] Simon Linden: I'm using the new viewer, and trying to get rid of all the buttons ... I'm down to 5

[16:51] Pauline Darkfury: So, before we reach the end, any word from Patch on mainland encroachment-return?

[16:51] Vincent Nacon: ^

[16:52] Kelly Linden: Which 5? I have voice, voice settings, people, inventory and snapshot.

[16:52] Simon Linden: actually, I just got to 3, when I realized I knew Inventory and Friends well enough

[16:52] Andrew Linden: Pauline, no word yet. I'll ask him for a status update.

[16:52] Simon Linden: microphone, landmarks and outfits

[16:52] Pauline Darkfury: Thanks :)

[16:53] Vincent Nacon: you can take outfit off since you rarely change

[16:53] Simon Linden: /rimshot

[16:54] Vincent Nacon: one more and you can yell out UNO

[16:54] Ardy Lay: Is there an inclusive list of keyboard shorcuts for Second Life Viewer 3.2.0?

[16:54] TankMaster Finesmith: yeah, just search inside the code...

[16:54] Simon Linden: I don't know of one, Ardy. It would be nice to see

[16:55] Nalates Urriah: There is a wiki page but it is a little out of date.

[16:55] Jonathan Yap: search all the xml files for "shortcut"

[16:55] Kadah Coba: You can just use inventory for outfits

[16:55] Kadah Coba: It works better anyway.

[16:56] Simon Linden: It would be nice if the tooltips for the buttons had the keyboard shortcuts too

[16:56] Vincent Nacon: guess that's everything for today?

[16:56] Jonathan Yap: Simon, write up a new feature jira

[16:56] Kadah Coba: There are, in the menu where the keyboard shortcuts come from

[16:57] Vincent Nacon: how about some Phoenix's news, Tank? ;)

[16:57] TankMaster Finesmith: look for a new FS release by Thx giving, thats our current targeted timeframe

[16:57] Andrew Linden: Phoenix is based on V1 right?

[16:57] Vincent Nacon: damn... too long

[16:57] Ardy Lay: Viewer needs a function that finds and displays all shorcuts.

[16:57] Pauline Darkfury: Phoenix is SG 1.5

[16:57] Vincent Nacon: yes

[16:57] TankMaster Finesmith: yes, andrew

[16:58] TankMaster Finesmith: still the most used viewer on SL to

[16:58] Pauline Darkfury: with lots of backported 2.x stuff

[16:58] Jonathan Yap: Ardy, the viewer knows all the shortcuts somehow, you just want a way to dump them out

[16:58] Andrew Linden: So it is using the old pipeline for getting map tiles, right? Or was that updated?

[16:58] TankMaster Finesmith: i think its still using the old way

[16:58] Vernes Veranes: Again, Andrew great to hear you mention "static data in a region". Stuff like that paves the way for other activities on the SecondLife plaform.

[16:58] TankMaster Finesmith: im not sure though

[16:58] Kadah Coba: Phoenix is nealy v2 with v1 UI code at this point.

[16:59] Andrew Linden: Such as, Vernes? What are you thinking of?

[16:59] Andrew Linden: Someday we're going to have to break the old mapcode download pipeline.

[16:59] TankMaster Finesmith: we will have a mesh capible phoe out probably in dec if things go well

[16:59] TankMaster Finesmith: thats fine andrew

[16:59] Andrew Linden: Before we do wei'll have to make sure Phoenix is using the new system.

[16:59] Vernes Veranes: Games that otherwise would not be possible. Games are a great crowd puller.

[16:59] TankMaster Finesmith: just let Oz know so he can tell us

[17:00] Siana Gearz: new system of what?

[17:00] Simon Linden: I hope we can make the old texture pipeline go away too

[17:00] Andrew Linden: New system for downloading map tiles.

[17:00] Siana Gearz: the S3 based one?

[17:00] Andrew Linden: Yes.

[17:00] Kaluura Boa: Beware what you're doing with the map tiles...

[17:00] Siana Gearz: Phoenix uses that.

[17:00] Siana Gearz: as does Singularity.

[17:00] Jonathan Yap: Andrew, can you see how much use the old map tile system is getting?

