Release Notes/Second Life Server/1.24
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Release Notes for Second Life Server 1.24.10 (106457) (December 22, 2008):
- Add support for openspace/homestead/normal regions
Release Notes for Second Life Server 1.24.7 (98039) (October 2nd, 2008):
- Multiple touch_start events are generated if Left Mouse button is clicked & held
- Three security fixes
Release Notes for Second Life Server 1.24.6 (97433) (September 25th, 2008):
- Added llEmail throttle as a server-side spam reduction measure
- Memory leak identified in LSLScript handling code
- Mono Domains are unloading when they should not be leading to server lag spikes
- Partial fix
- : C# error messages with Mono Compiled scripts
- rotations as ZERO_ROTATION : Mono is not initializing
- llBase64ToString under Mono : Error message using
- : MONO only: An IF that checks a function that doesn't return a value causes the compiler to crash.
- integer variable called rez will not compile in MONO. : User defined
- : Mono Beta: Full recompile of an object (Mass Recompile) does not report compile errors to the user
Release Notes for Second Life Server 1.24.5 (96115) (September 12th, 2008):
- : Instant Messages of certain lengths (object name + IM text) are not delivered with 1.24.1
- : Rezzing a coalesced objects with 1024 scripted prims fails
- Listen and sensor (maybe other) events persist between states in LSL2 :
- timer() event triggers before on_rez(), & state_entry() : MONO -
: C# error messages with Mono Compiled scripts
- partial fix
- attach() event survives reset : Mono Beta - LSL
Release Notes for Second Life Server 1.24.4 (September 3rd, 2008):
- llGetNextEmail(string address, string subject) is called with a value in the SUBJECT field, the call will fail as no email will be picked up by the email( ) event. : Second Life Server 18.104.22.168195: If
- : When creating a new list from a string and old list, it adds the string to the old list as well
- : Abandoning land changes land name and description even when done by an Estate Manager.
- : State changes are several times slower on MONO servers
Release Notes for Second Life Server 1.24.3 (August 29th, 2008):
- Mono is an alternate way to run ordinary LSL scripts. It has advantages of speed and memory management over the current script engine. For more information, see Mono.
- Note: Although no special viewer is needed to run Mono scripts, to create them you will need a viewer version of 1.21 or later.
- The 1.21 Release Candidate Viewer is expected to be available the week of August 25th.
- Enabled group moderation features for voice chat.
Changes that require both 1.24 Server *and* 1.21 Viewer (available here under "Release Candidate"):
- New LSL calls for touch "position" in the touch_start(), touch(), and touch_end() events. Each touch() event provides the current surface point data (allowing grabbing, sliders, levers, and all sorts of pseudo GUI builds!):
- llDetectedTouchUV() - returns the UV coordinates of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchFace() - returns the face of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchPos() - returns the world coordinates of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchNormal() - returns the surface normal of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchBinormal() - returns the surface bi-normal of the point touched.
- llDetectedTouchST() - call to query surface coordinates.
- Script performance now measured in "events per second" (eps) instead of "instructions per second" (ips)
- 1.21 viewers will show "Script events" in the statistics window (ctrl-sht-1), but the metric will only have useful data for regions running 1.24.
- Earlier viewers will show the legacy "Script perf" in the stat window, but its value will only be useful for regions running 1.23.
- Once 1.24 is deployed gridwide, the only way to obtain useful script performance info will be with a 1.21 or later viewer
- New feature to return all objects on an estate
- : Add "Return All Objects" as an estate-wide feature for a specified resident
- New info added:
- Add Time Stamp to Parcel Object List
- Add Time Stamp to Top Scripts Colliders List
- Add more categories to Help -> Report Abuse..
- Three security fixes