How to link prims
(Redirected from Copy and Link a prim)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Avatar | Bug Fixes | Communication | Community | Glossary | Land & Sim | Multimedia | Navigation | Object | Video Tutorials | Viewer | Wiki | Misc
This tutorial explain how to copy and link prims :
- Press Ctrl-4 to open the Create menubox. The cursor changes into a wand.
- Select a prim shape from the graphic selections and click the wand where you want to create the prim. The menubox will switch to edit and the axis markers are visible.
- To copy the prim, hold down the Shift key and click on the arrow end of an axis. Drag the axis handle and you will get a copy of the prim.
- To link the prims, hold down the Shift key and select one prim.
- While still holding down the Shift key, click on the second prim.
- Press Ctrl-L. You now have one object.
You can give the linked set it's own name, copy, move it, or take it into inventory.
FYI: Ctrl-⇧ Shift-L is the command to unlink a linked object.
A Torley's video is also available : <videoflash>chqyS08db-U|250|206</videoflash> Linking prims (normal video size)