[17:00] Andrew Linden: Ok good. Thanks for that info.

[17:00] Siana Gearz: Imprudence and CoolVL do this in a limited manner too.

[17:00] Kaluura Boa: If we can't get them by UUID any more, you'll have another riot here...

[17:01] Pauline Darkfury: Mmmmm, but when we have all that disruption, how about the old idea bounced around here of giving us magic texture UUIDs which use the region's xxxx-yyyy grid pos, to allow map textures on things (as textures, without any webby overhead)

[17:01] Kadah Coba: For what I know, all SG based viewers are using the S3 maps

[17:01] Andrew Linden: Jonathan, that is a good question. There is probably some logs that would reveal, but it would be a good question to answer/monitor.

[17:01] Vincent Nacon: oh yeah, someone asked from last week about how many viewers are out there with Mesh source are in used. counting TPVs

[17:01] Vincent Nacon: didn't hear the answer back for it

[17:01] Nalates Urriah: yeah...

[17:02] Siana Gearz: Kadah, actually CoolVL and Imprudence have map system reverted to 1.23 code, with a change on top which CAN download S3 tiles, but only for highest LOD.

[17:02] Kelly Linden: Have a good weekend all! I need to head out.

[17:02] Kaluura Boa: The viewer statistics are secret!

[17:02] Nalates Urriah: bye K

[17:02] Rex Cronon: tc kelly

[17:02] Simon Linden: Bye Kelly

[17:02] Siana Gearz: btw, before UDP textures get shut off...

[17:02] Pauline Darkfury: Take care, Kelly, have a good one

[17:02] Andrew Linden: Thanks for reminding me Pauline. I really like that idea so I'll try again to get some other LL devs to ponder it with me.

[17:02] Siana Gearz: need to do something to keep alive connections on HTTP ones!

[17:02] Kadah Coba: Phoenix defaults to the old UDP texture pipe due to issues with the cap in general for a vast number of users.

[17:02] Siana Gearz: cause people keep complaining, their routers fall down.

[17:02] Nalates Urriah: The percent of total users on Mesh capable would be nice to know

[17:03] Vincent Nacon: aywe

[17:03] NielArcher: bye Kelly

[17:03] Vincent Nacon: aye*

[17:03] Simon Linden: Yes, the http methods need some attention

[17:03] Kadah Coba: What is texture-service.agni.lindenlab.com?

[17:03] Kadah Coba: Thats on a CDN isn't it?

[17:03] TankMaster Finesmith: Vince, about 1/3 of the logins are on a mesh capible viewer

[17:03] Kaluura Boa: Don't ask...

[17:03] Simon Linden: I think that code has some promise for really improving things

[17:04] Vincent Nacon: and I'm guessing those are FS counts?

[17:04] Andrew Linden: Anybody still want to visit "The Corn Field" today? Maybe we should have that party another day.

[17:04] Nalates Urriah: Tank, is that an estimate or from a real measurement?

[17:04] TankMaster Finesmith: yes vince

[17:04] TankMaster Finesmith: yes nal

[17:04] Vernes Veranes: The Corn Field? I'll take a look :)

[17:05] TankMaster Finesmith: real measuments, but rounded a bit

[17:05] Vincent Nacon: ahh but still don't know what is the total with SL's

[17:05] Rex Cronon: u got free popcorn there:)

[17:05] Vincent Nacon: hmmm

[17:05] Nalates Urriah: Thx Tank

[17:05] Vincent Nacon: anywho, thanks all

[17:05] Kadah Coba: All the run away meeroos go there

[17:05] Andrew Linden: Ok. I'll go the the Corn Field. Anyone who wants in should ask for a TP via IM

[17:05] Andrew Linden: and I"ll pull you in

[17:05] Simon Linden: I'm going to head out ... thanks everyone for coming

[17:05] Pauline Darkfury: Thanks, Lindens, take care, have a good one :)

[17:05] Andrew Linden: if you crash out or leave you won't be able to get back

[17:05] Rex Cronon: tc simon

[17:05] TankMaster Finesmith: have a great weekend, simon

[17:05] NielArcher: bye Simon

[17:05] Jonathan Yap: bye everyone

[17:05] Vincent Nacon: oh hmm sign me up, Andrew

[17:05] Simon Linden: Bye everyone :)

[17:06] Nalates Urriah: I have to run... RL hunger...

