User talk:Nexii Malthus
I've been going through your Geometric Library, could you give the parameter names for the functions meaningful descriptions? The single and double letter parameter names just don't convey enough information about how the functions are supposed to be used. -- Strife Onizuka 15:09, 5 May 2008 (PDT)
You made a good start but doesn't really help people know what Pn, Pd, O, etc are? I hate to say this but single and double letter variable names are out of fashion these days. Not that we are style crazy here on the wiki (far from it, you will see a diverse range of code styles here on the wiki) but lines have to be drawn somewhere. -- Strife Onizuka 20:20, 7 May 2008 (PDT)
- Thank you. That is so much better! -- Strife Onizuka 00:15, 8 May 2008 (PDT)
I've been poking at Hierarchics and I have been making some tweaks to it but they aren't why I'm posting. The reason I'm writing this is: CheckValidity. I don't think as a public script it needs or benefits from CheckValidity, in fact it is detrimental. As the script is currently written, CheckValidity isn't called until the object is rezzed or the inventory changes. The problem is that CheckValidity wasn't designed to work with 3rd party creators, the only creators it cares about are the hard coded ones.
So here is what will happen, a third party will try to use the script and it will work, but when they rerez the object, it will self destruct. The user won't know what happened and unless they read the script carefully, they won't know that they need to change the Developer keys.
Personally, it makes me uneasy to see hard coded UUIDs especially when they are granted special privileges over my script ("my" in the sense that it's in my object doing my bidding). It makes me even more uneasy when I don't know who they are. Some comments there would have been good.
I've done you the favor and remove the CheckValidity functionality from the script. I couldn't imaging you wanting people IMing you with "Your script killed my object!"
P.S. Here is a list of changes I've made:
- Add: Ref now supports quaternions
- Fix: Ref does not support <0,0,0>
- Fix: Collision between Link_HierarchicsGet and Link_HierarchicsEdit
- Add: Re-enabled Link_HierarchicsGet
- Fix: In edit mode the (ChangedRot && ChangedPos) code is dead due to preceding logic... and inconsistent with preceding code.
- Hi, I noticed you released this code into the public domain. Just wanted to say that I have no problem releasing the changes I made also into the public domain as well. I'm pretty flexible about license but others may not so take care in the future; at least give them some warning on the talk page. -- Strife (talk|contribs) 17:48, 10 January 2010 (UTC)
With all the changes to LSL (PRIM_ROT_LOCAL for one), have you considered writing a slaveless version? What I mean to say, is a version that requires no scripts in the children? -- Strife (talk|contribs) 22:47, 12 August 2012 (PDT)
Testing my nice new signature -> --Nexii Malthus 23:14, 14 February 2010 (UTC)