Where am I?
The Mini-Map shows a top-down view of your immediate surroundings. Your avatar is represented by the white/yellow dot in the center. Green dots are other avatars. The Mini-Map's field of vision rotates to face the same direction you are oriented inworld.
To see a more comprehensive view of your surroundings you can bring up the World Map by left-clicking the Mini-Map.
- You are the white dot with the yellow circle around it. What you can see is within the gray triangle.
- Drag the Zoom slider in the lower right corner to zoom in or out. (also facilitated with the mouse scroll wheel.)
- The World Map doesn't rotate: North is always up.
The World Map can tell you lots more:
- Looking for other people? They're green dots, just like on the Mini-Map.
- Looking for things to do? Pink stars show special event locations. Double-click on them for more information.
- Looking for stuff or land to buy? Click the "Background" drop-down menu in the upper right corner, and choose "Objects For Sale" or "Land For Sale".
- The dots on the Mini-Map mean the same as they do on the regular map.
- You can show or hide the Mini-Map with Ctrl-Shift-M.
- If you see a green V pointing up or down, that means a person is up higher than you or lower than you.