[17:06] Vernes Veranes: thanks

[17:06] Vincent Nacon: woot! banned but not banned!

[17:07] Vernes Veranes: niiice

[17:07] Vernes Veranes: so when do the alien children come for our eyes?

[17:07] TankMaster Finesmith: thx andrew

[17:07] Andrew Linden: I'm kinda surprised we still run this region.

[17:07] Vincent Nacon: I'd be surprised too

[17:07] Rex Cronon: right. whre r the children of the corn:)

[17:08] Vincent Nacon: waste of server's power

[17:08] Andrew Linden: We shoulda have had a halloween party here.

[17:08] Vincent Nacon: aye

[17:08] Kadah Coba: Yes

[17:08] Vernes Veranes: btw andrew

[17:08] Andrew Linden: Next year.

[17:08] Rex Cronon: why didn't u?

[17:08] TankMaster Finesmith: takes effert to go over and turn it off

[17:08] Andrew Linden: Or we could just open it up to the public

[17:09] Vernes Veranes: The static data thing, I am making an assumption that sims containing static data, would run alot smoother when all the architecture doesn't have to be loaded all the time.

[17:09] Vincent Nacon: naaa

[17:09] Andrew Linden: but that would just make it loose its appeal

[17:09] Vincent Nacon: yeah

[17:09] TankMaster Finesmith: agreed

[17:09] Vincent Nacon: just kill it

[17:09] Vincent Nacon: and it'll become a legend of the past

[17:09] Rex Cronon: u can have the chrismass party here;)

[17:09] Vincent Nacon: I dunno about that, rex

[17:09] Vincent Nacon: muhaha!

[17:10] Rex Cronon: u get invited here by the grinch:)

[17:10] Andrew Linden: Can't you just see it? A nice little christmas tree here between the rows

[17:10] Vincent Nacon: mixing horror and enjoy isn't quite a theme

[17:10] Vincent Nacon: joy*

[17:10] Rex Cronon: it would be an wonderfull pr for ll:)

[17:10] Vernes Veranes: Mh, some randomized evens of shadowy blurs would add to the atmosphere :P

[17:11] Rex Cronon: u need mesh corn here:)

[17:11] TankMaster Finesmith: yeah, this place needs a meshy upgrade :P

[17:11] Rex Cronon: and a windmill

[17:11] Andrew Linden: We need some neat Easter Egg that wouls allow you to sometimes get to the Corn Field

[17:11] Vernes Veranes: an invisible prim moving past you playing a running sound here and tehre

[17:11] Rex Cronon: scarecrows

[17:12] TankMaster Finesmith: theres 2 windmills here already

[17:12] Andrew Linden: Maybe once we have llTeleportAvatar() working we could make some god-powered object that sometimes just drops onto people an abducts them here.

[17:12] Rex Cronon: where

[17:12] Rex Cronon: i don't see them

[17:12] TankMaster Finesmith: over there

[17:12] Vincent Nacon: Andrew, can you TP Beatrix Newt as well?

[17:12] Andrew Linden: Lets go to the TV

[17:12] Andrew Linden: This way...

[17:12] Vernes Veranes: k

[17:13] Andrew Linden: We should have User Group here.

[17:13] TankMaster Finesmith: agreed

[17:13] Vincent Nacon: muhaha!

[17:13] Vincent Nacon: yes

[17:13] TankMaster Finesmith: if you want to come, a linden has to TP you :P

[17:14] Vincent Nacon: not a bad idea but then, it wouldn't be much of a legend here

[17:14] TankMaster Finesmith: i think some would get a thrill out of the god TP

[17:14] Andrew Linden: Or, we could have an object at the other location. Click it to TP here.

[17:14] Vernes Veranes: nice old horror movie music :)

[17:14] Kadah Coba: Someone nerfed scripts since I was last here



Simulator_User_Group

Prev 2011.11.08 Next 2011.11.15