First steps in Second Life
How to Guides
This is about the software you need to start your SL!
- Main viewer :
- Download main viewer
- Beta Viewer :
- This is an early look at what will become the next version of the viewer; it will have newer features, and fixes for some problems that are still in the main viewer, but may also have some new problems (finding those and fixing them is what Beta is all about). These are released approximately weekly.
- Download beta viewer
The wiki proposes portals dedicated to creation:
Bugs, Abuse Report, DMCA, tickets, etc
About bugs reporting in JIRA :
- How to report bugs in the JIRA :
- You can also check :
- Go to JIRA
- Dazzle : Information about the latest SL viewer !
- Havok4 : All you want to know about the new physics engine !
- Mono : Mono is here...
- WindLight : The new atmospheric lighting and rendering system
- Open Grid Public Beta : The open grid public beta has been launched
This section contains advanced help for Residents about avatars, objects, navigation, communication, community etc.
Avatars (appareance, gesture, etc):
Multimedia (voice, audio/video stream, sound, etc):
Lands (land, Region & estate):